All-Star New Cheer Athletics Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp is one of the kids who lost both their coaches this week bc of issues in the gym. It had nothing to do with cheer athletics and neither coach EVER said anything about leaving to coach there. Cps two coaches would never leave those kids before summit Or worlds if they weren't forced too. It is a terrible sad situation. Unless you know the whole true story I wouldn't say anything about it.
This isn't about Matrix they have their own drama going on that I wouldn't want to be apart of for anything. That's an even sadder situation.

True I can agree with you on this. I just feel bad for the kids that love their coach and now will have to choose between their coaches and their gym. Cheer athletics has an amazing amount of talent that they can pull from for their coaching staff. It's hard to believe that they need to pull from local gyms rather than bring their own talent. With that they would have plenty of time to train coaches the "CA Way" and not disrupt the local gyms. And yes sure some of it may all be talk but they could have at least pushed back the interviews.

For CA to pull from their own coaches, they would have to have multiple coaches willing to move across country. Also if the coaches are willing to interview and move, they are obviously being offered something from CA that they are not receiving from their current gyms. Coaches leaving happens all of the time. Sometimes because they are done coaching, sometimes for a big gym, sometimes not... this is not a matter of CA doing anything unprofessional. This is nature of cheer as a business.

I don't know of many gyms at all except for very small ones, that the kids are guaranteed the same coaches throughout their entire cheer life. They may have to deal with new coaches at their current gym for completely different reasons. Yep it sucks if there is a close bond but that isn't because CA is doing something "wrong" or unprofessional.

I totally agree from the pulling from KU thing, however, I do not think the KC could handle another cheer gym. Gyms have tried and unfortunately had to close such as AACS, Diamond cheer, and kgdc cheer. Though this is a big area I just feel like competitive cheer is not as big enough here yet to a point of the CA location crushing all current gyms. KC cheer is very successful and KCAC has improved so much and their small senior level five team is amazing this year. It will be interesting to see where the future expansions will be! Side note: KU really needs an all girl team smh...
AACS and KGDC have been competing all season. KGDC competes under 360 All-Stars and they are a decent sized program.

It's very unfortunate to see the negative effects cheer athletics is already having in the Columbus area. We were all hoping for a class act but it has been negative since the start of their hiring process. It's not fair to the athletes in this area to already know that their coaches are considering leaving them before the summit and worlds. It would have been much more professional if Cheer Athletics would have delayed this process until after these competitions took place.

I would equate this to a football coach who is looking to coach at other schools before the current season has ended. It happens all the time. Sometimes a coach sees a better opportunity before they season has ended, puts in for it, but still is there and fully committed to his current team. It happened during my son's senior year but it didn't affect anything but people's ability to run their mouths with rumors and opinions. (not saying that's what's happening on Ohio)

For CA to pull from their own coaches, they would have to have multiple coaches willing to move across country. Also if the coaches are willing to interview and move, they are obviously being offered something from CA that they are not receiving from their current gyms. Coaches leaving happens all of the time. Sometimes because they are done coaching, sometimes for a big gym, sometimes not... this is not a matter of CA doing anything unprofessional. This is nature of cheer as a business.

I don't know of many gyms at all except for very small ones, that the kids are guaranteed the same coaches throughout their entire cheer life. They may have to deal with new coaches at their current gym for completely different reasons. Yep it sucks if there is a close bond but that isn't because CA is doing something "wrong" or unprofessional.

It's business courtesy. If you are going to pull from other programs don't pull from them during the season doesn't matter if it's the beginning, middle or end of season. These are all just bs reasons for why it's okay for one program to pull from other programs during their season. They have all their applicants resumes they could weed through the applicants not involved with a current team (most likely former coaches or hs coaches) and then after summit and world's talk to those coaches. They can also use them knowing a coaches interest in CA's favor by seeing how they perform as a coach and role model during these competitions because that could save them some interview time

It's business courtesy. If you are going to pull from other programs don't pull from them during the season doesn't matter if it's the beginning, middle or end of season. These are all just bs reasons for why it's okay for one program to pull from other programs during their season. They have all their applicants resumes they could weed through the applicants not involved with a current team (most likely former coaches or hs coaches) and then after summit and world's talk to those coaches. They can also use them knowing a coaches interest in CA's favor by seeing how they perform as a coach and role model during these competitions because that could save them some interview time

If the coaches are leaving before the last competition, I am wondering why this is CA's duty to make them stay? That is the coach's decision, not CA's. If the coach is staying through the end of year competitions, your whole argument is null and void because it is the coach him/herself that is obviously telling the athlete's. They should be waiting until after the competitions to discuss it with the athletes.

Also you didn't say it is okay after the competition. You are arguing that they shouldn't hire local coaches because some athlete will miss the coach. This happens all of the time.

at the end of the day its a business, people arent forced to be loyal to anything, just like athletes shouldnt be forced to be loyal to a team they started out on. Its a job, and if a bigger and better job comes along, you would be naive to think that someone isnt gonna jump on it regardless of how loyal they were to a previous employer.

i know ive ranted about my actual job on here before, so here is an actual scenario.
i loved my previous job, i loved the people i worked with and i very much enjoyed the management and the way i was treated. But it was mind numbing work, with slim to no chance of advancement and wasnt going to help me in the long run with my career.
So i left because a bigger and better job came along that i knew would help improve my career. Did i have to go through He** and back to improve and enjoy this new job, ABSOLUTELY. But looking back, it has only strengthened my work skills and improved my chances for getting an even better job down the road in the future.

its the nature of having any form of career if you really want to advance in any form. Yes these coaches probably loved their old gym and the kids they coached, but maybe they saw no oppurtunities to advance and grow so they left for one that provides that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice but I have a job so I'm good ;)

For now... until they see you're applying for other jobs and on top of that talking poorly about said company publicly.

My dad has lost a job in the past when his current company found his resume on a hiring site and I've heard of that happening to plenty others. Why would they want to keep you on if they know you're trying to leave?

Did you come on here just to bash CA?

This is one of the unfortunate affects of business expansion. People will see CA as a better opportunity and choose to leave. Chances are, the coaches who are interested in leaving their current program for CA already had a reason to be looking for a different position. People don't just interview for sh*ts and giggles.

And it is the right time. The coaches who will leave their program for CA owe it to their current program to tell them ahead of time. It speaks to the character of the coach if they blab it all over social media and start not caring about their current team.

For now... until they see you're applying for other jobs and on top of that talking poorly about said company publicly.

My dad has lost a job in the past when his current company found his resume on a hiring site and I've heard of that happening to plenty others. Why would they want to keep you on if they know you're trying to leave?
My boss saw the email when I first got it so trust me I'm good. My current job can work around any endeavor I take on :)

If I bashed every company that has sent me a rejection letter, that's literally all my twitter would be.
Same but my twitter post was separate from my post here. My twitter was to share the humor of people's poor email skills, and here the dramatics of a big gyms hiring tactics isnt going to change regardless of me disagreeing

We have had a very large number of coaches submit resumes specifically for our Ohio location. We are interviewing several potential candidates in the next couple of weeks. We will look specifically for the best staff that can teach in the "CA Way".

We will also have all of the staff come to Texas for short but intensive multi-day training session before the first team practice.
Huh. Ok

Same but my twitter post was separate from my post here. My twitter was to share the humor of people's poor email skills, and here the dramatics of a big gyms hiring tactics isnt going to change regardless of me disagreeing
Unfortunately when you link your twitter account to fierce board, we tend to bring things up even if it was only posted on one. I've also received emails from companies with typos, and applied to jobs where even the title was misspelled. Mess ups happen, especially when the company has gotten multiple applications in a short amount of time.

Unfortunately when you link your twitter account to fierce board, we tend to bring things up even if it was only posted on one. I've also received emails from companies with typos, and applied to jobs where even the title was misspelled. Mess ups happen, especially when the company has gotten multiple applications in a short amount of time.
That's fine with me I'm an open book. It's humorous is all because if anyone knows my cheer expierence I could never coach but it's an honor to be considered lol

Back