All-Star Large Senior Breakdowns

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

and just as divagirl mentioned, he or she would rather watch a new show. they were talking about their personal preference, not the judges'.

Obviously you haven't read the whole thread, because I've seen at least 3 other posts referring to the fact that F5 or Stars skills were watered down. Before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Now for my two cents. I think all too many of you are forgetting that there is no section that says "evolution of routine from last year". Whether you want to believe it or not, CEA is throwing skills very comparative to Stars and F5. The score sheet doesn't care if they used the same set up as last year. Nor should a judge if they're doing their job right. I know you may thing I'm just trying to defend them since I'm a fan, but anybody who has even for a second counted them out hasn't been following this division well enough. We're talking about a team that dropped a stunt last year and had a tumbling error and STILL beat the other two. One of which threw a very very good routine. If I remember correctly, they were FOURTEEN POINTS ahead of stars last year after day one. They didn't need to progress as much as the other two. Everyone needs to respect that all three will be giving each other a run for their money. Nobody's gonna get an easy ride, it will be anything but probably. Whoever wins this year will probably be more deserving than ever because I don't think I've ever seen the large senior division so close. All the large senior teams have looked absolutely amazing for their debut performances, hopefully that's foreshadowing for what the rest of the season and worlds will look like. Congrats to F5, CEA, FCA, Stars, Fame, and Tsunami! All of you guys look great this season!

See there you go again w/ the excuses & pointing fingers @ someone else..I'm basing my opinion off responses from more than just this one thread (duh?). I constantly read about why so & so fell from a stunt or why so & so marked tumbling or why so & so kept the format of so & so's routine from last season or why so & so's skills are out numbered by other teams because so & so's routine is watered down..I'm tired of the excuses. Just own up to what you are currently bringing to the floor and accept it for what it is @ that moment.

I feel like Cea/cea fans always have an excuse for everything. No team in any division competes the same routine from the 1st comp the whole season. The goal is to progress througout the season. No need to let us know senior elite's routine will change. That is obvious.

OK, well let me be more specific. I do believe the rule is that below full squad skills, the next level for higher scoring is a majority of skills, both in tumbling and stunting on many scoresheets and I think Worlds although I have not read the sheet and could be wrong. This thread is about numbers and comparisons. Today, I watched SE consistently throw 8 standing fulls (no one is throwing 19 that I saw), 15 standing to doubles (no one is throwing 19 but two new ones threw today so 15 is low) and 22 running and combination doubles. Believe it or not, no excuses, just observation. That will put them right in the middle of the mix, and although the other squads are throwing release stunts and have stepped up, they are not all of the groups but only a majority from my brief viewing of the routines on cell phones. SE is throwing all the groups stunting with triple stretches and 1 1/4 up to extension. The second stunt is redone with additional skill and a big upgrade, you will see it this weekend. Now, if my eyes are correct, and unless you feel the SE pyramid and dance is woefully inferior to the other team's pyramid and dance, if these tumbling skills are thrown by SE and all the teams, and no team improves to a majority of or full squad in those areas where they are less than majority (standing) or majority (running) , SE is not fighting it out for 3rd, but if hitting, probably winning. Now, if the tumbling skills are in the same range and level of perfection, the stunt groups of SS and F5 that are not throwing the harder stunts, all and not just a majority, they may have to do that to beat SE, and I assume, like some of our tumbling skills, that is problematic for them right now. Who knows, but I think this year, you are not going to win with a fall with these teams.

Now, I'm not criticizing anyone or any team. This is a comparative thread, and assumptions about potential placement are being made based on routines, as jrzy dad has noted, may not be in place until Indy. It's going to be a great year in the division, but on this thread the cart is a bit in front of the horse.

Oh, and no excuses from SE on 2010, we won. The only excuses I heard are why we did not win.

OK, well let me be more specific. I do believe the rule is that below full squad skills, the next level for higher scoring is a majority of skills, both in tumbling and stunting on many scoresheets and I think Worlds although I have not read the sheet and could be wrong. This thread is about numbers and comparisons. Today, I watched SE consistently throw 8 standing fulls (no one is throwing 19 that I saw), 15 standing to doubles (no one is throwing 19 but two new ones threw today so 15 is low) and 22 running and combination doubles. Believe it or not, no excuses, just observation. That will put them right in the middle of the mix, and although the other squads are throwing release stunts and have stepped up, they are not all of the groups but only a majority from my brief viewing of the routines on cell phones. SE is throwing all the groups stunting with triple stretches and 1 1/4 up to extension. The second stunt is redone with additional skill and a big upgrade, you will see it this weekend. Now, if my eyes are correct, and unless you feel the SE pyramid and dance is woefully inferior to the other team's pyramid and dance, if these tumbling skills are thrown by SE and all the teams, and no team improves to a majority of or full squad in those areas where they are less than majority (standing) or majority (running) , SE is not fighting it out for 3rd, but if hitting, probably winning. Now, if the tumbling skills are in the same range and level of perfection, the stunt groups of SS and F5 that are not throwing the harder stunts, all and not just a majority, they may have to do that to beat SE, and I assume, like some of our tumbling skills, that is problematic for them right now. Who knows, but I think this year, you are not going to win with a fall with these teams.

Now, I'm not criticizing anyone or any team. This is a comparative thread, and assumptions about potential placement are being made based on routines, as jrzy dad has noted, may not be in place until Indy. It's going to be a great year in the division, but on this thread the cart is a bit in front of the horse.

Oh, and no excuses from SE on 2010, we won. The only excuses I heard are why we did not win.

i only watched stars routine once so i can't really speak for them, however f5's stunt groups did 9/9 release moves (high high/low high tick tocks) and 9 1 1/4 to scorps as well. i think you should re-watch...

it D0ES matter than SE did not change their routine, the judges are human and believe or not, are subjective when watching routines, everyone wants to see something they have never seen before and the judges are not excluded from this category.

I'm happy F5 is coming back so strong. Those girls are due for gold at worlds and this year they're definitely in the running.

it D0ES matter than SE did not change their routine, the judges are human and believe or not, are subjective when watching routines, everyone wants to see something they have never seen before and the judges are not excluded from this category.

Yeah, judges are humans and they can have their own opinions, but not all of them necessarily judged them last year, or watched a bunch of their videos to notice all of the similarities. They are expected to judge whatever is put in front of them. As already stated, there isn't a place on the scoresheets to judge "how they evolved from last season".

And no need to bring that up. That is clearly just asking for drama.

Did you have to throw that comment in to make yourself feel greater? This is the 2010-2011 season. Hop on board.

I feel CEA's routine was extremely predictable... I mean... ()... It's just the same routine with better skills. F5, however, shocked me. I absolutely loved watching them. I think Ernie and Jeff have only helped make this team stronger and maybe these decorated coaches are exactly what the Twisters needed. Even if they aren't the reason F5 and all the Twisters teams are looking so strong... It certainly doesn't hurt.

Clearly, F5s staff and team are making real strides towards winning, props to them. If you keep watching the old routine, you will miss the new one.

[/B]

Did you have to throw that comment in to make yourself feel greater? This is the 2010-2011 season. Hop on board.

Uh, is your memory ok? You are the one claiming excuses in earlier responses, I was responding to your opinion. No excuses, just trying to give the real stats and let you know what kind of motivation a champion like Edith is to a team expanding their skills due to competition.

but i do have another comment, lets say that shooting stars wins jamfest, followed by senior elite....
would it be okay for WC to go crazy right after SE is announced for second or would that be rude?

I have a comment/question too: Did you learn anything from when you were banned? And, obviously you are incapable of reading (which is why we're having this argument in the first place) because I CLEARLY stated that "If the judges are doing their job" that CEA would be scored similar. And that's the cold hard truth. Whether you want to believe that is completely up to you. But the fact of the matter is, that a judge is supposed to be judging what is put in front of them. They aren't supposed to be influenced by the name on your uniform, what they saw last year, what team they have a personal fancy for, etc. That being said, I will say it once again: If the judges are doing their job right, which I strongly believe most will, CEA's routine will score well, regardless of what anyone on this board wants to think. I'm done discussing this with you on this thread. But I gladly take PM's if you really want to argue about it.

and Diamond: How exactly did I point fingers? By stating the truth? I never said they don't complain or have explanations. But, a large part of why they do is because they BY FAR have the most die hard support on this board. I'm sure if there were WC and F5 parents who actively posted on the boards, we'd see explanations from them too. When you have twice as many fans (on the boards), expect twice as many complaints, twice as many praises, etc. I was simply stating that if you go back and read the thread, I saw various posts about how Stars and F5's routines were "watered down" and "girls were hurt". If you didn't get the analogy, those were the "dirty hands". Every team has fans and parents that do it. Please, since your so good at pointing fingers, point me in the direction where anyone asks you to read their posts? Like I said to smiley, if you want to discuss it anymore you can hit me up with a pm because I'm not going to hog up a thread about this.

Back