All-Star Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're supposed to fill out an exemption form. Though to be honest, I never did that last year or know how that works for gyms that are in the area.
The exemption forms allow for using points, or staying with relatives if I remember correctly And for f you live within a certain amount of miles. . But you are also allowed to put quite a few to a room. If I had to guess, I’d say people who are staying @ an approved property fill their room roster with as many kids as are allowed. There are likely to be a few who have extra spots in their rooms, which would let others just go elsewhere. Connections can tell you where the kids have to stay only if you think about it.

That being said, there are tons of properties quite a distance away, so places you think aren’t approved could be.

Alright, it's officially NCA week!!
142 Worlds teams
6 International teams (so therefore ineligible for any bid)
64 teams have a paid bid
48 teams have an at-large
24 teams with no bid going for 18 at-larges
and 72 teams going for 9 paids

Lower odds of getting a bid than the last few years have been.

Question about Sunday. I know that the performance order is based on placement from Saturday. The time ranges have the start and end time and then the awards begin. The end times and awards begin are the same. Do they really start them as soon as it's over?

Question about Sunday. I know that the performance order is based on placement from Saturday. The time ranges have the start and end time and then the awards begin. The end times and awards begin are the same. Do they really start them as soon as it's over?

Yes, they really do. The teams in the division go back on the floor and sit down like they do for any awards and awards start pretty quickly after.

Huh. Interesting.
That is one of the many things I love about NCA...awards are very efficient! I hate award ceremonies that feature the kids dancing around, the throwing of cheap sunglasses and other crap for the kids to catch, all that ridiculousness. We’re all there for one thing, to see who won. Kids circle up, they all leave as they are called until only the top 2 are on stage. It’s perfect.

Yes, they go right into awards; it was in a separate hall last year from where they competed.

Yes, they go right into awards; it was in a separate hall last year from where they competed.
Last year mine was in the same hall where we competed. We were the last team before awards and we went and watched our video after then walked around back to line up for awards. Not sure if it's different depending on where and when you're competing.

That is one of the many things I love about NCA...awards are very efficient! I hate award ceremonies that feature the kids dancing around, the throwing of cheap sunglasses and other crap for the kids to catch, all that ridiculousness. We’re all there for one thing, to see who won. Kids circle up, they all leave as they are called until only the top 2 are on stage. It’s perfect.

From a coaching standpoint, a lot of the smaller/midsized regionals I take my HS kids to do a lot of this and I'm always DYING because:

1. I want to get the results.
2. It is forever:00 PM and I need to start trying to get home.

I do not need to watch my kids cha cha slide walk it out juju on the beat whip nay nay for a full 15-20 minutes.

Also can we cut the parent spirit/grandma spirit/staff spirit/pet spirit contest winner reveals a little short please?

Also they have cheering since first grade, they've seen Jammy. They're in high school, they do not want free buttons. They just want to go home.

To all those travelling to Dallas, you might want to come via boat, or bring one with you lol.

To all those travelling to Dallas, you might want to come via boat, or bring one with you lol.

Is it seriously 37 in Dallas right now? We Floridians are done with winter. :) Atlanta was warm and sunny, too. Looks like we need to pack long sleeves and a coat, too.

Back