OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@Just-a-Mom so by your hair logic, if I currently have red hair, I need a green base to cancel it out, right? My hair is currently a burgundy, purply red but I'm over it and away at school and kinda poor. I've used Sally's dyes with developer before, so the mixing and whatnot isn't new to me, I've just never been messing with red hair lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yes green cancels out red. It may be called "ash" in the name of the color, rather than green. Ash for some reason means "cool" colors, especially green. It's used specifically to counteract red tones. Ash colors used on yellow blonds will turn super green. But if you're trying to go browner and get rid of red, then you want a green base or ash base.

If you look at a color wheel, and find whatever color you have too much of, go directly across the wheel and the opposite color cancels it out. So red and green are opposites, blue and orange, and purple and yellow.

I have no idea if this makes sense?

Last edited:
Yes green cancels out red. It may be called "ash" in the name of the color, rather than green. Ash for some reason means "cool" colors, especially green. It's used specifically to counteract red tones. Ash colors used on yellow blonds will turn super green. But if you're trying to go browner and get rid of red, then you want a green base or ash base.

If you look at a color wheel, and find whatever color you have too much of, go directly across the wheel and the opposite color cancels it out. So red and green are opposites, blue and orange, and purple and yellow.

I have no idea if this makes sense?

Yes, perfect sense! That's what I thought, thank you!!

If anyone was curious (Which I highly doubt :D) I went and got my hair done-decided not to risk it by doing it myself- and I'm loving it! Went with a black cherry red all over and my blonde highlights are all gone, I was definitely meant to be a dark haired girl! Lol

Latest posts

Back