All-Star Maxing Out Level 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Legalities don't impact how things are scored. Cartwheel tucks are categorized one way for legality purposes. A company may score them in level 4 a different way.

As for maxing out stunts - 1/2 up to the top, full up immediate to prep, switch up to prep, tick tock to prep, level appropriate inversions with twisting.
You can switch up to the top in level 3 - given the backspot holds the ankle!

HOT STUNT for level 3 this year - will be the Full up Lib (at a half level) Tick up to opposite liberty - and then powerpress tick tock stretch...Drop stretch leg to extension - Full down!

HOT STUNT for level 3 this year - will be the Full up Lib (at a half level) Tick up to opposite liberty - and then powerpress tick tock stretch...Drop stretch leg to extension - Full down!
A switch up to the top where the backspot holds the ankle won't come close to maxing you out at the level. You need to do release moves to prep level, full twists to and at prep level, and half twists to the top. You also need to do suspended forward rolls.

@imrichhowboutu tell me what you think of this for our sr 3.
full up to prep, bump n go extension, full down, immediately reload to switch up, bump to stretch, bow, power press scorp, scale, torch, cradle, reload 1/2 ball up to suspended front flip to split. What would you do to make it better?

Would it be hot? yes. Not going to score anywhere near as well as teams playing to the new level 3 stunt rules this year. Except maybe at ASC where Performance and Entertainment tends to take precedence over difficulty.

@imrichhowboutu tell me what you think of this for our sr 3.
full up to prep, bump n go extension, full down, immediately reload to switch up, bump to stretch, bow, power press scorp, scale, torch, cradle, reload 1/2 ball up to suspended front flip to split. What would you do to make it better?

I assume fully released switch up to prep level? I'm guessing you are cradling from torch cause it will be cleaner? And add a twist to the suspended front flip.

Remove the half twist in the ball up:
4. Release moves are restricted to a single skill/trick.

dang I was hoping the half up ball up was legal but I wasnt sure. yes we are cradling from torch b/c its clean but if you have a suggestion I'd appreciate it. the switch up is a fully released move

I assume fully released switch up to prep level? I'm guessing you are cradling from torch cause it will be cleaner? And add a twist to the suspended front flip.

Remove the half twist in the ball up:
4. Release moves are restricted to a single skill/trick.
which do you suggest we keep...the half up (with a straight release) or the ball up? do you think we should just reload from the torch? that would save us a few counts too

which do you suggest we keep...the half up (with a straight release) or the ball up? do you think we should just reload from the torch? that would save us a few counts too
you already do a release move, twisting entry, and inversion. I don't think you need to do either.

you already do a release move, twisting entry, and inversion. I don't think you need to do either.
ok, that would actually give us some more time so I may take it out. The girls love it but we need more dance time so this helps me a lot. Thank you for giving me your input!!

If a cartwheel tuck is ILLEGAL in Level 3 due to it being a "standing" pass - Why is a cartwheel full considered running tumbling?

It's not illegal due to being a standing pass. It's illegal because it's not immediately preceded by a round off or round off back handspring.

Can you punch front then powerhurdle to a ro bhs tuck pass?... Technically it's not connected since your feet are hitting the ground twice after the punch front.
Or if you land the punch front then take a step into the pass.

Can you punch front then powerhurdle to a ro bhs tuck pass?... Technically it's not connected since your feet are hitting the ground twice after the punch front.
Or if you land the punch front then take a step into the pass.

You would either need a clear stop or a step between the punch front and power hurdle.

gahhh maxing out pyramids in level 3 i think is impossible.... for example
our junior 3 does
2 full twisting front flip overs (ever see those in level 3 before) two power press tic tocs (actual releases not fakies) two released backflips (like level 4 but one of the bracers is on the ground) and two front flip releases (like level 4 but one bracer is on the ground)
highest pyramid difficulty score was the range +.6 except at cheersport regionals where we got 19/20 i want to believe.
but with a small team doing 8 skills at max difficulty, with 6 of the skills not normally seen in level 3, the front fulls which most people don't even realize are legal in level 3, and .6 for the score? its kinda frustrating. I think next year we are going to do the same old tired level 3 skills that score well but aren't as difficult, are definitely boring.
Wow, where can I see a video that soudns like an awesom level 3 pyramid!

Back