OT Mcl/acl Tear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apparently my insurance won't cover a brace at all for a tear injury since it's not "permanent" and needed all the time. So looks like I'll have to pay out of pocket. There is the donjoy female fource and it's an off the shelf type like the custom one sort of so may look into that. Need to win the lottery lol ugh...
Sorry but that's what I thought, we had surgery and it still had to be approved by insurance. And yes the braces we got were ridiculously expensive but really do fit perfectly. They actually come out measure you, and then they make a 3-D model on the computer and then construct the brace. My girls love their braces. Sorry hopefully it will work out for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had private insurance they'd pay but I don't it's a provincial insurance through the disability I receive every month....I get that custom one is expensive because it's made to fit you....but it sucks that even the "off the shelf" ones are pretty expensive too. What I don't get is why the pain just keeps getting worse and I'm doing the exercises they gave me and not doing anything other than maybe some light walking to get groceries and such.

If you've torn your ACL you will need surgery. Your MCL can heal by itself but your ACL requires surgery. I tore both as well as my meniscus and didn't require a brace until after surgery. I would go to a different doctor for a second opinion and most importantly an MRI so they can see what truly happened.
wow you tore all three? Ouch. One of my family members tore 3 also. He had surgery on all three, but luckily it was just one surgery.

wow you tore all three? Ouch. One of my family members tore 3 also. He had surgery on all three, but luckily it was just one surgery.
It was awful. My boyfriend convinced me to go skiing for the first time and the one time I went down something other than the bunny hill, my ski got stuck In the snow when I went to turn but my knee kept turning:/ the med staff at the resort were awful, told me it was a mild sprain and I had a reaaalllyy cute makeshift brace from them. My dad is an occupational therapist and as soon as he saw it he scheduled me with a physical therapist and surgeon.
a4d8d3cee8a00a7e6788e99ff8e2cf0f.jpg
114ed8c56702ea9027d500a151098683.jpg

It was awful. My boyfriend convinced me to go skiing for the first time and the one time I went down something other than the bunny hill, my ski got stuck In the snow when I went to turn but my knee kept turning:/ the med staff at the resort were awful, told me it was a mild sprain and I had a reaaalllyy cute makeshift brace from them. My dad is an occupational therapist and as soon as he saw it he scheduled me with a physical therapist and surgeon
114ed8c56702ea9027d500a151098683.jpg
ouch. My nephew tore his during a football game. It didn't even happen during a play. the play was over and a guy just like fell on his leg. It was an away game but luckily the hospital was right across from the school. Right now he still going to PT, but he's doing really well now.

ouch. My nephew tore his during a football game. It didn't even happen during a play. the play was over and a guy just like fell on his leg. It was an away game but luckily the hospital was right across from the school. Right now he still going to PT, but he's doing really well now.
I'll think good thoughts for him! It sucked at first but I'm actually in better shape than I was before.

Knee seems to be getting worse not better in anyway so my doctor put in a request for an MRI [emoji106]

Back