All-Star Most Touching Cheer Moments...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The truly touching things happen in the back, in my experience. There are fortunately SO MANY ... I do love this sport in so many ways. I'll tell you briefly of one ... I was in the back with the coaches and athletes on Twisters' "Eye of the Storm (EOTS)" getting ready to go to warm-ups and behind them was another of our teams waiting to warm up, too. That team was playing "Little Sally Walker," trying to stay loose. A few minutes into the game, they surrounded EOTS and had them join in. The EOTS athletes were THRILLED and before you knew it, two other clubs had joined them all! Afterward, one of the parents came up to me with tears in his eyes and said, "That's the best thing I've ever seen. I have never seen [his daughter on EOTS] laugh and dance that much! God Bless You!" I had NOTHING to do with getting it started ... but I'll never forget it!

As a coach - ANY moment when a kid gets a new skill. I think I honestly get more excited for when someone on Senior 1 or 2 gets their BHS for the first time vs. a kid gets their double full or something - But nonetheless, any new skills just makes me feel warm in side!

At prelims at NCA college nationals, this one team was completely busting all over the mat. They couldnt get anything in the air and their pyramid ended up in half the team on the floor. It looked like they were ready to just call it quits mid routine, but everyone in the convention center was cheering for them to keep going and yelling for them.

Last year i went to worlds with our special needs team American Elite American Idols and It was just the best! We had mprre people cheeering for us then Top Gun it was just great! Thanks to everyone who supported us! :D

As an athlete to always struggled with tumbling, I love watching older, generally non tumbling girls finally getting that elusive back handspring for the 1st time. I battled with it for years and just to see how happy it makes a girl who has been in classes and privates for years FINALLY have her work pay off is so awesome.

Also, anytime an athlete is injured and on the mat after the routine is over, having their team mates run over to them or help carry them off the mat always touches me.

Also, anytime an entire team from a different gym is in priority for a team. Maybe they met in warm ups a few competitions back, but I love seeing them standing up and cheering on a totally different team from half way across the country.

And at Worlds before a team goes on, and literally the ENTIRE Milkhouse is chanting with their fans and doing their hand sign.

My warm and fuzzy cheer memory was a few years ago..I honestly cannot remember which competition it was at I think either Return to Atlantis or American Cheer Power. Anyways, I was just sitting in the audience with teammates/friends and watching the competition and after this one team (can't remember even a gym name) finished performing and were walking off the floor then the announcer called back a little girl onto the floor, she was probably around 9-10ish or younger. So the little girl went back out onto the floor and stood there facing the audience. Next thing you know a man in an Army uniform came out from the warmup area and out of the curtains..he came out onto the floor and picked her up!!! Then her family came down with a huge American flag and put it around the dad and they played Proud to be an American. I remember bawling my eyes out it was the cutest thing I had ever seen! Her dad had been gone a little over a year, I think almost 2. I have family and now my boyfriend in the military so this definitely hits pretty close to home for me..and I thought it was so wonderful for both the cheer team and competition company to make this unforgettable memory special for the girl and her family!! :)

This happened at the Pop Warner Nationals this year as well! For a girl from Billerica, MA. Such a tear jerker and a very happy moment!

i also jr.demo for a popwarner team and a couple of years ago they broke our towns history and were the first team to make it to disney. It was so touching to see a cinderella team evolve throughout the season and finally leave popwarner, having competed at the milkhouse. Of course, all the special needs teams are touching as well. It makes me so happy to see the sport of cheerleading make people so happy.

Awww i love threads like this one... very emotional and shows us about true cheerleading sportmanship. Cheerleading is not famous where i came from and they only see it as portrayed in films (cocky, b*tchy, etc).
Thanks for sharing!!

Senior Elite's Performance on day 2 of Worlds. I was bawling my eyes out. And when I watched the video of them winning I cried even more. I seriously think that was the hardest I have ever cried in my life. Just knowing that my heroes finally won their battle was such an amazing and emotional feeling :).

MsTeal, THIS is exactly what I was talking about. It doesn't get much warmer or fuzzier than that. <3
With Christmas fast approaching, I just wanted to know what is your warmest, fuzziest cheer moment.
Here's mine :)
At Worlds last year, it was my daughter's first year on WCSS. All the teams were wonderful to each other. I saw no mean spiritedness. Day two, the winners were announced and SS had taken silver. I was so proud of them, but I knew there was going to be some disappointment. I waited outside the Milk House and when the SS came out, a huge crowd had gathered and were cheering, "World Cup!" and throwing up the sign. My daughter turned around and one boy from Peru said, "You are NUMBER ONE!" with a very thick accent. My daughter turned to him and said, Thank you...but we lost. He then looked right into her eyes and pointed to his heart. He said, "Here, to me, you are number one." Needless to say my daughter hugged him and we all dissolved into tears, but not because we didn't take first. It was how supportive the whole community was. What a class act the world cheerleading family is! I know there is often drama, but the good always outweighs the bad for me.

YES... now this is what the sport is about, SU-pport. Being on SS for three years, (before your daughter), Ive had quite a few experiences like this. You can always count on the fans, peers, and community to hold you up when youve been hit hard! Glad your situation raised your spirits, it makes me happy to see this continue. WC is always in my <3

the day of the accident with Midwest when we were at Americheer ...having girls offer to compete with us as fill ins for the injured girls despite the fact that they were from other gyms....just brings tears to my eyes. to have kids show that they are willing to support others regardless of what there gym allegiance was and stand together as one....just very touching to me and made me so proud of the all star community. second note also to sharkdad who made such a wonderful presentation at WSF of his flight for Midwest on wear blue day. thanks again, sharkdad!

I think that we truly are the friendliest sport in the world, so any moment that reminds me of that is defo the best.

For me it was last year at nationals, my knee popped out the day before, and I pulled ligaments all over the shop. Not only were the girls in my team who I had never talked to, hugging me and wiping my tears before we went on the main stage, but as soon as I got off, girls from the teams around gave me exactly the same support.

After I went home early, my cousin called me up at night, and told me we'd won freaking nationals, my family all went mental, even if cheer means nothing to them <3

Back