OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I turn 16 in a few weeks(yay!) and I'm planning on having people over at my house but I don't really know what to do with them? I know my close friends can sit for hours just talking and hanging out but some of my friends aren't quite that social so I was thinking I should plan something? Not games, but just stuff to do in case it gets boring. Any ideas?

Just got word that my car is totaled. KBB price is around $6100, but I have rental coverage (thank god!) so I'll be driving this rental until I get the check from my insurance and get a new car. *Sigh*

Anyone have reviews for Mazda CX7, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda CRV, Ford Edge?! (crossovers in general)

Remember when I was on here last month complaining about my car insurance rates? It just went up another $15 a month for no reason LOL OK.

Just got word that my car is totaled. KBB price is around $6100, but I have rental coverage (thank god!) so I'll be driving this rental until I get the check from my insurance and get a new car. *Sigh*

Anyone have reviews for Mazda CX7, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda CRV, Ford Edge?! (crossovers in general)

That stinks about your car. My husband is a mechanic, and he is not a fan of Mazda's because their steering column is different then most other manufacturers so they are harder to work on- not sure if this is all Mazda's or just the RX8 I had. He is a huge fan of the Honda CRV....want to say its because they are very easy to work on as a mechanic. He had my mom get one a few months ago over her Hyundai Santa Fe. He always tells people to find a mechanic that you trust, and to ask them to take a look at the car. He tells his customers this all the time. If they are going to by a used car, and the dealer wont let them bring the car by him to take a look at it, they are hiding something and to walk away. Also, if you have a mechanic you trust you could always ask them for recommendations as to what crossovers are good, since they will be doing the work on the car they should be able to help steer you in the right direction. So long as they are honest.

Do not get a Mazda. I had a brand new CX7 and the headlights were always going out (once at night both low beam headlights blew) and the dealer insisted there was nothing wrong. Last summer the turbo blew and the car had 66k miles on it, so it was out of warranty and the dealer told me I was SOL and it would be $3k to fix. My mechanic fixed it for half the price and told me to trade it in immediately because it was about the 5th turbo he replaced on Mazdas in a year. I now have a Hyundai Tuscon and I love it.

So I turn 16 in a few weeks(yay!) and I'm planning on having people over at my house but I don't really know what to do with them? I know my close friends can sit for hours just talking and hanging out but some of my friends aren't quite that social so I was thinking I should plan something? Not games, but just stuff to do in case it gets boring. Any ideas?
bounce house... you are never to old for one, my friends had a huge 4th of july party at a lake house and they rented two large bounce houses, one being like a slide. we spent the entire day running around like children and what not. we are all over the age of 25........ no shame

Do not get a Mazda. I had a brand new CX7 and the headlights were always going out (once at night both low beam headlights blew) and the dealer insisted there was nothing wrong. Last summer the turbo blew and the car had 66k miles on it, so it was out of warranty and the dealer told me I was SOL and it would be $3k to fix. My mechanic fixed it for half the price and told me to trade it in immediately because it was about the 5th turbo he replaced on Mazdas in a year. I now have a Hyundai Tuscon and I love it.
Hey, we drive the same car!

Honda has a new compact crossover called the HR-V that I've been dying to check out. But it's brand new, and I'm always wary of buying the first year of a car model/body.

bounce house... you are never to old for one, my friends had a huge 4th of july party at a lake house and they rented two large bounce houses, one being like a slide. we spent the entire day running around like children and what not. we are all over the age of 25........ no shame

I had one at my high school graduation party!

If any of the cars you're looking at have the CVT automatic transmission do a little research. Hearing they are more expensive to repair/replace and maybe not have as long as a life span as originally expected.

**of course we really won, the judges must have switched scoresheets. #conspiracytheory**

Consumer reports released a list of cars most likely to hit 200k miles and it's all Hondas and Toyotas, including the CRV.
Best Cars for Making It to 200,000 Miles - Consumer Reports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently driving a Hyundai Tucson and I like it ok. I really want a new Rav4. I miss the dependability of my old one. I drove a 97 up until 2013 and it never let me down. I think it will definitely be my next car purchase.

I have a 2013 Honda CRV and love it. I get pretty good gas mileage, much better than the Santa Fe I had prior. Drives fairly smooth, similar to a car, but is obviously much bigger. Also, my favorite feature that my Santa Fe didn't have is the seat riser. I'm short, so being able to not only have the seat pulled forward, but raised higher so I can see over the hood is amazing. It truly was the selling point for me lol. As @Ashley mentioned, they did just come out w the HRV, which my friend has ordered. I'm curious to see how different it is than mine. When looking for cars, I also checked out the Nissan Rogue, rav 4, and ford escapes. CRV won out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2013 Honda CRV and love it. I get pretty good gas mileage, much better than the Santa Fe I had prior. Drives fairly smooth, similar to a car, but is obviously much bigger. Also, my favorite feature that my Santa Fe didn't have is the seat riser. I'm short, so being able to not only have the seat pulled forward, but raised higher so I can see over the hood is amazing. It truly was the selling point for me lol. As @Ashley mentioned, they did just come out w the HRV, which my friend has ordered. I'm curious to see how different it is than mine. When looking for cars, I also checked out the Nissan Rogue, rav 4, and ford escapes. CRV won out for me.

I have a 2009 Civic now and I'd like to stick with Honda in the future, but I just can't get over the rear end of the current CR-V. I can't help but look at it and see a big butt. It also seems bigger than some of the earlier versions I've seen. But I haven't actually driven it, nor have I actually seen an HR-V out in the wild, so we'll see what I decide to do. My car is almost 6 years old and I'm starting to get the itch for a new one.

I thought about that! It's currently 112 and not getting any cooler so I don't know how enthusiastic people will be about being outside.

Currently driving a Hyundai Tucson and I like it ok. I really want a new Rav4. I miss the dependability of my old one. I drove a 97 up until 2013 and it never let me down. I think it will definitely be my next car purchase.
My mom just got the 2014 rav4 and she loves it!

Back