All-Star Maryland--over Saturated With All Star Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think both of these gyms consider themselves to be competitive and family environments. While I agree these gyms have distinctly different personalities, I think this is an over simplification. Best way for someone to decide is visit before try-outs, take some tumbling classes, see what fits you best.
Fair enough.

also add smaller programs: Longhorns, Force, Pro Cheer, Nitro, GA Comets, Cheertyme, Cyclones,CAO.
yeah in my county there is NV, Nitro, CTA, and World Extreme. world extreme and nitro are in the same shopping area... about 30 ft from each other.. ridiculous

I think both of these gyms consider themselves to be competitive and family environments. While I agree these gyms have distinctly different personalities, I think this is an over simplification. Best way for someone to decide is visit before try-outs, take some tumbling classes, see what fits you best.

Perfect approach!!

I know this isn't in the States my the town i'm from in England (about 20,000 people live here, so really small) we have 5 cheer teams in the town - all small gyms as not enough people want to cheer here :(
1) Falcons (originally 'allstars' started 2008, then merged with the leading gymnastics centre in the area the same year to become Falcons academy cheerleading),
2) Sway
3) Jets
4) shine dance co.
5) South West Stars - the newest in the town - opens on the 24th sept.

I really dont understand why people set up gyms in areas where it's allready oversaturated. Especially in my town in Enmgland where cheer isn't respected/as popular as it is in the US! Real stuipd for a business plan if you ask me...

i live in jersey , and live 10 mins from my gym, 20 mins from just cheer , and there are like 6 other gyms i can drive to within an hour and half

I would love to have that problem :) we commute an hour to the closest gym. I would love to have one within minutes if me and choices is such a foreign concept to me haha! Going from no gums to several gyms would be the ultimate!

Now that we're talking about Maryland having to many gyms, we need to talk about Jacksonville have barely any gyms. I live in Jacksonville so I can't drive all the way to the Keys,Tampa, or Miami every week for practice :( My only hope to ever get a worlds ring is cheering for Louisville but I don't graduate till 2015 :(

I'm from Maine. In just southern/central Maine we have...
-Maine Stars
-Elite All-Stars of Maine
-Coastal Xtreme Cheer
-Maine Xtreme
-Maine Event
-Planet Cheer

...and only one competes at level 5 or 6 and only one program (Planet Cheer) has gotten a bid to worlds. Like I guess it's good that cheer is big enough to have six gyms within an hour/two hours of each other, (especially in a state that has a population of about 1.5 million) but I just wish Maine could produce worlds-caliber teams.

yea im in maine stars and I wish we would have a worlds team but we have restricted 5

I honestly think this is sorta pointless...no one complains about football teams being 15minutes away from each other. It's a wonderful thing that there is so much interest for allstars there.

Oh and let me add that Vipers have two locations in Northern Virginia too that are within an hour of some parts of Maryland.
Where are the VA locations? I know the one closed and not a good way and Twisters actually helped those teams finish the season and a lot of those CPs and coaches I thought are now at Cheer Tyme Chantilly...

Too me multiple gyms is not a bad thing because it provides consumer choice and empowers the parents and CPs to use the power of the purse and make the right choice for them. That said it could also be said that it spreads the pool of talent out possibly making teams less strong... but I think a good coach and dedicated CPs could produce a good strong team in a small or large gym.

Where are the VA locations? I know the one closed and not a good way and Twisters actually helped those teams finish the season and a lot of those CPs and coaches I thought are now at Cheer Tyme Chantilly...

yep they did. this thread is old :)

Back