All-Star My Nca Rant!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am SO SURE I saw you this weekend! I was sitting in my group of friends and I just blurted loudly "OMG, There is lakerfantlc"! And they looked at me like I was crazy! Also, I just wanted to say I had the opportunity to meet A TON of Cali parents, athletes, and even coaches in the underground room, and they were SOO kind and fun to be around!
Good to hear. We always assume our kids are being well behaved when we aren't there so happy to know.

mine isnt really about just nca ...i wish there were more guidelines on the scoring system for special needs division. and i wish they special needs kids all still got a medal or a small trophy even if they didnt win.
I was a little surprised to see they were posting scores. I wondered what the judging criteria was. One of the most entertaining teams didn't seem to score as well as I would have thought. Really impressed with programs that provide an environment for special needs kids to excel. I love watching them and am amazed by how well they all perform in that intimidating environment.

I was a little surprised to see they were posting scores. I wondered what the judging criteria was. One of the most entertaining teams didn't seem to score as well as I would have thought. Really impressed with programs that provide an environment for special needs kids to excel. I love watching them and am amazed by how well they all perform in that intimidating environment.

i just love watching this division!!! and i was blessed to get to work with them this season. cant wait for the next season!!!

mine isnt really about just nca ...i wish there were more guidelines on the scoring system for special needs division. and i wish they special needs kids all still got a medal or a small trophy even if they didnt win.

There are more guidelines than every before. Teams are specifically required to use level three rules (modified by eliminating baskets) and have directions on helpers as well.

As to the medals/trophys, the vast majority of the specials needs coaches and parents (and many athletes) are fine with the opportunity to compete. THAT is their reward.

Please see my post above for a few more details.

Since we started the special needs division in 2001, we've worked hard to have them competing on as close to the same basis as all the "regular" teams over the years. Fortunately, NCA and Cheersport agree. Although they do it a little differently, it gives the teams a chance to compete on the same stage as their teammates on all the other teams.

We just need to keep spreading the word that competing, getting scored and winning/losing is perfectly fine.

There are more guidelines than every before. Teams are specifically required to use level three rules (modified by eliminating baskets) and have directions on helpers as well.

As to the medals/trophys, the vast majority of the specials needs coaches and parents (and many athletes) are fine with the opportunity to compete. THAT is their reward.

o yes i agree!! its just a blessing to have them compete. just hadnt ever been on the awards floor and see some of our athletes upset b4. it just tore me up. ya we knew about the level3 guidelines. but after reading our score sheets we started to understand more than we knew going into the season. now we know a little more on what to focus on :)

I think it's extremely rude to stand up in front of other spectators I don't care if your cp is going or not! It's great to stand up as they are coming on but it's common courtesy to allow everyone to enjoy the routine. I watch my cp from my seat and Its not a problem. I would never want other gyms to think we didn't care about them and they paid to see the routine just like you.

---
I am here: Google Maps

I'm not a big fan of seat saving, but at NCA in the arena, a group of 5-6 Cp's looked around doe eyed and ask if someone could watch their seats while they went to awards?? I wished them good luck and happily agreed. They left their backpacks and coats and ran down to the awards. A few fans (nice term) came over n tried to just move the kids things and sit down. I told one of them who actually made eye contact as she was trying to move a backpack -- That there were kids sitting there and that was there stuff! She told me there was no seat saving and put it back, and stood in the aisle for about 15 minutes until someone nearby moved.
After awards when the happy kids returned and yes, they thanked me! The fan (nice term) said, 'oh if i had known they were with my team....'
As if that would have made a difference..... smh

But why can't people stand up also? So I have to sit and not watch my cp's coach perform because someone else wants to watch? So I don't get to watch but the person behind me does??
Maybe if the lady was nice about it I would have moved but there is NO WAY the other people I was with were going to sit down so all that would of happened is me not being able to see and wanting to throw someone down the stairs. Also she was the only person behind us complaining, everyone else just stood up with us and cheered.
I get really frustrated with cheer moms that show up to NCA with their Kindle/Ipad/laptop and sit in the arena all day complaining about people standing because they either A. don't care enough about the sport to support all the teams or B. their just lazy and want everyone to cater to them.
Wow...it sounds very selfish that you feel you are the only one entitled to see your cp's coach performance. Everyone else paid to see every team they is performing. In the arena, no matter where you are seated, you are able to see the team performing. That means both you are the people sitting behind you can see!

People standing and cheering at a sporting event? That's terrible!! Next year I want there to be no cheering either, I paid my $20 entry fee for two days, my flight, and my hotel and I WILL HEAR THE MUSIC without you people cheering. So disrespectful.
Just ban all parents from cheer competitions...problem solved. :rolleyes:

People standing and cheering at a sporting event? That's terrible!! Next year I want there to be no cheering either, I paid my $20 entry fee for two days, my flight, and my hotel and I WILL HEAR THE MUSIC without you people cheering. So disrespectful.
Ok, I can obviously hear the sarcastic tone in this :) Cheer competitions are ALL DAY. Many people can't stand all day physically. Athletes should't worry about standing all say when they have to perform later. Also as other people said earlier in this thread they wouldn't be able to see even if they did stand due to their height. People can cheer from their seats during the performance, and then stand and go crazy all they want before and after.

(1)Ok, I can obviously hear the sarcastic tone in this :)(2)Cheer competitions are ALL DAY. Many people can't stand all day physically. Athletes should't worry about standing all say when they have to perform later. (3)Also as other people said earlier in this thread they wouldn't be able to see even if they did stand due to their height. (4)People can cheer from their seats during the performance, and then stand and go crazy all they want before and after.
1) ...and people say you can't tell sarcasm over the internet.
2) They are all day, true. However, it is a transient crowd and most will only stand for a select few performances.
3) It's all relative, a tall person sitting down still blocks a view of a short person sitting down.
4) True

My thoughts. The person who started this debate is from SOT. They had 7 or 8 teams at NCA. competitionThey had maybe 3 level 5 teams that competed in the arena. That equaled a mere 15 minutes out of the approximately 24ish hours of competition. IMO hardly a reason for people to be in such outrage.

My thoughts. The person who started this debate is from SOT. They had 7 or 8 teams at NCA. competitionThey had maybe 3 level 5 teams that competed in the arena. That equaled a mere 15 minutes out of the approximately 24ish hours of competition. IMO hardly a reason for people to be in such outrage.

The point is that if every team had this requirement, the arena would have to stand the entire time.

Now, I love to stand and cheer at competitions. That's why I love Cheersport because I want to be right down in front.

But NCA doesn't have that ability. So the people in the stands have to be conscious of everyone around them. Stand up before and after a perfomance and that's fine. During is not.

Back