All-Star New Cheer Athletics Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think KC would be a good area. Lots of suburbs, decent sized cheer market, and, being close to Lawrence, they could potentially pull athletes from KU to start international teams. KC is also a doable driving distance from Dallas so it might be a bit easier for coaches/owners to travel to and instill the brand. Low key just hoping they come to this area so I can try and get this wine team formed
I totally agree from the pulling from KU thing, however, I do not think the KC could handle another cheer gym. Gyms have tried and unfortunately had to close such as AACS, Diamond cheer, and kgdc cheer. Though this is a big area I just feel like competitive cheer is not as big enough here yet to a point of the CA location crushing all current gyms. KC cheer is very successful and KCAC has improved so much and their small senior level five team is amazing this year. It will be interesting to see where the future expansions will be! Side note: KU really needs an all girl team smh...

The director choice is, obviously, awesome, but what is the CA coach selection criteria? Worried a bit.
We have had a very large number of coaches submit resumes specifically for our Ohio location. We are interviewing several potential candidates in the next couple of weeks. We will look specifically for the best staff that can teach in the "CA Way".

We will also have all of the staff come to Texas for short but intensive multi-day training session before the first team practice.

Last edited:
I totally agree from the pulling from KU thing, however, I do not think the KC could handle another cheer gym. Gyms have tried and unfortunately had to close such as AACS, Diamond cheer, and kgdc cheer. Though this is a big area I just feel like competitive cheer is not as big enough here yet to a point of the CA location crushing all current gyms. KC cheer is very successful and KCAC has improved so much and their small senior level five team is amazing this year. It will be interesting to see where the future expansions will be! Side note: KU really needs an all girl team smh...
Those gyms you named are still open, Diamond just doesn't have a cheer program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It really isn't our goal or desire to "crush all current gyms" in an area. Under our current business model, our potential cities are generally going to big enough to handle multiple strong, healthy gyms/programs.

It's very unfortunate to see the negative effects cheer athletics is already having in the Columbus area. We were all hoping for a class act but it has been negative since the start of their hiring process. It's not fair to the athletes in this area to already know that their coaches are considering leaving them before the summit and worlds. It would have been much more professional if Cheer Athletics would have delayed this process until after these competitions took place.

From a business perspective, waiting until after Worlds/Summit to announce a new location is too late. Most gyms have tryouts the very next weekend; some have registration before Worlds and I have read of some gyms already having tryouts (not necessarily in Columbus). I understand the negative effect the announcement may have on area gyms, but not having an off season requires gyms to make these announcements in March/April.

It's very unfortunate to see the negative effects cheer athletics is already having in the Columbus area. We were all hoping for a class act but it has been negative since the start of their hiring process. It's not fair to the athletes in this area to already know that their coaches are considering leaving them before the summit and worlds. It would have been much more professional if Cheer Athletics would have delayed this process until after these competitions took place.
Seems like an odd post since according to your twitter you applied for a job there!

The coaches shouldn't be running their mouths about interviewing with Cheer Athletics. That's on them, not CA. They don't need to tell their teams that they're applying, only if they decide to take the job and they can wait till after the comps to do that. You can't really expect Cheer Athletics to wait to start looking for coaches until after worlds and the summit, that gives them maybe 2 weeks between starting the process and having tryouts... Not really enough time to hire and train their coaches.

The coaches shouldn't be running their mouths about interviewing with Cheer Athletics. That's on them, not CA. They don't need to tell their teams that they're applying, only if they decide to take the job and they can wait till after the comps to do that. You can't really expect Cheer Athletics to wait to start looking for coaches until after worlds and the summit, that gives them maybe 2 weeks between starting the process and having tryouts... Not really enough time to hire and train their coaches.
I don't know a single coach that has said from their own mouths they are leaving to coach at cheer athletics. It's nothing but rumors at this point speaking only for my cps gym. There have been some very negative things happen this week but it in no way has to do with cheer athletics. It has to do with selfish people who's pride is more important than kids.

From a business perspective, waiting until after Worlds/Summit to announce a new location is too late. Most gyms have tryouts the very next weekend; some have registration before Worlds and I have read of some gyms already having tryouts (not necessarily in Columbus). I understand the negative effect the announcement may have on area gyms, but not having an off season requires gyms to make these announcements in March/April.
True I can agree with you on this. I just feel bad for the kids that love their coach and now will have to choose between their coaches and their gym. Cheer athletics has an amazing amount of talent that they can pull from for their coaching staff. It's hard to believe that they need to pull from local gyms rather than bring their own talent. With that they would have plenty of time to train coaches the "CA Way" and not disrupt the local gyms. And yes sure some of it may all be talk but they could have at least pushed back the interviews.

Seems like an odd post since according to your twitter you applied for a job there!
I applied for an admin position and got turned down for a coaching position lol but that was all out of fun I love my job so that's completely besides the point, Besides to only point out the unprofessionalism of how unorganized their hiring process has became

this right here is #hownottogetajob101

ETA: I just scanned your twitter @OakleyXO89 - just a word of advice if you want to work anywhere, even McDonalds - don't put that crap on social media. Yikes

True I can agree with you on this. I just feel bad for the kids that love their coach and now will have to choose between their coaches and their gym. Cheer athletics has an amazing amount of talent that they can pull from for their coaching staff. It's hard to believe that they need to pull from local gyms rather than bring their own talent. With that they would have plenty of time to train coaches the "CA Way" and not disrupt the local gyms. And yes sure some of it may all be talk but they could have at least pushed back the interviews.
My cp is one of the kids who lost both their coaches this week bc of issues in the gym. It had nothing to do with cheer athletics and neither coach EVER said anything about leaving to coach there. Cps two coaches would never leave those kids before summit Or worlds if they weren't forced too. It is a terrible sad situation. Unless you know the whole true story I wouldn't say anything about it.

Back