OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Got this email today from my english teacher.... :jawdrop:
(It's long but it's a quite entertaining read I promise)
Only to get a second email telling us that it wasn't intended for our section of the course :oops:
But that she hasn't graded our papers yet and we could be getting an email like this...

I read it and was SHOCKED... does anyone else find parts of this to be a bit rude?

Sorry, I cut out the long email part.

I feel like although this is a little unprofessional, she has a good point. Often times students take advantage of teachers and situations and it is tough on the professors. I know it is their job to grade work in a timely fashion and teach you what they are supposed to but students don't always live up to their expectations. I would say if she gave you a rubric in advance and stated what was to be included in the paper, there is no excuse that that many students didn't do their part or care enough about the assignment. Plagiarism is a huge problem at universities now, so I can also understand her issue with that situation. I think she could have expressed her feelings a little bit differently, maybe face to face in class, and tried to sort out some of the issues at hand.

Kinda weird my best friend since fifth grades name is mika. Never heard anyone have that name besides her and this girl on wd

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think he said in the tombs ? I'm assuming at the prison , they found a rabbit killed and pulled apart and pinned to a board. After what happened to Mika, Lizzie told Tyrese she did it for fun, and that she was feeding the walkers rats at the prison

Spoiler Alert! (just in case)
Also, in that little group's first episode this season (when they first revealed that Judith was with them and then Carol found them) there was a scene when Daryl/Beth were unknowingly tracking them. The camera panned to the left and showed... animal guts nestled in an old log. I almost missed it and didn't think anything of it until later in the episode when they showed some baby bunnies in the same spot. Then Lizzie killed them. For no reason. That's when the rabbit thing clicked for me.

The power went out in my room so I assumed it went out in the whole house.

I went to ask my roommates about their lights and they said nothing had gone out.

No one touched the power box thing (clearly I am not an electrician) and my power is now back on but it was very odd.

A couple of weeks ago my surge protector power strip blew and fried some of my cords and my power strip but nothing happened to anyone else's stuff. Apparently my room must have bad wiring or something. I don't want to think what else could be going on.

Got this email today from my english teacher.... :jawdrop:
(It's long but it's a quite entertaining read I promise)
Only to get a second email telling us that it wasn't intended for our section of the course :oops:
But that she hasn't graded our papers yet and we could be getting an email like this...

I read it and was SHOCKED... does anyone else find parts of this to be a bit rude?
Removed a bit for space. I'm shocked that some students didn't even include a Works Cited page. Holy moly. This is in college. If she gave a rubric and told the students what they needed to do, which is what it sounds like, there isn't an excuse for their poor performance. Granted I don't know what the topic of the paper was about, but I just turned in a research paper that had over 20 sources for a paper only 7 pages long (not including the works cited ;)). However, maybe the teacher didn't have to send such a long email or maybe waited until she heard back from her supervisor. And to send it to a different section… that's a bit of a blunder.

This is for all the people who say that all Beyoncé does is shake her butt in a skimpy outfit singing about sex.

Side note. This song is my therapy right now. As well as cheerleading. Even though I'm not cheering right now, something about watching some good ol' cheer videos is really therapeutic.

@krystynakrez I think it's quite amusing. Unprofessional that it was sent to the wrong class, but I would have laughed had my tutor sent this to my class in university. I'm pretty sure we had a few talks like this given to us in first year, but never an email. Aussies have a different sense of formality and humour though…

Started watching Scandal on Netflix over spring break this past week. Tonight I told myself I could watch one episode around 10pm before bed. Well, 5 hours later season 2 is done and I'm :eek:

Started watching Scandal on Netflix over spring break this past week. Tonight I told myself I could watch one episode around 10pm before bed. Well, 5 hours later season 2 is done and I'm :eek:

I started watching SOA Friday and I'm halfway through season 5 now. I start watching around 12 and stay up until 4am. But now back to school, idk what I'll do.

Back