All-Star Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hard rock only does pins now ? That's disappointing. I went in 2011 and 2012 and they had an entire line of clothes just for cheersport.
I'm not sure. I only ever see the ad for the pins. We haven't gone, even though every year I say I want to go get one.

I think @DropAndRun has a kid on one of those teams (Crush maybe?) She may know what the logic is?

Yes, Droplet is on Crush. We are going.. the decision was made by the coaching staff to take a modified team to Dallas while we were competing in Indy.

As to crossovers- I really prefer only to speak directly for my kid but I can assure you that we are using crossovers legally in accordance with NCA rules.

I am excited for Drop to go. She hasn’t been since she was on ICEs Y3. That seems like it was about 10 years ago!!

Yes, Droplet is on Crush. We are going.. the decision was made by the coaching staff to take a modified team to Dallas while we were competing in Indy.

As to crossovers- I really prefer only to speak directly for my kid but I can assure you that we are using crossovers legally in accordance with NCA rules.

I am excited for Drop to go. She hasn’t been since she was on ICEs Y3. That seems like it was about 10 years ago!!

I figured it was legal. I just hadn't been keeping up with NCA crossover rules (I hadn't been in a while). Good luck to your droplet! I'm sure she'll do well!

Can somebody clarify the NCA summit bid declaration for me? It says every division champion is guaranteed at least an at large. What if they have a wildcard? To me the way it reads it seems they get an at large then. But I know wildcard you cant usually upgrade to at large. Am I not reading it correctly or is NCA just doing it differently?

Can somebody clarify the NCA summit bid declaration for me? It says every division champion is guaranteed at least an at large. What if they have a wildcard? To me the way it reads it seems they get an at large then. But I know wildcard you cant usually upgrade to at large. Am I not reading it correctly or is NCA just doing it differently?
If the division champion has any type of bid already they don't get the at large. So if the team that wins has a wildcard they will be in the running for one of the paid bids and the at large goes away.

If the division champion has any type of bid already they don't get the at large. So if the team that wins has a wildcard they will be in the running for one of the paid bids and the at large goes away.
Ok thanks. It says "guaranteed at least an at large" so to me it's not exactly clear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't think wild card can upgrade unless they earned a paid bid.
Right that's usually the way it works, but the wording makes it unclear IMO. It doesn't say you have to be "bid eligible" like all the others say (meaning you dont already have one) It says all champions in each eligible division are guaranteed at least an at large. Maybe I'm just thinking about the words too much
4b914a1484fe095caa2ca930cf33ae95.jpg

Ok thanks. It says "guaranteed at least an at large" so to me it's not exactly clear.

That threw me off a little, too. Probably not the case, but I could see an exception being made for this comp, but that would potentially be a ton of teams getting an at-large! Not the same thing since Worlds doesn't have wildcards, but it also says for Worlds that every division is guaranteed an at-large and there is one division where every team has a paid, so they obviously won't get one lol.

Back