OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yesterday was my fierce board birthday and I didn't even get a chance to look at fierceboard because I stayed at school till 11 for yearbook! So I'm telling you now lol

I swear my mom thinks I'm still in high school. She hates my boyfriend (we've been dating for about 10 months) and idk why! I asked her if me and him, plus my best friend and her boyfriend could go to San Antonio this summer then from there to South Padre to the beach for like a weekend trip because I haven't been on vacation for forever! And she was like, I don't think that's appropriate Kayla. I'm almost 20 years old....this is ridiculous!!!! I just want to have fun and go somewhere out of Dallas for the summer and relax. She lives in Mississippi because my step-dad got a job transfer and I'm living with my friend and her family (I've known them since I was like 5) and for Spring Break my friend went to Padre with her boyfriend and a bunch of other people and she's 20....like why can't I go if her mom doesn't have a problem with her and her boyfriend going?? It's really frustrating me and I feel like I'm going to explode on her one day because she treats me like a child and doesn't let me have any freedom or any fun. She tracks my phone with this Find my IPhone app and she hates is when I'm at my boyfriends apartment even if were just hanging out. I'm on birth control and I've never given her a reason to be so controlling over me! Idk what to do :(

I swear my mom thinks I'm still in high school. She hates my boyfriend (we've been dating for about 10 months) and idk why! I asked her if me and him, plus my best friend and her boyfriend could go to San Antonio this summer then from there to South Padre to the beach for like a weekend trip because I haven't been on vacation for forever! And she was like, I don't think that's appropriate Kayla. I'm almost 20 years old....this is ridiculous!!!! I just want to have fun and go somewhere out of Dallas for the summer and relax. She lives in Mississippi because my step-dad got a job transfer and I'm living with my friend and her family (I've known them since I was like 5) and for Spring Break my friend went to Padre with her boyfriend and a bunch of other people and she's 20....like why can't I go if her mom doesn't have a problem with her and her boyfriend going?? It's really frustrating me and I feel like I'm going to explode on her one day because she treats me like a child and doesn't let me have any freedom or any fun. She tracks my phone with this Find my IPhone app and she hates is when I'm at my boyfriends apartment even if were just hanging out. I'm on birth control and I've never given her a reason to be so controlling over me! Idk what to do :(

I'd say go and have fun regardless of what your mom says (unless you need her for funds, then thats a whole different story.) You're only young once, I know that's cliche, but its true. You wont get opprotunities like this once youre older and have a lot more responsiblities. Your mom might be mad for a little but she'll get over it eventually. Just reassure here of what will be happening, where you're staying, how to contact you, who you'll be with, etc so that she isn't having a panic attack. It sounds fun, I hope you go!

One time I saw something on Tumblr, and it was basically like...
"Dear mom, I'm writing to you to tell you I'm pregnant. I hate to just spring this upon you but I figured ever since I spent that night in jail and didn't tell you, I'd start being honest...." etc. etc. and listing off all these things that are really bad, and at the end the person was like "ps. this whole thing was a lie, what I really wanted to tell you was _______ but just think, it could have been worse". Ever since I saw that, I've taken this approach with my parents :p

I get to travel for the women's NCAA tournament to Louisiana this weekend. I can not wait to get out of the snow!

My mom is essentially the same way. I wasn't allowed to go ANYWHERE with my boyfriend that involved overnight trips, unless an adult was accompanying us until I was about 20, depending on the trip. She's loosened up a bit in the last year or so, but it also helps that my current boyfriend is older, more established and responsible, in comparison to my exes...and I've grown up a lot more since then too. My boyfriend now has also actually talked to my mom about why she's so strict, and since then she's gotten even better. Next time you see your mom, sit down and talk with her about it. and if it's possible (and you think he's mature enough to handle it and it's worthwhile), have your boyfriend talk to her as well--just not both at once because then she may feel like you're both ganging up on her about something and get defensive.

Like what the others have said...just go on vacation regardless. Once you do it, and you come back alive, healthy, not on bail and not pregnant, she'll realize that it IS okay.

i just *jogged* (not even full running speed) 1.5 miles and just about died. lord help me, but i will get back in shape if it kills me (though right now, i think it might just kill me first) ugh. #retiredcheerleaderprobs

i just *jogged* (not even full running speed) 1.5 miles and just about died. lord help me, but i will get back in shape if it kills me (though right now, i think it might just kill me first) ugh. #retiredcheerleaderprobs
lol this was me on the weekend, i went to the y my sister works out and ran on the track 2 miles, went swimming and played on the elliptical and the amounts of pain and tried i was afterwards was awful

All of my concern of the last 2 weeks for my team is completely gone now. Hitting multiple full outs at practice last night just made every struggle worth it. You all wait till Sunday night/Monday morning for a post by me about our bid we will be receiving. And if we don't I give up on cheerleading and I'm fleeing the country to stalk Beyonce until she makes me her backup singer.

Back