OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have any recc's for milk, that's not soya or almond, for lactose intolerant sufferers? Here in the UK there is a brand called Lactofree, which uses regular cows milk and filters and removes the lactose. Is there anything like this in the US? I'm coming over on Wednesday to visit @cupieqt and don't want to be a pain by my intolerance! Ty

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Does anyone have any recc's for milk, that's not soya or almond, for lactose intolerant sufferers? Here in the UK there is a brand called Lactofree, which uses regular cows milk and filters and removes the lactose. Is there anything like this in the US? I'm coming over on Wednesday to visit @cupieqt and don't want to be a pain by my intolerance! Ty

Looks like Walmart has some: http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/lactose-free-milk

Does your school not have a option for birth-6th education? In NY I believe we do, seems like it would solve your dilemma. But I'm not sure what your state's structure is for education.

I realize from your post you're planning on staying south when you're finished, but from a northerner's perspective (and from one who hires teachers to work with students in a home instruction setting through the school districts) it sounds as though you would be limiting rather than broadening your future marketability if you specialized in only birth to kindergarten. In my experience unless you are doing a dual degree in special education, the number of new teachers for the N-6 grades here in NY is way higher than the demand and job availability. Many certified teachers are accepting jobs as Teacher's Aides in the hopes that it will at least get their foot in the door.

If you want to teach kindergarten then stay where you are. The NC licensure is K-6 which will allow you to teach any grade in elementary and actually can sneak you into 6th grade only in middle school. You may only want kindergarten but if you limit your license to B-K you'll have a harder time finding a job. Most elementary principals will want k-6 because it gives them more flexibility with their master schedule. For me, I really work hard to only hire 9-12 certified people even though a 6-9 certification works to teach 9th grade but they can ONLY teach 9th grade so it ties my hands.

There will be plenty of positions in NC since we have such a teacher crisis (I just hired two teachers Thursday for foreign language....I literally had to go outside of the US to find some) you should be able to find the position you want. Hope that helps :)

Like everyone else has said- keep the elem ed major

The major part that interests me is that with the B-K I would be able to teach students with and without disabilities - where as the elem ed degree would not let me do that. Right now my major is elem ed with a concentration in child studies, so I'm taking a lot of classes that I would need for the B-K anyway. That's how I even found it. My school also has a Child Development Center on campus so I thought that would be good for a lot of hands on experience.

Thank you so much for all of the responses! I truly appreciate everyone's insight :) knew I could count on fierceboard

My best friend is on a plane headed to Dallas right now to model for a varsity catalog shoot! I'm so excited for her! (and vicariously living through her but whatever)

And on the "share a coke" thing, me and my boyfriend (his name is Brad) have gone to like a million stores and gone through the bottles and CANNOT.FIND.A.BRAD. its frustrating lol

Does your school not have a option for birth-6th education? In NY I believe we do, seems like it would solve your dilemma. But I'm not sure what your state's structure is for education.

Most schools/states split it up differently. We had early child eduction, which was up until 2nd grade I believe. Then elementary education, which was 3rd-6th, then middle level education. All depends on where you go!

I was so happy when I finally saw this and could stop searching for my daughter's perfectly normal, but not included, name. Share A Coke – Customize and Personalize Coke Bottle With Names.

Me and my cheer mom BFF were talking about this the other day they don't have our kids names, our names, or her husbands!

However she went to a place today and they made them!! She got this for me and posted this to my Facebook!
esy6yzu9.jpg
I'm so happy!! I finally have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on the "share a coke" thing, me and my boyfriend (his name is Brad) have gone to like a million stores and gone through the bottles and CANNOT.FIND.A.BRAD. its frustrating lol

I would give anything to find my name on something. I have searched years and years and have had no luck. Not even a stupid key chain. I'm really not sad about the Coke bottles though because I'm Pepsi for life.

Back