OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
DON'T GO TO THE MALL!
Seriously though, because then you see all these cute summer clothes and think to yourself "Hmm this would be perfect for the cruise!" and then you spend all your cruise money on clothes. You won't have any money to spend on vacation but you will look good.

ETA: Wait...I think I interpenetrated this wrong. Did you mean money saving tips while on the cruise? Or before hand so you have money to spend on the cruise? I have tips for both.

haha I mean like getting good deals so the cruise will be cheaper, like where to book it from. I'm limiting myself to about 1000 dollars budget. I've never been on a cruise, what comes included in it? Like I want to go snorkeling and cool stuff like that too I just have no clue where to start planning!

haha I mean like getting good deals so the cruise will be cheaper, like where to book it from. I'm limiting myself to about 1000 dollars budget. I've never been on a cruise, what comes included in it? Like I want to go snorkeling and cool stuff like that too I just have no clue where to start planning!
Hahaha I was wayyy off.
My parents ways book through a travel agency I believe. We have Triple A (AAA? Not sure how to write it) so I'm pretty sure we get discounts when booking through them. I know we always get some kind of on board credit to use from them, and some nice gifts in our stateroom when we get on (ex fresh fruit basket, cool rice Krispy treats). We always go on Disney Cruises but I'm pretty sure the same things are all included on most cruise lines. What's included in your price is your room, all your food (with some exceptions) access to on board plays/musicals/movies, night clubs, clubs for little kids, some activities (wine tastings and whatnot). You'll have to pay extra for wine & beer packages and other fruity drinks (alcoholic & smoothies) but you get unlimited access to sodas, water, ice tea (on Disney it's self serve on deck 10 or 12(?) depending on the ship lol). Food that's included is all your dinners, self serve ice cream by the pool, pretty much all the food on the decks by the pool. You can also order birthday cakes and stuff but you have to pay for that I believe. Some ships (Disney, I know of) have resteraunts that are adult only, which you have to make reservations for and are adult only.

As for your excursions, like snorkeling, you have I pay for all that. I think our triple A thing got us like some money to spend on it. Excursions can be expense (like swimming with the dolphins, usually like $140-$175 a person!) but a lot are reasonably priced. Some excursions I've done are swimming w/ stingrays (legit in the middle of the ocean), butterfly park tour thing, kayaking in the ocean, and rainforest tour. There are probs other, just can't think of any. You can book those online or when you get on board. It's best to book before hand online so you make sure you have a spot!

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything, but if you have any questions just ask. I've been on seven cruise (going again next summer!) so I'm definitely a seasoned cruiser lol

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL.

Hahaha I was wayyy off.
My parents ways book through a travel agency I believe. We have Triple A (AAA? Not sure how to write it) so I'm pretty sure we get discounts when booking through them. I know we always get some kind of on board credit to use from them, and some nice gifts in our stateroom when we get on (ex fresh fruit basket, cool rice Krispy treats). We always go on Disney Cruises but I'm pretty sure the same things are all included on most cruise lines. What's included in your price is your room, all your food (with some exceptions) access to on board plays/musicals/movies, night clubs, clubs for little kids, some activities (wine tastings and whatnot). You'll have to pay extra for wine & beer packages and other fruity drinks (alcoholic & smoothies) but you get unlimited access to sodas, water, ice tea (on Disney it's self serve on deck 10 or 12(?) depending on the ship lol). Food that's included is all your dinners, self serve ice cream by the pool, pretty much all the food on the decks by the pool. You can also order birthday cakes and stuff but you have to pay for that I believe. Some ships (Disney, I know of) have resteraunts that are adult only, which you have to make reservations for and are adult only.

As for your excursions, like snorkeling, you have I pay for all that. I think our triple A thing got us like some money to spend on it. Excursions can be expense (like swimming with the dolphins, usually like $140-$175 a person!) but a lot are reasonably priced. Some excursions I've done are swimming w/ stingrays (legit in the middle of the ocean), butterfly park tour thing, kayaking in the ocean, and rainforest tour. There are probs other, just can't think of any. You can book those online or when you get on board. It's best to book before hand online so you make sure you have a spot!

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything, but if you have any questions just ask. I've been on seven cruise (going again next summer!) so I'm definitely a seasoned cruiser lol

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL.

Thanks that helps a lot! I'll let you know if I have any other questions haha

I would also make sure you buy the bottomless drink package if you like sodas!
And pack meds just in case. My mom had to buy them on the ship and they were SUPER expensive. So make sure you have a nice supply of tylenol and anti-nausea medication.

i've never booked any of my own cruises (my other family members do that) so i may not be too helpful... but just some tips/things to consider:
-try to find an all inclusive cruise ship. my family normally takes regent cruises (which are very pricey - but we do mediterranean sea trips) and everything is included. we just took disney over new years and everything except alcohol is included which may be no big deal, or if you're in my family, the fastest way to rack up your bill. some of the cheaper carnival/princess cruises don't even include soda/juice so, again, while you may be saving on the initial price tag of the trip, it's a huge added expense.
-look for deals from the cruise line. again regent (sorry i just love them and have the most experience with them) includes airfare/transportation to and from the port. they also offer all excursions for free (like how you want to go snorkeling) excursions can be pricey, which is why it's such a great deal (disney charged us for all excursions). they also have a current promotion of 2-for-1 so two people stay onboard for the price of one. i assume you won't be taking regent if you're going somewhere tropical, but look on some cruise ship sites to see if they offer anything similar.
-if you're not too claustrophobic/need a deck, look into lower level rooms without balconies. my family usually gets the balconies because we panic easily :p but the lower level/middle of the ship rooms are SO much cheaper. and honestly, there's so much to do onboard most ships you'll literally only be in your room to sleep. so save money there if you can.

hope that helps a little!

Speaking of Disney (kinda), I need someone to design our Disney shirts for UCA. I have no idea where to even begin for this. Any recommendations or anyone on the boards that do these kinds of things??

Speaking of Disney (kinda), I need someone to design our Disney shirts for UCA. I have no idea where to even begin for this. Any recommendations or anyone on the boards that do these kinds of things??
These are the ones I did last year for my team, sorry they are huge. Thought they would be smaller when I reszied :/

FRONT:
286wmtk.jpg

*the bow outline ended up being green

BACK:
29ix3s.jpg

These are the ones I did for 2011 nationals:
It was supposed to be black so it was the official mickey colors but we ended up doing gray b/c we already had black. I did another one (same design) but w/ a castle & UCA colors. We didn't use that one, used this one instead.

FRONT:
s-1_zpsf1f5a77f.jpg

BACK:
get-attachmentaspx_zpsabde1144.jpg

I did another one that I don't have a picture of but it was black with zebra letters on the front outlined in lime green and then a green mickey on the back with a saying on it.

If you want to talk about spending your last season of cheer crying I'm your girl haha. Almost every big comp that had meaning to me, I cried getting ready, in the car with my mom on the way there, etc. The last month of cheer I was a train wreck. Let me know if you ever want to talk about it!
I really might take you up on that offer! I've gotten really bad about it! Even last season I would put off taking my bow and makeup and uniform off because I didn't want other to be over and I wasn't even a senior. I can't even imagine how I'm going to be this weekend. Don't be surprised if you get a message from me!

I really might take you up on that offer! I've gotten really bad about it! Even last season I would put off taking my bow and makeup and uniform off because I didn't want other to be over and I wasn't even a senior. I can't even imagine how I'm going to be this weekend. Don't be surprised if you get a message from me!
Don't worry about it! I'm willing to talk whenever! It'd be easiest to get in touch with me during the week this week though.. I'm moving back to school over the weekend so it might be a little hectic to get on here.

Don't worry about it! I'm willing to talk whenever! It'd be easiest to get in touch with me during the week this week though.. I'm moving back to school over the weekend so it might be a little hectic to get on here.
Well I don't know when the waterworks will happen, but when they do you will be hearing from me! Thanks for being there! :)

Just found the account @CatLadyProbz_ on twitter. Thought my fellow cat loving Fierceboarders would like it.

Back