All-Star New Uniform Design Opinions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am perfectly calm, I am simply defending myself (even though I have done nothing wrong, offensive, or cruel towards you or anyone else). I was taught to have a little bit of sympathy towards others and not call them out simply for laughs or to make an example out of them. And considering the fact that you're name calling and mocking me, I do think I have to walk on egg shells a little bit.

Sooooo you're looking for sympathy? Sorry. If I had a heart it probably wouldn't bleed just bc you were corrected.

You also were unable to tag my username correctly in the post, so doesn't that say something? We all make mistakes. It is not necessary to point out every single one, especially over the internet or to a person you know nothing about.
Also, I was not raised to solve problems by being rude or mean about things right off the bat, but if that's how you choose to handle situations over the internet, by all means go ahead.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm new around here so thank you for showing me I need to walk on egg shells around some people, I'll be very careful not to make any more minor mistake. As far as I know, every thread is open to discussion and each person's own opinion, so I don't see why I had to be ridiculed when I gave mine. I've not met everyone on this board and probably never will, but I'm sure many people could have handled it with a little empathy. I am glad you seem amused by this though.
Oh boy! As you become used to the board you will find that cupieqt is one of the nicest people around here, I think this was a little OTT. An old thread was resurrected, Just-a-Mom posted to that effect and yet the posts continued. There has been an influx of newbies recently that are not reading the board rules and just posting any old thing, any old where. It does get tiring reading the same old 'mistakes' time after time. When I joined I stayed silent for a good couple of months, reading everything and working out how this place operates. I made the odd post here and there but I learnt from other peoples mistakes. Unfortunately there were LOTS and this is only increasing. I applaud the mods on here, if I were them I would be banning people left, right and centre. You made a posting error - BAN, you sound like a Suzie - BAN, you can't use there/their/they're correctly - BAN, You Use Obnoxious Typing Like This, oR lyKKe DiS - BAN, BAN, BAN!!!! There would be virtually no one left ;)
All messaging boards/forums operate differently, I think it is respectful when you join one, to find out their specific rules and idiosyncrasies before you make a fool of yourself or annoy the other posters. In the same way you told her she could have ignored your post, you could have ignored hers. She is the one with the experience and the respect from the other members. At the moment newbies are mainly just irritating, until they're not newbies any more ;)

I am perfectly calm, I am simply defending myself (even though I have done nothing wrong, offensive, or cruel towards you or anyone else). I was taught to have a little bit of sympathy towards others and not call them out simply for laughs or to make an example out of them. And considering the fact that you're name calling and mocking me, I do think I have to walk on egg shells a little bit.
Drop it, simply just drop it.

Oh boy! As you become used to the board you will find that cupieqt is one of the nicest people around here, I think this was a little OTT. An old thread was resurrected, Just-a-Mom posted to that effect and yet the posts continued. There has been an influx of newbies recently that are not reading the board rules and just posting any old thing, any old where. It does get tiring reading the same old 'mistakes' time after time. When I joined I stayed silent for a good couple of months, reading everything and working out how this place operates. I made the odd post here and there but I learnt from other peoples mistakes. Unfortunately there were LOTS and this is only increasing. I applaud the mods on here, if I were them I would be banning people left, right and centre. You made a posting error - BAN, you sound like a Suzie - BAN, you can't use there/their/they're correctly - BAN, You Use Obnoxious Typing Like This, oR lyKKe DiS - BAN, BAN, BAN!!!! There would be virtually no one left ;)
All messaging boards/forums operate differently, I think it is respectful when you join one, to find out their specific rules and idiosyncrasies before you make a fool of yourself or annoy the other posters. In the same way you told her she could have ignored your post, you could have ignored hers. She is the one with the experience and the respect from the other members. At the moment newbies are mainly just irritating, until they're not newbies any more ;)

Drop it, simply just drop it.

Wise old girl. I love you more every day. Some people just can't appreciate my teasing ; )

I am not looking for sympathy from complete and total strangers. I was justified in posting my opinion on this thread and I am perfectly justified in defending myself.
As far as my understanding goes, this is a message board to talk about cheerleading, correct? Not to harass every minor mistake a newbie makes. If I am being mocked, I am going to stand up for myself - simple as that. I don't care if I have the minority opinion in this situation, I don't believe it's right to bully someone in person or over the internet. If our roles had been reversed and someone experienced and respected on here had posted a reply in the same situation as I was and I said the same thing to her, I'm sure everyone would still let me know how irritating I was.

Wise old girl. I love you more every day. Some people just can't appreciate my teasing ; )
Is your teasing like a good glass of wine? You come to appreciate it more with age ;)

Sending the love-fest back right atchya ;) Just finished choreo-ing my re-do at 3:40am, but it's thanks to you and your help that I have got it done

Is your teasing like a good glass of wine? You come to appreciate it more with age ;)

Sending the love-fest back right atchya ;) Just finished choreo-ing my re-do at 3:40am, but it's thanks to you and your help that I have got it done

It is definitely an acquired taste ; )

I can't wait to see a video of the finished product! I'm excited to see it all work out. ETA: And it was nothing, you had it all figured out anyway xoxo

I'm sure everyone would still let me know how irritating I was.
Cool, NOW it is irritating.

It is definitely an acquired taste ; )

I can't wait to see a video of the finished product! I'm excited to see it all work out. ETA: And it was nothing, you had it all figured out anyway xoxo
Yes I think you 'acquire' that taste at an older age ;)

It wont be too long for the video, competition is in 6 weeks - eeeeeeeek!!! What I have now is totally different to before, but it has done me a favour as it hits the scoresheet even more :)

You made a posting error - BAN, you sound like a Suzie - BAN, you can't use there/their/they're correctly - BAN, You Use Obnoxious Typing Like This, oR lyKKe DiS - BAN, BAN, BAN!!!! There would be virtually no one left ;)

We can both agree that a mod shouldn't come and ban cupieqt for not tagging me in a post correctly. Because it was a simple mistake, just like mine was. But apparently, it isn't so bad to gang up on someone for posting their opinions, just at the wrong time.
And this was by no means meant to be a cat fight on my part, I feel as though I am simply defending myself in a totally justified way. Yes, we could have both chosen to ignore this, but again - if the roles were reversed, the same thing would still be happening to me. Just because people don't know me on here, doesn't mean I'm in the wrong or shouldn't be able to post my opinion and defense.

If I had called you "honey" or told you to "pull out your wedgie" in my last post, you would not be so lighthearted.

Lmao that was funny! And I'm from the south, everyone is honey. I need to use the wedgie one again, lemme go write that down.

And fyi I did just pull out my wedgie. Been sitting down for awhile....

Back