All-Star Maryland--over Saturated With All Star Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a Maryland Twisters Alumni, as well as being from Southern Maryland, I feel like the Twisters takeover MD Superstarz is a great acquisition. When I first started heading up to Glen Burnie my freshman year of high school, there were only 3 of us from the area. There are now 20+ girls all carpooling to Glen Burnie from southern maryland. My parents told me when I first tried out for Twisters that we would only be making the drive if I was placed on a level 5 team. More than likely, there will be no F5-caliber team coming out of Maryland Twisters Waldorf soon (although I have no doubt with the talent Superstarz already had combined with the Maryland Twisters staff will create great things), but I know for younger athletes, this will make parents decisions to finally become a member of a bigger named gym much easier!

Wow:eek: Thats kind of big news....Will PA Vipers stay black and gold or change to Black and red like MD Vipers??? If so I'll miss your unis....
yes we'll be keeping black and gold this coming season! and to clear things up because i've been seeing a lot of confusion on facebook and whatnot!

...vipers will still be keeping our pennsylvania gym that we have had, our athletes from PA are not traveling to maryland...i know that people were saying our level 5 athletes would be traveling to baltimore which is not true...maryland and virginia will have their level 5 teams, just as pennsylvania will have ours! the only change is that we are one big program now, we have not lost any athletes etc. :)

looking forward to a great season...our evals started last evening and the talent is flooding in!

yes we'll be keeping black and gold this coming season! and to clear things up because i've been seeing a lot of confusion on facebook and whatnot!

...vipers will still be keeping our pennsylvania gym that we have had, our athletes from PA are not traveling to maryland...i know that people were saying our level 5 athletes would be traveling to baltimore which is not true...maryland and virginia will have their level 5 teams, just as pennsylvania will have ours! the only change is that we are one big program now, we have not lost any athletes etc. :)

looking forward to a great season...our evals started last evening and the talent is flooding in!

CONGRATS to both Viper Programs :) I have had nothing but good experiences with both gyms. Best Wishes from everyone at Hagerstown Heat!

I'm from Maine. In just southern/central Maine we have...
-Maine Stars
-Elite All-Stars of Maine
-Coastal Xtreme Cheer
-Maine Xtreme
-Maine Event
-Planet Cheer

...and only one competes at level 5 or 6 and only one program (Planet Cheer) has gotten a bid to worlds. Like I guess it's good that cheer is big enough to have six gyms within an hour/two hours of each other, (especially in a state that has a population of about 1.5 million) but I just wish Maine could produce worlds-caliber teams.

Word around town is that these smaller gyms grabbed up by the large ones are having a case of "sticker shock" now. True?

Um Pittsburgh Pennsylvania itself has at least 18 gyms.

1. Fire & Ice
2. Hot Cheer
3. X-cel all stars
4. Pennsylvania storm
5. Pittsburgh Pride
6. Pittsburgh Poison
7. Pittsburgh Superstars
8.FCA
9. Pittsburgh Platinum
10. Cyotes
11. Premier cheer
12.Perfexion all stars
13. Gymsport
14. Twist & Shout
15. Steel City all stars
16. Millers cheer & Dance
17. Falcons Elite
18. Force athletics

yeah this is just the Pittsburgh Area and there are more. They are all extremely close to each other too.

I would think that the state of GA takes the cake with being over saturated.....in my area with is south of atlanta there is 6 gyms in a 30 mile radius...then north of atlanta you have stingrays, ga, atl, twisters, allstar panthers, thunder.....CRAZY!!!
AGREED.
Too many gyms, but my personal fave is GA Allstars.
I also like Rays but the traffic from here to there is horrible and GA is fairly close to me.

AGREED.
Too many gyms, but my personal fave is GA Allstars.
I also like Rays but the traffic from here to there is horrible and GA is fairly close to me.

I heard monday that a new gym is going to open up in the ga, allstar panthers area!!!! i think that would make 6 gyms up that way...ga, panthers, atl, twisters, icon and whatever this gym is...if it opens

I heard monday that a new gym is going to open up in the ga, allstar panthers area!!!! i think that would make 6 gyms up that way...ga, panthers, atl, twisters, icon and whatever this gym is...if it opens
Do you live in the Alpharetta area?
I'm beginning to think you do. :)

Anyways, that'd be crazy.
We have so many gyms here, that it'll take incredible coaches and choreographers to get cheerleaders to switch gyms.

Do you live in the Alpharetta area?
I'm beginning to think you do. :)

Anyways, that'd be crazy.
We have so many gyms here, that it'll take incredible coaches and choreographers to get cheerleaders to switch gyms.

Nope I live on the south side of Atlanta, but years ago I worked in Alpharetta...I could not deal with traffic on 400 :confused:
I was very shocked when a friend told me about this "new gym" but I guess we will have to see if it happens because I know so many people that say "I'm going to start my own gym because I know I can do it better than xyz" and they realize that its nothing that they thought it would be.

Latest posts

Back