All-Star Maxing Out Level 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gahhh maxing out pyramids in level 3 i think is impossible.... for example
our junior 3 does
2 full twisting front flip overs (ever see those in level 3 before) two power press tic tocs (actual releases not fakies) two released backflips (like level 4 but one of the bracers is on the ground) and two front flip releases (like level 4 but one bracer is on the ground)
highest pyramid difficulty score was the range +.6 except at cheersport regionals where we got 19/20 i want to believe.
but with a small team doing 8 skills at max difficulty, with 6 of the skills not normally seen in level 3, the front fulls which most people don't even realize are legal in level 3, and .6 for the score? its kinda frustrating. I think next year we are going to do the same old tired level 3 skills that score well but aren't as difficult, are definitely boring.
You probably didn't score the highest because I wouldn't quite count all of that as pyramid skills. Its like when teams come down to prep and do prep doubles. Thats not getting scored in pyramid because it is a stunt. I'm not explaining this as well as i could be.

imrichhowboutu said:
You probably didn't score the highest because I wouldn't quite count all of that as pyramid skills. Its like when teams come down to prep and do prep doubles. Thats not getting scored in pyramid because it is a stunt. I'm not explaining this as well as i could be.

I get u. If it's not connected to another stunt it's not a pyramid. At least that's always been my understanding.

True, but I've also been told by judges and EP's, that if the skill is happening "within the pyramid sequence" then it's scored as part of the pyramid. Is it a matter of judges preference? I don't know...

Would it be hot? yes. Not going to score anywhere near as well as teams playing to the new level 3 stunt rules this year. Except maybe at ASC where Performance and Entertainment tends to take precedence over difficulty.

Curious as to why you think that stunt sequence doesn't hit the new score sheet or what you think it needs to hit the new score sheet?? Maybe I'm just not understanding...

Mclovin said:
Curious as to why you think that stunt sequence doesn't hit the new score sheet or what you think it needs to hit the new score sheet?? Maybe I'm just not understanding...

Me too. Is there a newer skill being done that's not in there?

I think Rich already covered it, but the new rules allow for release moves such as switch ups to prep level, so though the tic tocs to the top where a back spot is holding the ankle are fun to look at they are not a "true" release move and the switch up prep would score higher. Also that particular stunt listed that I replied to (not the second one posted) had no inversion it, which to max out on new rules would need to involve a twist of some form. As a side not. I believe that a full up to prep level immediate body position should score higher, however last year my level 3 team doing full ups was consistently out scored on stunts by teams doing half up immediate body position to the top.

I think Rich already covered it, but the new rules allow for release moves such as switch ups to prep level, so though the tic tocs to the top where a back spot is holding the ankle are fun to look at they are not a "true" release move and the switch up prep would score higher. Also that particular stunt listed that I replied to (not the second one posted) had no inversion it, which to max out on new rules would need to involve a twist of some form. As a side not. I believe that a full up to prep level immediate body position should score higher, however last year my level 3 team doing full ups was consistently out scored on stunts by teams doing half up immediate body position to the top.

I agree on the fake tick tock to the top, but I thought a full up to prep on one leg was max and EQUAL to a switch up to prep. I didn't realize you had to have both to max out. Maybe I need to re-read the new score sheets again... :/

You always want to see elements to the top. But i agree with everything you say there.

Do full up immediate to prep, Release move to prep, half up to the top, inversion with a twist, and twist out of 2 legs and you'll be set.

I agree on the fake tick tock to the top, but I thought a full up to prep on one leg was max and EQUAL to a switch up to prep. I didn't realize you had to have both to max out. Maybe I need to re-read the new score sheets again... :/

The full up and switch up would be in two separate categories one would be twisting mount and the other a release move. At a competition where they break down required skills by number (i.e. 4 level 3 skills to max out) I could see where the two may be considered equal. However from my experience most competitions these days actually say they want stunts with a variety or combination of release moves, twisting mounts, inversions, and body positions. So both may score high, however doing one but not the other more thank likely would not max out. Sorry I get a bit wordy at times, hope that made sense.

Thanks for all the input guys! It's nice to know we are doing pretty much everything we should to max out in all of our stunt sequences. It's so hard to decide WHAT is most important sometimes.

• max out standing tumbling by doing backhandspring step out round off backhandspring tucks.

Not necessarily...you just did a level 2 standing tumbling skill connected to a level 3 running tumbling pass. The pass may seem impressive but a toe touch into two handsprings should technically outscore that.

Not necessarily...you just did a level 2 standing tumbling skill connected to a level 3 running tumbling pass. The pass may seem impressive but a toe touch into two handsprings should technically outscore that.
Some companies won't reward that as a standing tumbling pass. I know this past weekend I did a training course for a specific company, and they said if there is a roundoff, it becomes standing tumbling.

So that specific section if done by the whole team would score really low for standing.

so to max out, you do as many max, pushing the gray areas skills as possible while having it all synched but at the same time having variety in 2:30 as you can, while still having it look good and flow together

Back