OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So do you wear it to the dance or just school and the game? Also, are dances after the game? I always see Instagram pics of people from Texas in GORGEOUS dresses, hair done, etc but ours is not nearly as fancy and sometimes it's right after the game.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

From what I understand they wear the mum to school and possibly the game not at the dance. I don't know when the actual dance is though.

Tiara Bow - Cheer Extreme Junior Elite Princesses
BWJ9v-9IIAAP0c6.jpg

CEA Youth Elite
BWJ9FldIcAAu_wH.jpg

Who made these? These bows are absolutely gorgeous and creative! :cloud9:

So do you wear it to the dance or just school and the game? Also, are dances after the game? I always see Instagram pics of people from Texas in GORGEOUS dresses, hair done, etc but ours is not nearly as fancy and sometimes it's right after the game.

The mum is only worn at school on Friday and at the football game. Thats why it is so hard for a cost-concious mom like me to justify spending over $100 on something to wear for a few hours. I bought a cheap mum and spruced it up just for her date. Ex: He likes crazy socks so I made socks for it.
The dance is Saturday and that's an ordeal in itself. The kids get in groups for HC, so they exchange the mum/garter as a group, go to the game as a group, game after party as a group, meet for pictures on Saturday as a group, go to dinner as a group, go to the dance as a group, go to the after party as a group. They might have a date in the group but they might not. Dance prep begins around noon with hair, nails and makeup. Pictures are usually around 5-ish with dinner to follow. Our dance was 8:30-11:30, but some kids skip the dance all together and the ones who go don't dance. The after party can go anywhere until 2:30am or be a sleepover with boys at one house and girls at a nearby house.
Think of your Senior Prom and that is the hype around Homecoming.
Now, my ugly secret: I let my kid leave practice early to get ready on Saturday, our coaches don't realize how much money and time go into this and calling a practice until 6:00 on Saturday wasn't sitting too well with me after I spent $700 on this adventure.

The mum is only worn at school on Friday and at the football game. Thats why it is so hard for a cost-concious mom like me to justify spending over $100 on something to wear for a few hours. I bought a cheap mum and spruced it up just for her date. Ex: He likes crazy socks so I made socks for it.
The dance is Saturday and that's an ordeal in itself. The kids get in groups for HC, so they exchange the mum/garter as a group, go to the game as a group, game after party as a group, meet for pictures on Saturday as a group, go to dinner as a group, go to the dance as a group, go to the after party as a group. They might have a date in the group but they might not. Dance prep begins around noon with hair, nails and makeup. Pictures are usually around 5-ish with dinner to follow. Our dance was 8:30-11:30, but some kids skip the dance all together and the ones who go don't dance. The after party can go anywhere until 2:30am or be a sleepover with boys at one house and girls at a nearby house.
Think of your Senior Prom and that is the hype around Homecoming.
Now, my ugly secret: I let my kid leave practice early to get ready on Saturday, our coaches don't realize how much money and time go into this and calling a practice until 6:00 on Saturday wasn't sitting too well with me after I spent $700 on this adventure.

wow. can I move to texas? Last year I got exactly two pictures at homecoming. and got ready in about 10 minutes... even our senior prom was on a Friday last year. Granted, probably 75% of the senior class got their parents to excuse them for the second half of the day to get their hair done but still. Although your dances start early. Ours are usually like 10-12? but yeah that basically is how our prom is... dinner, pics, after party with the same general group of people. Last year it was all at my house except pictures (which were at the university, and I took them) :help:

i can totally see threads anywhere from 1-3 months being reopened, but i cannot fathom why a thread from years ago would ever be.. in my head the only explanation i have is someone thinking "hey havent been on fierceboard in a while, im gonna go to page 302, pick a random thread and get the discussion going again"
:confused:

It's 2 AM and I just finished The Fault in Our Stars for the first time. For the majority of the book, I was thinking "yeah this is a good story, but I don't get why people freak out over it so much." And then with like 50 pages left I was in tears and feeling allllll of the emotions at once. And then I got it. And even though I'm pretty sure I got something totally different out of it than most people my age do, it made me realize that's what a good book should do. It should make you feel something and who cares what everybody else thinks of it or got from it

It's 2 AM and I just finished The Fault in Our Stars for the first time. For the majority of the book, I was thinking "yeah this is a good story, but I don't get why people freak out over it so much." And then with like 50 pages left I was in tears and feeling allllll of the emotions at once. And then I got it. And even though I'm pretty sure I got something totally different out of it than most people my age do, it made me realize that's what a good book should do. It should make you feel something and who cares what everybody else thinks of it or got from it

I read it this summer because both former cp and cp (16 and 13) loved it. It really does make you feel something. I hope more people read it before the movie comes out because I just cannot imagine the movie doing it justice (they rarely do).

I read it this summer because both former cp and cp (16 and 13) loved it. It really does make you feel something. I hope more people read it before the movie comes out because I just cannot imagine the movie doing it justice (they rarely do).

It's been sitting in a stack of books on my fest since June. I have to finish Divergent (which in hating). Librarian problems.

Yesterday I was studying and I had the TV on in the background and once of the characters on the show said "Woah woah woah, slow your roll!"
... I may have had a little dance/laughing fit...

It's been sitting in a stack of books on my fest since June. I have to finish Divergent (which in hating). Librarian problems.

My kids are both avid John Green fans. That's the only one I've read. Take a pause from Divergent; this one is a quick and worthwhile read.

Back