High School New High School Uniforms 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, I'm coaching at a new school this year as of last week (which I LOVE already :cloud9:) and the AD informed that the cheer team is in the lineup for new uniforms next year (I almost died when he told me the school buys the uniforms - at my old job the team had to fundraise/pay out of pocket)! Should I start thinking of designs/looking into the costs now? When the time comes to meet about the uniforms I would love to be able to have an estimate cost/designs ready for the AD and principle to approve. I definitely do not want to run into the crazy last minute fiasco and not have the uniforms here in time for next years first football game (I'm a planner if you couldn't tell :p) We will most likely use Varsity and I'm very intrigued with the powerfit/motionflex for the team since they have had polly tops/skirts with the flex liner the past 5 or 6 years, I think they would really enjoy a nice, comfortable uniform.

If anyone is feeling bored one day and wants to you know, create a design our letters are MHS and colors are red, black, and white!:rolleyes::cheering:
How exciting! Did you request a Varsity catalog yet? If not you can start looking online!

Are you replacing or adding to the uniform roster? I would look at what they have that is decent and then decide what the main color of the uniform should be.

My girls cheer at MHS also, but our official colors are red and grey. We do have a lot of black and white thrown in there too.

So, I'm coaching at a new school this year as of last week (which I LOVE already :cloud9:) and the AD informed that the cheer team is in the lineup for new uniforms next year (I almost died when he told me the school buys the uniforms - at my old job the team had to fundraise/pay out of pocket)! Should I start thinking of designs/looking into the costs now? When the time comes to meet about the uniforms I would love to be able to have an estimate cost/designs ready for the AD and principle to approve. I definitely do not want to run into the crazy last minute fiasco and not have the uniforms here in time for next years first football game (I'm a planner if you couldn't tell :p) We will most likely use Varsity and I'm very intrigued with the powerfit/motionflex for the team since they have had polly tops/skirts with the flex liner the past 5 or 6 years, I think they would really enjoy a nice, comfortable uniform.

If anyone is feeling bored one day and wants to you know, create a design our letters are MHS and colors are red, black, and white!:rolleyes::cheering:
Are you looking for a custom one? I really like a bunch of the catalog ones this year. The far left and far right uniforms on this page are some of my favorites from the catalog. 2014 Varsity Spirit Fashion Catalog
They're also not super expensive and have lots of options for which colors you want to use most. They should come in powerfit or polyester I think?
I also really like the blue/red/white uniform on the right side of this page. 2014 Varsity Spirit Fashion Catalog

Praise the Cheer Gods, I'm on it!

Fun!! I'm so jealous your school buys the uniforms! Since you're going with varsity go ahead and meet with the rep. You can go into the meeting with some uniforms picked out and she can color them using her program for you to get a mock up idea. Once you decide on one or two you like she can work up a proposal with a pic for you to present to the ad & principal. The visual really helped me nix some designs after they were colored. The order will also already be in the system waiting on sizes, so ordering becomes simple!

Also don't be afraid of the package uniforms! You'll save a lot of money and you can customize them so much you don't even know it's a package. One year I picked out a uniform in the catalog that wasn't cheap. My rep took a package uniform and altered the options to look exactly like the uniform I picked but for a lot less money! You can customize almost everything, which is why I prefer varsity.

Design your own and send it to your rep to get priced :)
Varsity - Style Guide

our tops and bows came in today and I love them a lot. Especially the bows. The only thing I don't like about the random blue fabric on the back (what I eloquently described as the "awkward outside bra thing" earlier in the thread) is that it wraps all the way around our sides to the white stripes on the front and it's not sewn on, so I could see that being a problem when we stunt but it hasn't been so far. For colder games, we'll have a plain navy blue liner underneath.

Last edited:
Here's another picture of the uniform. We're turned to the side, but you can kinda see it and how it looks on different body types. The skirt I'm wearing is the skirt that actually matches. Not all of our skirts are in yert, but some of the returners had skirts from a camp outfit last year, so they're wearing those until we get the rest of them.

1196v50.jpg
personally not a fan
imktnc.jpg

My oldest had a similar one at out old school only in black, orange, white, and silver. Your uniform is much better!

We have braiding all over one of the current uniforms. So very high school.

Why is the skirt so long in the 2nd picture? I'm not a fan either, but I've never been a fan of that type of top with all the lines and v's and such.
Our shells are here but our skirts aren't so ill post when we get them! I'm excited!
Because the athletic director added extra length to all the skirts. Some skirts are too long while others have an ok length. The skirts are very inconsistent in length.

Back