OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
There are very few states; 5 maybe 6 total, that allow you to claim your prizes anonymously. In Florida you can't be anonymous, but can set up a trust or LLC to claim the prize. However, states like New Jersey, as an example, say if you don't show in person you don't get the money. I would stay as anonymous as possible and not make any rash decisions (like quitting jobs, school, moving...etc, etc) for quite a few months to allow everything to die down, then quietly do my bidding.
Really? Wow, I didn't know that. That's too bad that you can't remain anonymous, if I won shy of a billion dollars and had to tell everyone I would be afraid for my family's safety!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Wow, I didn't know that. That's too bad that you can't remain anonymous, if I won shy of a billion dollars and had to tell everyone I would be afraid for my family's safety!

Exactly! I'm thankful that in my state I could set up a trust/LLC to claim it on my behalf, but I would truly be terrified to be found out about. I'd be on the first plane outta wherever I was if I had to actually come forward.

I bought a couple tickets on a whim this evening and as I was driving to the gas station I was like "if I won, the only thing I could see myself splurging on are tickets to Hamilton." (Hamilton was playing in my car at the time.) As I walked out of the gas station I found a $10 bill on the ground in plain sight. So I feel like I won some money from this, more than most will recieve. Coincidentally Alexander Hamilton is on the 10. I feel this is his way of saying "you're not gonna win but I know you'd spend it wisely and I would know because I was the first Treasury Secretary so heres a little somethin' somethin' just for being you." And so I say thank you Mr. Hamilton.

Part of me also feels like it's some sign from above saying that I'm going to win the Hamilton Lottery so I'm going to save this $10 bill for the next time I go to NYC and hopefully I'll score some $10 tickets. But you're chances of winning the Ham4Ham lotto is probably the same as winning this powerball lotto so I won't get my hopes up.
So IHSTF (or theatrefest to us Illinois drama kids) was this weekend and I have this friend who is obsessed with Hamilton and today at lunch I told her "You should just stand up and yell 'What's you name, man?'" And she said "I kinda want to." So she did, and I'm kinda disappointed in our section because no one replied. One girl did tell her that she respected her for it so it's less so now, but I still thought "Man, I expected more from these people." LOL

So IHSTF (or theatrefest to us Illinois drama kids) was this weekend and I have this friend who is obsessed with Hamilton and today at lunch I told her "You should just stand up and yell 'What's you name, man?'" And she said "I kinda want to." So she did, and I'm kinda disappointed in our section because no one replied. One girl did tell her that she respected her for it so it's less so now, but I still thought "Man, I expected more from these people." LOL

These people call themselves drama kids????? I, too, am disappointed.

One of my customers at work that I work with consistently told me she saw Hamilton for Christmas and was blown away ("blow us all away [emoji445]") by it and is the newest crazed fan. And so now I will send her emails with only Hamilton lyrics in the subject line :)

I'm seeing on Twitter that nobody won, wonder if it's true?

The results are still pending per the Powerball website. I imagine it'll take a few hours for their algorithm to work; we'll likely know by morning.

The results are still pending per the Powerball website. I imagine it'll take a few hours for their algorithm to work; we'll likely know by morning.

cfbe06d3c44b695b613b3e427cbe7f6d.jpg

California released their official statement, now I'm interested to see if nobody else wins in other states. It will be crazy if it gets over a billion dollars...

These people call themselves drama kids????? I, too, am disappointed.

One of my customers at work that I work with consistently told me she saw Hamilton for Christmas and was blown away ("blow us all away [emoji445]") by it and is the newest crazed fan. And so now I will send her emails with only Hamilton lyrics in the subject line :)
It's coming to Chicago in September and my friend is super excited. I'm not quite at that level of excitement about it yet, but I might be someday. That's what happened with Rent (which was the All-State show[emoji7]) Three of the girls in the All-State cast made a video of them singing Hamilton and I was super excited for her because Hamilton and Side Show are her life. Also, my history teacher showed us a video about it and then it kind of exploded from there.

I'm sorry. This post is just all over the place because I'm tired but also have too much energy and it's just a bad combination

We all dodged a bullet really. When you win the lottery, your chances of being a victim of crimes sky rockets. At least we all will sleep soundly knowing that we aren't targets of being kidnapped for ransom money or murdered by jealous family members :)

South Carolina is one of the few states where you can collect anonymously....

Anyway. My lottery pool won $12. They're like "let's buy donuts" and I'm like um what if nobody won....let's buy tickets.

South Carolina is one of the few states where you can collect anonymously....

Anyway. My lottery pool won $12. They're like "let's buy donuts" and I'm like um what if nobody won....let's buy tickets.

You'd get more happiness out of the donuts though ;)

hmm... stupid machine mustve been broken. my numbers weren't picked. whatever... i didn't feel like winning this week anyways. ill win next week.

Back