All-Star Maxing Out Level 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard to get max. points you only need a majority (51% , seems odd because I always think of 70% as the majority) of the team to tumble? Is that correct?

I heard to get max. points you only need a majority (51% , seems odd because I always think of 70% as the majority) of the team to tumble? Is that correct?

max range and maxed out are two different things.

51 or 70 depends on the company but that would get you into the bottom of the max range, to get max points within that range you need squad, synch and variety

max range and maxed out are two different things.

51 or 70 depends on the company but that would get you into the bottom of the max range, to get max points within that range you need squad, synch and variety

Thanks for explaining it. :)

Ok I may just be reading wrong, but according to this years rules this would now be illegal correct?

2. Inversions are limited to a 1⁄2 twisting rotation.
Exception: Multi base suspended forward roll may twist up to a full twisting rotation. (see #1. Exception above)

I read that as you can do front fulls however not a backwards full correct? I'm sure @imrichhowboutu would know
Suspended forward roll i think is just the name for it in allstar. From the glossary:

A stunt in which a top person performs a hip over head rotation while in constant physical contact with a person(s) who is in direct weight bearing contact with the performing surface.

That stunt looked to me like a full twisting backwards inversion which should be illegal, because you are limited to 1/2 unless you are specifically doing a suspended Forward roll

CGAcheer said:
That stunt looked to me like a full twisting backwards inversion which should be illegal, because you are limited to 1/2 unless you are specifically doing a suspended Forward roll

I know what a whirlybird is ( @Hungry and I were just discussing this) and I know we can't do those so we need to get some clarifications or I'm going to be more confused than when we started this conversation. I appreciate everyones input on this bc it has been at the top of my list for a few weeks. What I need to know is how to make our suspended forward rolls (front tucks) a full twist.

I know what a whirlybird is ( @Hungry and I were just discussing this) and I know we can't do those so we need to get some clarifications or I'm going to be more confused than when we started this conversation. I appreciate everyones input on this bc it has been at the top of my list for a few weeks. What I need to know is how to make our suspended forward rolls (front tucks) a full twist.
Usually how I have done them in the past is to just have the back spot twist the arms towards the end of the flip, and the flyer stays tight and looks left. The twist happens after the flip.

@Andre - can you confirm this. Do full twisting suspended rolls in level 3 need to flip forward?

What I need to know is how to make our suspended forward rolls (front tucks) a full twist.

I found a video, but they use 3 extra people. I want to play with it and see if I can make it work with a regular group of 4, but I don't think I'm going to have time...

We do them using a front spot. The flyer connects arms with front spot. The front spot faces forward and connects with arms over head. Then just do a normal front flip over the front spot (side and main move forward to catch). The front spot twists arms so the flyer will land with arms crossed and front becomes back spot. Hope that's not too confusing.

FamousMatty said:
We do them using a front spot. The flyer connects arms with front spot. The front spot faces forward and connects with arms over head. Then just do a normal front flip over the front spot (side and main move forward to catch). The front spot twists arms so the flyer will land with arms crossed and front becomes back spot. Hope that's not too confusing.

No I get it. Sounds like it would work for us!! I can't wait to try it Monday. I have gotten some really good advice from all of you. Thanks!

Usually how I have done them in the past is to just have the back spot twist the arms towards the end of the flip, and the flyer stays tight and looks left. The twist happens after the flip.

@Andre - can you confirm this. Do full twisting suspended rolls in level 3 need to flip forward?

Yes it needs to be forward. The definition you gave was for a Suspended Flip/Roll, with no direction indicated. The exception allowing a full twist in L3 is for "Multi base suspended forward roll" with forward being specified.

Back