All-Star My Nca Rant!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The more I read this, the more angry I get....maybe it's been a long day already. I don't care if you are for Grandma Ruth's Allstars or World Champion x10 Allstars...it is extremely rude, and I thought it was common courtesy (common sense for that matter) to not be standing in front of people in the bleachers/stands/chairs/whatever. That's even worse than people walking in front. Ahhhhh. I dare someone to stand in front of me when I'm at Worlds. It won't end well for you.

omg...my grandmothers name is Ruth...made me lol because she HATED cheerleaders

I'm going to withdraw from this conversation now. This was an exchange that happened with me and a stranger, it is not representative of my gym and people are starting to get a little to general and it is sliding downhill fast. I have never asked someone in front of me to sit down when it was their gym's team and I would never stay standing if someone behind me had an issue that prevented them from standing or if they were elderly or their kid was on stage. This person had nothing going on to prevent her from standing and in NO WAY did she have the right to put her hands on me. That in itself goes beyond any kind of "rudeness" I displayed by not sitting. In fact I believe she targeted me directly because I was the smallest person in the group, because I had a cheer bow in my hair (don't ask...superstitions run deep at SOT) she probably thought I was a kid. Next to me was a cheer dad that looks like he stepped out of Jersey Shore, she didn't yank on his shirt...or any of the other 7 people standing with me.
Listen if she had walked the 3 stairs down to me and said "Hey we really want to see Spirit perform and I know your with the gym, could y'all squish down or sit so we can see I'd appreciate it." I probably would have, but she didn't.

Sorry, but if I had paid all that money to go down to Dallas, pay for a hotel, and pay for a comp. entrance fee- you better believe I would be angry if the people in front of me were standing. Then again, you wouldn't have been standing for too long...I'm 5'0 and not playin around.

Omni Hotel: If you are going to be a host hotel, please staff accordingly. Don't use the excuse that you are processing so many check-ins that housekeeping can't make rooms available on time. Especially not for over $200 a night. You have the reservations, you know the rooms will be used, it should be no surprise ppl are coming.

We had absolutely no problem with anything at all there this weekend. They brought us milk and cookies to our door. Cleaned our room early so it was done in time for my nap between our morning teams and my 3:00 check in. Recommended an amazing restaurant and got us in without having to wait the 45 minute estimated wait. Absolutely LOVED this hotel. Already booked for next year!

I'm going to withdraw from this conversation now. This was an exchange that happened with me and a stranger, it is not representative of my gym and people are starting to get a little to general and it is sliding downhill fast. I have never asked someone in front of me to sit down when it was their gym's team and I would never stay standing if someone behind me had an issue that prevented them from standing or if they were elderly or their kid was on stage. This person had nothing going on to prevent her from standing and in NO WAY did she have the right to put her hands on me. That in itself goes beyond any kind of "rudeness" I displayed by not sitting. In fact I believe she targeted me directly because I was the smallest person in the group, because I had a cheer bow in my hair (don't ask...superstitions run deep at SOT) she probably thought I was a kid. Next to me was a cheer dad that looks like he stepped out of Jersey Shore, she didn't yank on his shirt...or any of the other 7 people standing with me.
Listen if she had walked the 3 stairs down to me and said "Hey we really want to see Spirit perform and I know your with the gym, could y'all squish down or sit so we can see I'd appreciate it." I probably would have, but she didn't.
I just do not understand your thinking it is ok to FORCE EVERYONE behind you to stand because you are standing...NCA and Worlds are usually the only two venues that do not have a place for you to stand for YOUR team....it is common courtesy to not stand at an event like this be it the movies....a broadway play...church etc....I just don't get it?...IMO it is not very nice.
It sounds like you have a problem with a certain gym and not the standing thing..IMO

Oh my goodness...I wish I would have seen you...I was walking around with mamarazzi on a stick taking fierce board sightings with her...hahahah...thank you for the nice words...we try to be respectful and kind and do unto others...:) It was an amazing weekend...both my babies won....I am blessed beyond worth!!!!! Next time....come get in my face and yell OMG...then I could get a "fierce" hug...:)
Haha absolutely! :) And congrats to both of them! They definitely deserved it!

Understand the whole 'touching' issue and also the courtesy with which you were asked. We had a cheer mom from another team stick her hand in the face of one member of our group. She came into the aisle on the pretense of talking to a friend and then sat ON TOP of the purse of one member of our group who had the audacity to actually leave to use the facilities and get something to eat. No joke, sat right on it - and she was no small lady. Neither was the purse - there is no way she missed it.

She was politely told they would be back shortly and she could sit for a moment but would have to move when the people returned from getting something to eat. When it was time to move she literally went OFF on one member of our group, sticking her hand in her face. (The "talk to the hand" move). Big mistake. Big, BIG mistake. She picked the wrong woman to confront. And then she dragged my friend's daughter into the fracas - the girl whose seat she tried to steal. And she is just as good as dishing it back as her mom is. LOL. The 'lady' moved.

I just do not understand your thinking it is ok to FORCE EVERYONE behind you to stand because you are standing...NCA and Worlds are usually the only two venues that do not have a place for you to stand for YOUR team....it is common courtesy to not stand at an event like this be it the movies....a broadway play...church etc....I just don't get it?...IMO it is not very nice.
It sounds like you have a problem with a certain gym and not the standing thing..IMO

I don't think any of us are going to understand. What done is done....if she withdrew from the conversation, its probably best that its dropped and not egged on for the sake of understanding...

lovecheering said:
A mom of ours sat on a chair and accidently sat on the end of the another ladies purse shoulder straps. She was yelled at that her "fat a$$" was on her purse to to "move it". Geezzz ..... this poor mom spent the rest of the weekend looking in the mirror thinking ... "is my butt really that big?"

LmAo!!!!!

Well if we are going to list those types of grievences the list could get really long! :mad: just kidding sorta!
Bahah, I know, I shouldn't have opened the can of worms. I just rewatched the video and may have gotten a little bitter :rolleyes:

Hmm...I was at a local competition and a gym (parents & cheerleaders) I have always been very fond of behaved so poorly, I don't think I will ever be able to see them the same way again. All of their teams came to this competition and they really felt they were entitled to stand and sit in front of whoever they want, save rows and rows of bleachers for ummm not really sure???? Cheerleaders were expected to enter and exit through a certain door. Some cheerleaders brazenly said to the doorman at the spectator entrance "What are you going to do about it?" and marched themselves in through the wrong door. This is a gym that I could have considered but would never consider them after the behavior of these athletes and their parents. After one of those cheerleaders marched herself in through the wrong door she walked over to where her parents were sitting and told them what happened and her parents and the gym people around them laughed like it was the most hysterical thing that ever happened. I was appalled.

I guess the moral of this story is be careful what your selfish behavior signals to those around you. One trashy parent or cheerleader can really influence how others feel about your gym. You could be missing out on a Whitney Love or Maddie Gardner because her mommy and daddy thought your team behavior was atrocious!n Just sayin'

Ps. My daughter is not a Whitney nor a Maddie...LOL

Back