OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think I'm enjoying overnight shifts a little too much. I feel like I found my niche. Yknow, aside from having an ADHD stepson that literally can't be quiet while I'm sleeping.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

ugh i thought i'd be done with group work in grad school... and here i am having to write a paper as a group.

we did get to select our own groups so i selected my best friend and she added one of her other friends (who i actually cannot stand, but that's beside the point) to be our third group member. I let them select the topic, as well as assign who does what. they gave me the "hardest" section, as i am a good writer and honestly i don't mind. this paper is 60% of our grade. I did my part and my friend did hers. the third member did nothing as she thought we were just all going to do it together and she is now out on a date. due tomorrow. great. luckily, i guess, my friend is taking full responsibility for it and hounding the other girl. i feel bad, i think, if she does both parts, but then i don't because if it were up to me that floozy wouldn't be in our group to begin with. :wasntme: grr.

Thats why I love the policy that my professors have. If a group member didnt pull their weight you can kick them out and they have to do it on their own.
One of my professors had that policy and had to revoke it because two kids bullied another kid and kicked him out of the group after he had done all the work and the two mean kids tried to claim the work as their own and the professor figured it out and it was a hot mess and I felt so bad for the one kid.

I am so annoyed right now wowie wow.

I haven't been trained on this NOC position I'm in. Im by myself. I got this passive aggressive, nasty note from the am and pm care staff whining about how I haven't been doing my job correctly, but no one has told me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm in trouble now because apparently, a resident called down to the front desk and I didnt answer because I wasn't at the desk. I was doing my job. I had the cordless phone on me, which APPARENTLY doesn't work on the second or third floor, or in the elevators. THAT PROBABLY WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW. The girl on the am shift after me went to fricking management and told them I'm "not doing my job correctly" like girl please, if yall took the time to correctly train me, this wouldnt be an issue.

I hate this company.

ETA: There's a sheet with NOC duties that wasn't even given to me. I found it by chance while poking around the medications room. They're complaining that I havent done things that aren't even on the task sheet. Like if you havent specifically told me about it and it's not on this sheet, chances are that ITS NOT GOING TO GET DONE. This is the clique-iest, most unorganized company I have ever worked for, and I worked for a family run group home.

So I just put on cheer clothes and put a bow in my hair b/c pretending that I have practice is the only way to motivate myself to condition and stretch.

With ours you have to have a meeting with all of the group members and the professor before it can be done. I've never heard of anyone abusing the policy at my school.
Ours was a form you fill out and then you had one on one meetings with the professor but the two mean kids had their meeting first so the professor heard their side of the story and apparently they bullied the other kid and made him feel so bad that he didn't even stand up for himself. It was a huge mess and the mean kids ended up failing the class.

I hated group projects. I always got stuck in a group full of lazy people, and me being OCD about everything i would end up doing the majority of it.
Group projects in college oddly sucked even worse, people were always like "ehh if I fail I can take this class next semester" drove me nuts. I would just bite my tongue and do the whole thing myself so I could pass.

I have a quiestion for you all. How many of you know who Astrid Lindgren is? I have a friend that says that she is not that big as she is and wanna prove her wrong.

Back