OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you have impacted teeth, I strongly suggest you get them out of there before the end of your 20s. The older you get the more complicated post op gets. Yes, I was the girl who waited until problems came along.

But if they are just standing there and there is enough space for them, I consider you very lucky.

I just had all four removed week or two ago. Two on the same side were impacted, my dentist said I needed them out before the end of the year. My surgeon explained that if your teeth grow in normally it can mess with your sinuses or jaw.

I luckily had one irregular one that had no roots so I was only in pain on one side of my mouth.

I just had all four removed week or two ago. Two on the same side were impacted, my dentist said I needed them out before the end of the year. My surgeon explained that if your teeth grow in normally it can mess with your sinuses or jaw.

I luckily had one irregular one that had no roots so I was only in pain on one side of my mouth.
Yes well the problem with me is that the roots were long and strongly attached to the bone.

But wait, there is more!

2 out of 3 turned into dry sockets. I went back to the surgeon's office today because I just could not handle it anymore. It seems that it happens more with females (probably because of birth control).

So the holes are packed with some kind of fabric filled with eugenol. They push it in the holes to cover the bone and the eugenol helps the gum heal while protecting it. Game changer I tell you! I was able to take a nap and wake up without pain earlier. It was NOT fun to get inside the sockets (and it burns for a while) but I feel better. They have to take it out on Wednesday though. I really hope it goes up from there.

Aaaahhh, I was wondering if the older you are the more issues arise. I had mine out in my early 20's and I don't remember it being a big deal. I took off work on a Friday and had them out, rested over the weekend and was fine by Monday morning. I also had my tonsils put around that time, and that was not a fun recovery in my 20's.
Yes, the longer you wait, the longer and stronger the roots are. Mine were fully developped. I was lucky enough to have the whole thing removed, because sometimes they have to leave the roots in the bone.

Omg this Florida/Oklahoma softball game is going to never end. They're in the 11th inning ugh. But damn it's a good game.

ETA: OMG Oklahoma had it down twice.

Last edited:
Yes, the longer you wait, the longer and stronger the roots are. Mine were fully developped. I was lucky enough to have the whole thing removed, because sometimes they have to leave the roots in the bone.
Yes to all of this. My kids dentist had the older two have them removed very early (said as the roots grow down they get closer to the nerves and it is best to get them before they do). Just thinking about this because youngest child still needs his done!

Yes well the problem with me is that the roots were long and strongly attached to the bone.

But wait, there is more!

2 out of 3 turned into dry sockets. I went back to the surgeon's office today because I just could not handle it anymore. It seems that it happens more with females (probably because of birth control).

So the holes are packed with some kind of fabric filled with eugenol. They push it in the holes to cover the bone and the eugenol helps the gum heal while protecting it. Game changer I tell you! I was able to take a nap and wake up without pain earlier. It was NOT fun to get inside the sockets (and it burns for a while) but I feel better. They have to take it out on Wednesday though. I really hope it goes up from there.

Yes! My top one was getting pretty close, so was one at the bottom that's why he wanted me to get them out because in a few months I would've had a harder surgery.

I thought I would fall victim to dry socket but thank god I didn't.

My wisdom teeth removal was easy-peasy for the most part. it was the aftermath. Turns out im very allergic to amoxicillin! The horror from that lasted much longer than the pain from my surgery!

My wisdom teeth removal was easy-peasy for the most part. it was the aftermath. Turns out im very allergic to amoxicillin! The horror from that lasted much longer than the pain from my surgery!
OMG that doesn't sound like fun at all! So sorry for you! What reaction did it cause?

OMG that doesn't sound like fun at all! So sorry for you! What reaction did it cause?
It caused full body hives! Honestly the worst hives I've seen in my life. Because of them I was sooo freakin itchy. And because of the way amoxicillin works (by building up in your body), the reaction didnt occur immediately. But it lasted for sooooo long!
Cause it was a skin issue I had sun sensitivity as well.
Awful. Plain awful.

It caused full body hives! Honestly the worst hives I've seen in my life. Because of them I was sooo freakin itchy. And because of the way amoxicillin works (by building up in your body), the reaction didnt occur immediately. But it lasted for sooooo long!
Cause it was a skin issue I had sun sensitivity as well.
Awful. Plain awful.

I had the same after my appendicectomy when I was 9. A week after getting out of the hospital and getting amoxicillin, I developped full body hives as well. I don't remember how long it lasted though, but I remember I cried (I was little though) because the itching was so bad it hurt.

I had the same after my appendicectomy when I was 9. A week after getting out of the hospital and getting amoxicillin, I developped full body hives as well. I don't remember how long it lasted though, but I remember I cried (I was little though) because the itching was so bad it hurt.
It was so bad that I would not wish it upon my worst enemy! I just kept wanting to rip my skin off cause it was so bad!
I feel bad for anyone who had to deal with me during that- I was incredibly irritable hahaha

CNN is live streaming the hearing for Comey's firing hearing atm.

Last edited:
Back