All-Star Most Touching Cheer Moments...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For me, mine was last year at Worlds. I had the pleasure of watching a young lady that I began coaching ten years ago,when she was just 6 years old, as she took the floor with her current team. She performed flawlessly and to see her smile from the floor was just great!

I'll never forget seeing Bangkok at Worlds '09 and watching the entire Milk House Flip Out! Sometimes we get so competitive that we aren't all willing admit a team's greatness, but I'm pretty sure the entire arena was on their feet by mid-routine, all screaming together : )

Definitely ditto the outpour of support for Midwest <3

One of my worst moments but definitely a touching one, was coming off the worlds floor day 2 last season, after dropping my stunt. All I can remember is balling my eyes out onto my mom and a fame supersenior coming over and litterally pulling me off my mom, looking me in the face and asking what was wrong. After I told her, she hugged me, looked at me again and said, "we all messed up, everyone did. but you're goana have to stop crying now. im not goana let you cry anymore." She finally got me to stop and talked to me until I was better. I'll never forget how nice her and her friends were. That was definitely my worst cheer moment and they made me feel SO much better

just last weekend, it was our second competition of the season for KEYSTONE EXTREME ALL STARS and i had to take the ACT test the same day, the place i was origonally suppost to take it was about 3 and a half hours away from the competition. I was freaking out and crying so bad, but then i turned to my side, and the whole KEYSTONE EXTREME team was there, helping me thro it all, and in the end, we found a place for me to take my ACT test that was only 1o minutes away from the competition and we had a great preformance too! i couldnt thank my second family/ cheer program soooo much! this story might now be a very warm and fuzzy story, but everytime i think about it, it makes me feel how greatful i am to be on KEYSTONE EXTREME and how great of a second family they are <3

few different ones :) :
1. definatly all the support midwest elite has recieved, even my gym from california has been wearing blue

2. a few years ago, there was a little girl (Sydney), i think she was 8 and on our mini team, she was diagnosed with cancer. our whole gym and local gyms would constantly be doing car washes and other fundraiser, in hopes of raising money for Sydney's treatments. at local comps, some of the gyms would come up to our gym and leave the family donations, as sydney had an older sister also on the mini team. needless to say, our gym was able to raise enough money and sydney was able to get some of her necessary treatments. and as far as i know (she's no longer cheering) Sydney is healthy and active :)

3. it was my first year of cheer and i was on a team filled with ups and downs. we were a junior level 2 team, with barely any skills, so by our last few comps we dropped to junior level 1. we were going to our last competition of the season, which happened to be JAMZ las vegas nationals. my team rocked the mat, and was the only team from our gym to recieve jackets and come home as champions <3

4. at last weekends comp, we had a girl on my team not show up to comp, she was so sick she was in the hospital. my team was not informed of this until that day, so a girl who was already a double teamer, and the gym owner's daughter, decided she would be the one to help out our team. we went outside and practiced, Taylor was able to learn our whole routine in thirty minutes, and performed it absolutely flawless. thank you Taylor for stepping up, and allowing my team to be successful and win first/grand champs <3

My warm and fuzzy cheer memory was a few years ago..I honestly cannot remember which competition it was at I think either Return to Atlantis or American Cheer Power. Anyways, I was just sitting in the audience with teammates/friends and watching the competition and after this one team (can't remember even a gym name) finished performing and were walking off the floor then the announcer called back a little girl onto the floor, she was probably around 9-10ish or younger. So the little girl went back out onto the floor and stood there facing the audience. Next thing you know a man in an Army uniform came out from the warmup area and out of the curtains..he came out onto the floor and picked her up!!! Then her family came down with a huge American flag and put it around the dad and they played Proud to be an American. I remember bawling my eyes out it was the cutest thing I had ever seen! Her dad had been gone a little over a year, I think almost 2. I have family and now my boyfriend in the military so this definitely hits pretty close to home for me..and I thought it was so wonderful for both the cheer team and competition company to make this unforgettable memory special for the girl and her family!! :)
this is such a touching story:) it made me cry! Thanks for sharing:D

A few Christmases ago, my team had a holiday party and as one part we all wrote each other little notes. A lot of them had to do with my leadership and cheer ability. But there were others on a more personal level like sense of humor and appearance or inside joke type things. I honestly cried reading them. I've had some self esteem issues so really any sincere comment was important to me. It's really just nice to know how much you are appreciated. I don't know if there's really any other sport where you have to become so close to your team but I love it.

My Fuzziest Cheer Moment is the first day of NCA last year! Standing behind the stage about to go is the most indescribable feeling I have EVER felt. It is so hard to explain. Luckily we have some of the BEST parents, coaches, and supporters it made me feel better. Standing back there all I can hear is "CHEER ATHLETICS" *clap, clap, clap* Im talking to my teammates getting ready to kill it, and I here the Announcer say "WELCOME, YOUR CHEEEER ATHLEEETICS WIIIILDCATS" At that moment it was the fuzziest. I remember thinking to myself that I had complete faith in EVERYONE on my teammates and we were ready. That I was performing for my dream team. That this was about to be one of the greatest moments of my life. I know this sounds corny and all but if you have competed at NCA you know exactly what I am talking about!

the day of the accident with Midwest when we were at Americheer ...having girls offer to compete with us as fill ins for the injured girls despite the fact that they were from other gyms....just brings tears to my eyes. to have kids show that they are willing to support others regardless of what there gym allegiance was and stand together as one....just very touching to me and made me so proud of the all star community. second note also to sharkdad who made such a wonderful presentation at WSF of his flight for Midwest on wear blue day. thanks again, sharkdad!

I have witnessed quite a few moments like watching my daughter and her teammates get there skills and back stage at NCA. I have watched her compete hurt to the point of carrying her off the stage 6 times, worried, but proud at the same time of how tough she is.

Meeting the Cougars and other MCE people at Indy have now made my list.

it may have been the first year that nca allowed special needs teams to compete against each other and md twisters eye of the storm won. well after they took their pictures jimmy, one of the teammates, had the trophy in his hand. he looked at the crowd and lifted the trophy into the air as a sign of victory and motioned the crowd to cheer. it was genuine and showed that he was just as much a competitor as everyone else. truly touching. go jimmy!

Oh Blunchin, Eye of the Storm and Jimmy have brought me to tears SO many times, even before we joined the Twister Family. My favorite warm-N-fuzzy moment was when Supercells won worlds last year. They sent a priceless message all theay home to True ...who was in Maryland having her baby boy that very weekend!. PRICELESS!

I can think of some- as a coach, and as a cheerleader!

1- My high school team was a joke, and couldn't even place locally (of course, we had an "advisor" not a coach, who had NO IDEA what she was doing) My senior year, me and the other captain decided that we wanted to change that. So, we busted our butts, choreographed our own everything, made everyone take tumbling classes, etc. When we went to ECA (not even real nationals lol) we got 2nd out of like 15 teams in medium varsity. When they announced us as 2nd place, it felt like a world championship to us, just knowing how far we had been able to go in one season was really amazing. Our whole team jumped on top of us in a big pile and we were screaming and crying. One of the happiest things I ever remember in my life! I watch the video now, and I think it's atrocious hahaha.... but it was good enough to place in the late 90's lol

2- My freshman year of college, at NCA, our scores came up on the screen Day 1 putting us in 1st place. I actually have a video of the whole team just bawling in the stands when we found out. I still cry watching that, even though we ended up dropping to 4th lol (hitting clean both days and just being out-difficultied on Day 2)

3- My first year coaching allstars, I had a little one on my youth 2 team who was very tiny and weak for her age due to some medical issues. She couldn't even forward roll when I got her, all bones, but she had just gotten her backhandspring before Battle at the Capitol. She was a very shy and timid girl, from what I remember. She was so scared in warmups, she kept asking me to take it out. I told her no way, you can do it! When they got out there onto the floor, she hit that BHS and popped up with the most priceless expression. It actually gives me chills to think about the way that little girl's face lit up for the remainder of the routine. She was just beaming! She sprinted at me when they finished, and lept into my arms. If she were a normal sized kid, it would've knocked me down lol

4- Again, my first year coaching allstars (this team was crazy when I think about it lol)- I had a girl with no kidney, a girl with a hole in her heart, about 6 kids with diagnosed and medicated ADD/ADHD, a girl with partial blindness in one eye, a few asthmatics (normal to me now lol), and my most favorite girl of all, who had some learning difficulties. She couldn't do a motion, a jump, a forward roll, ANYTHING when she came to our team. She did not pick up on things very quickly, got lost on the floor, very short attention span, etc. I used to worked with her one-on-one before practices. She ended up making her way to the middle of the pack, by the time we got into March. Just watching her perform was great, because her energy and faces were always huge! The day she got her backhandspring, the whole gym stopped and cheered for her. She's on a senior 4 team now:)

Basically, anytime my kids hit the floor and overcome something- injury, personal situation, etc- or anytime you see the shy, quiet kids turn it out when they compete... love it, to me that's what this is all about! It's truly a sport for everyone<3

My fuzzy moment was the first time i hit the arena floor at dallas as a level 5 cheerleader. All those years i worked my butt off to get my skills together for the next season and it paid off. I could finally say i earned that jacket because we were the best, not because we fell less than the other team in a level 3 division.

There are 3 memories that really stick out for me:

1. A few years ago I was on a Junior 3 team that was undefeated all season with one competition left, nationals. We competed and after day 1 we were in second due to some pyramid difficulty and we knew we would have to hit perfectly day 2 to win, we decided that no matter what, we were gonna cheer for ourselves so loud on the floor because we knew it was going to be our last performance together and we had a great season. We get on the floor and a stunt dropped, but we still cheered for each other. Backstage after we competed, we saw the first place team, and asked them how they did and they said perfect, that they hit everything. At that moment, my entire team knew that our undefeated season had come to an end. At awards, our team and the other team were standing in our huddle before they announced first and our entire team was hugging each other and saying things like, "second is great!" and "we've had such a good season, one second place is okay" but we knew we really wanted to win. They announced second place as the other team, and then right after that said we came in first. My entire team was bawling and after we got off the stage we all ran to our coaches and told them how we did and they were so shocked and happy for us, for sure my favourite cheer moment

2. The same season as the story above, we were at provincials and one team from another gym was having music troubles, so they were kind of just sitting there waiting for their music to work. As this was happening, my entire team started doing their gym cheer and eventually the entire audience joined in. After one of the parents from the team that we were cheering for came up to a couple of my friends and said that us cheering was the single most sportsman-like thing she has ever seen at a competition, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

3. This season my team went to our first competition really unsure of how we were going to do, and we were all really nervous, so we all wrote "I won't let you down" in between our thumb and pointer finger on our teammates hands, and we ended up pulling through our routine and hitting it almost perfect

watching bangkok at worlds 09 is one of my favorite memories and its the one i always tell. I remember i was walking up the steps in the arena and i just hear the crowd go crazy so i turn around and start watching them and I was just in awe at how good they were. Seriously the crowd was going soo nuts! I got the chills. It was great to see everyone supporting. Also at Americheer I remember before we walked out on the floor I saw every single team there cheering us on because of the tragedy. My whole team started bawling before we went on the floor. Its just crazy to know how much support cheerleaders can have for eachother when we all come together.:)

watching bangkok at worlds 09 is one of my favorite memories and its the one i always tell. I remember i was walking up the steps in the arena and i just hear the crowd go crazy so i turn around and start watching them and I was just in awe at how good they were. Seriously the crowd was going soo nuts! I got the chills. It was great to see everyone supporting. Also at Americheer I remember before we walked out on the floor I saw every single team there cheering us on because of the tragedy. My whole team started bawling before we went on the floor. Its just crazy to know how much support cheerleaders can have for eachother when we all come together.:)

My best friend & I were in the stands just bawling our eyes out when you guys stepped on the floor. I looked around the arena, not a single person was in their seat or had a dry eye. It was just amazing to see the camaraderie that the cheerleading community has.

Back