OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm in Myrtle Beach for a dance competition. Sweet Jesus, I'm pretty sure South Carolina is hotter than any other place on earth. I'm legit going to actually melt ... I feel like my skin is sliding off of me.

I never thought I'd ever say this in a million years, but I might be too Chicago for this BS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Because South Carolina is Hell on earth. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sit-down multiple course meal at a shower?! Holy moly. We did a buffet brunch at my shower and still had plenty of time to open gifts.

I guess I feel weirded out that I'm going to bring these gifts and she's not even going to acknowledge them while I'm there? I know people don't open gifts at weddings, but the point of a wedding isn't to give a gift like the point of a shower is. I also have a few gifts so I want to keep them all together. I guess I can wrap them in ribbon.

And also the whole "bring a book instead of a card" thing. It's cute, but when 5 people bring Goodnight Moon and sign their names inside you can't exactly return one.
I've never heard of a wedding shower until I read your wedding posts. Most or all guests bring the gifts to the wedding, but the bride and Groom (wife/husband) open the gifts after the wedding (later that night or next day). But it's like for family only or whomever the couple invites. I don't think I ever heard a couple (in my community) have a honeymoon either. It's so traditional in my community that if you break from it you'll be talked about for years. As for baby showers, I too would feel weird bring an unwrapped gift. And four hours is a long time especially if no gifts will be opened. I mean it doesn't take too long to open gifts.

Maybe you can put the chair together for her and then put the other smaller (unwrapped gifts) inside then put a bow on it.

I'm in Myrtle Beach for a dance competition. Sweet Jesus, I'm pretty sure South Carolina is hotter than any other place on earth. I'm legit going to actually melt ... I feel like my skin is sliding off of me.

I never thought I'd ever say this in a million years, but I might be too Chicago for this BS.

It 100% is the hottest place. Check the Columbia weather. I was just in Pawleys this weekend (like 20 miles south of MB) and it was a good 8 - 10 degrees cooler than Columbia.

I was thankful just moving 90 miles up the road. I get like 4 degrees of relief now.

It 100% is the hottest place. Check the Columbia weather. I was just in Pawleys this weekend (like 20 miles south of MB) and it was a good 8 - 10 degrees cooler than Columbia.

I was thankful just moving 90 miles up the road. I get like 4 degrees of relief now.
I was there last week and loved every second of the heat!! It was 56 degrees when I left my house so the temperature literally doubled in less than 24 hours.

I was there last week and loved every second of the heat!! It was 56 degrees when I left my house so the temperature literally doubled in less than 24 hours.

56 degrees?! Where do you live, that sounds glorious right now. It's so humid in KC that it feels so much hotter than it actually is and it's disgusting.

You're cray. The heat here makes me panic inside. I was in San Antonio with my dad and sisters 2 weeks ago and everyone there was like "y'all won't be able to handle our heat " we were like "ummmmm no this is nothing"

My nephew is with me for the summer from San Antonio and he's like "Tia Erin, how do y'all live like this"

It is hot in Florida -just walking out to get the mail or into a store from the car - when that wave of heat heats you it is no joke. The temp in my car has been between 95-100. The humidity is what makes the heat that much worse.

56 degrees?! Where do you live, that sounds glorious right now. It's so humid in KC that it feels so much hotter than it actually is and it's disgusting.

It was in the 50s when we left Chicago too, which is NOT actually glorious (no pool!!!). I usually LOVE the heat, but this is too much. The humidity is killing me. I am generally someone who hates Chicago because I want to be at the beach or pool every day of my life, but it was so hot on Sunday we couldn't even go to the beach. Today is not as bad - it's "only" like 94.

I'm stuck in my hotel room with a migraine today, so I'm not happy about that.

Unrelated - it drives me crazy when people say they are from Chicago and they're from the suburbs. There are a couple other teams down here from places like La Grange, and we keep hearing them say they're from Chicago. No, WE are here from Chicago. You're here from a suburb of Chicago. I know no one has heard of La Grange, but just say it's OUTSIDE Chicago. Stop trying to claim bad-a$$-ness that isn't yours. [emoji12]

Yay Oregon weather! It's supposed to be above 105 this whole week but we don't have humidity at all here. My mom was just in North Carolina for their honeymoon and said it was the worst heat she'd ever been in and she was raised in Arizona.

feel free to come to MA if you wants 56! Our weather has been so bi-polar lately :banghead: I'm in leggings & a sweatshirt with mocs once day, and shorts t-shirt & flip flops the next!

Yay Oregon weather! It's supposed to be above 105 this whole week but we don't have humidity at all here. My mom was just in North Carolina for their honeymoon and said it was the worst heat she'd ever been in and she was raised in Arizona.

For me, at least, humidity plays a HUGE factor in "hotness bare-ability". I could do high heat with no humidity. But mild heat with high humidity? It's terrible and I feel like I'm drowning on land.

It's so weird how big our country is that we all have vastly different weather.

It was in the 50s when we left Chicago too, which is NOT actually glorious (no pool!!!). I usually LOVE the heat, but this is too much. The humidity is killing me. I am generally someone who hates Chicago because I want to be at the beach or pool every day of my life, but it was so hot on Sunday we couldn't even go to the beach. Today is not as bad - it's "only" like 94.

I'm stuck in my hotel room with a migraine today, so I'm not happy about that.

Unrelated - it drives me crazy when people say they are from Chicago and they're from the suburbs. There are a couple other teams down here from places like La Grange, and we keep hearing them say they're from Chicago. No, WE are here from Chicago. You're here from a suburb of Chicago. I know no one has heard of La Grange, but just say it's OUTSIDE Chicago. Stop trying to claim bad-a$$-ness that isn't yours. [emoji12]

Not that KC is bada$$ by any means, but I always say I'm from KC even though I've never actually lived in the city haha. I've lived in many every surrounding areas in both Kansas and Missouri, but never KC.

And I love the sun, but we've had the worst weather this summer. It has rained almost everyday, and the days it doesn't rain, it's disgustingly humid and hot. I hate it here [emoji58]

i guess ill never understand why kids go across the country just for a very likely shot at a worlds ring, and then come all the way back to their original team again the very next season. its kinda like "hey i had to leave in order to get a worlds win real fast but im back." sorry random rant.

i guess ill never understand why kids go across the country just for a very likely shot at a worlds ring, and then come all the way back to their original team again the very next season. its kinda like "hey i had to leave in order to get a worlds win real fast but im back." sorry random rant.
That's right, once they leave they should never be allowed to return. Where is their loyalty anyway? [emoji12]

**A million thanks to anyone that can find When will Susie Tic Toc on XtraNormal**

Back