@12mowerd @TinyBlondie15

The conversation was kind of like :
Her - "my grandmother is ill"
Friend 1 - "o gosh, i'll pray for you"
Friend 2 - "me too"
Me - "my thoughts are with you and your family"
Her - "are you not going to pray too?"
Me - "No, I can't. But I'm thinking of you"

You guys are right, I think I needed to make it clearer that its because I don't have a God not because I didn't want to pray for her. She knows that I am not religious but maybe with the high emotions she forgot/didn't think it through. I just assumed she would know that was the reason.
It wasn't until after that I realised it might have come across as insensitive so I didn't think to explain.
Well I think it's perfectly acceptable. I think it's weird that she even asked you that? Idk I would have accepted your thoughts not asked why you weren't praying that seems silly. I'd go back and explain to her that you're not religious or maybe wsit for a better time later down the road when she is over the initial shock of her gram being sick.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Lost one of my best friends yesterday. It's incredible how much you learn to appreciate your life, and how quickly. I always told myself I'd never leave this Earth without making a difference in peoples' lives, and I think it's time I started doing that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you're doing ok. :)

I'm moving again and just dug out my Athletic Championships Palm Springs 2005-2006 season. South Bay elite, champion outlaws, west coast mavericks, etc. So crazy to watch these level five teams throwing ugly tucks out of the corner. But they're so so so impressive still.

I really miss cheering then. ):

@12mowerd @TinyBlondie15

The conversation was kind of like :
Her - "my grandmother is ill"
Friend 1 - "o gosh, i'll pray for you"
Friend 2 - "me too"
Me - "my thoughts are with you and your family"
Her - "are you not going to pray too?"
Me - "No, I can't. But I'm thinking of you"

You guys are right, I think I needed to make it clearer that its because I don't have a God not because I didn't want to pray for her. She knows that I am not religious but maybe with the high emotions she forgot/didn't think it through. I just assumed she would know that was the reason.
It wasn't until after that I realised it might have come across as insensitive so I didn't think to explain.

Ehh thats always a weird situation. I usually just say "my thoughts are with you" since I don't really pray and I was brought up in a household where religion was not practiced. I think it was odd of her to ask "are you not going to pray, too?" Puts both of you in an awkward situation... I think what you said was fine - it was an appropriate response for the situation. Hopefully you're friend will understand your side of it after her emotions have settled down. Its easy to take things the wrong way when you're like that.

Hoping I can lighten the mood with this one. :)

WHAT HAPPENED TO NLHS CHEER? I've scoured the Varsity video archives and haven't found a single video of them from a comp this year!

I need mah Jags!

My kids had their first competition today!! They are youth level 1 and, we are a first year team (some kids have never cheered before) and it's the first time us coaches have done a whole routine. We placed 2nd out of 6 amazing teams!!!!!! I just wanted to come on here and brag a little because I'm just so blown away. We've also qualified to Nationals!! *happycoach* :d :cloud9:

@Just-a-Mom so by your hair logic, if I currently have red hair, I need a green base to cancel it out, right? My hair is currently a burgundy, purply red but I'm over it and away at school and kinda poor. I've used Sally's dyes with developer before, so the mixing and whatnot isn't new to me, I've just never been messing with red hair lol

Latest posts

Back