All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2rftt6p.jpg

Big Red loves the GP uniform. She said it was super comfy (I was worried that the mesh would be itchy). The 'sports bra' idea made it so easy to get kids into 2nd uniforms for crossovers. I was worried about the choker, but it actually fits pretty lose so it wasn't an issue. She also said having the open shoulders made it cooler (as in temperature) so she didn't get so hot.

I didn't originally like the GP uniform when I first saw it; but at this angle I think it's gorgeous!

CEA Roanoke all has the same uniform, which is definitely helpful since we have crossovers between junior/senior teams. This is my CP, and I'm just thrilled that uniform is flattering on different body types. The back just has Roanoke across the sports bra.

CP does not have a huge worry with the sports bra issue people have been discussing, but I haven't heard complaints on our team. One of her teammates is a C cup and had no problems.

3d1fbd1ec9d6e33d4cbe04659c70ca29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like: That teams from all levels get to be recognized with unique, team specific uniforms - all athletes are important.
Dislike: Basically every uniform

Not trying to hate, I am really trying to like these but I cannot. I'm just underwhelmed and I don't like cutouts or chokers or tiny little straps with off the shoulder sleeves. Sorry.

It's sad that after seeing the majority of new uniforms from this year and last year I want USASF to make strict guidelines. If you take the logo off most of these uniforms and take a photo from the chest up, they look like evening gowns. They aren't even cutouts anymore. Bare shoulders, bare backs - it is just ridiculous to me, and most of them would be gorgeous with full sleeves and backs.
I can't buy the ventilation excuse. Help us all if the male athletes start showing up with full shoulder and back cutouts, and I would argue that they sweat more than the female athletes. Gymnasts wear full leotards and are able to get through their routines just fine.
Thank you to gyms like Brandon, USA, Rays and PA for keeping some sanity in uniforms!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Now I am out of the cheer world and in the ballroom dance world I can make comparisions
One thing I like about ballroom is that there are extremely strict rules for the under 12's on how they dress for comps, they are not allowed fake lashes and no bling or cut outs apart from approved necklines and sleeves. If they do not abide they are not allowed to be judged until the issue is fixed.

I love this rule and I think USASF could make rules similar in fact dressmakers are making more money in the under 12 as they need regulation dresses and as it is hard to get a cheap option.
One objection I hear from cheer is stricter rules may not let teams stand out in uniform design but I think let your skills do the talking and people will stand out from different colours.

I will add though once they reach 12 all h**l breaks loose as making up for lost time

Last edited:
Hmm... I can see both sides. I think what CEA did is pretty cool and they claim the shell sportsbras do provide support. I would be ok if my kid wore those. But I would probably prefer just a "normal" full top with no cutouts or mesh. :)

For anyone interested, here is the CEA Raleigh gym-wide uniform (without any instagram filters) on my CP:

22469504166_7702e88209_b.jpg

We didn't have the crossover piece in time for showcase, sorry about that. All I can say is that it doesn't look like any of the ones posted so far. :)

ETA: The back:

21881177574_e4eb22cbc2_b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality; it's a screenshot of a video from my phone. I haven't taken good pics of her in uniform yet because it's too big. (I ordered a full size up thinking it would be a skort and/or run small. Oops!)

Last edited:
I love how people still go on about how you can't wear a bra under the liner.. If you just read it's said a million times the sports bra is the uni and go on top of the liner. I wasn't a big fan at first, because of that issue, but now I'm really impressed with the idea!

There's still a few I'm not sold on, but I love youth elite, C4, the raleigh gym wide uni(the teal is stunning). And my fav(though I think not posted here?) is for sure senior 4.2 angels!

I REALLY wish GP's uniform had a solid stomach instead of a mesh one. And I wish that more of the uniforms had solid back (or at the very least, thick lines like the LOT uniform).

Maybe a solid black skirt would have been better to pair with each uniform, since it's easier to build a more unique uniform starting with that as opposed to a skirt with detail. They did a FABULOUS job at making the bodyliners work, though.

I love how people still go on about how you can't wear a bra under the liner.. If you just read it's said a million times the sports bra is the uni and go on top of the liner. I wasn't a big fan at first, because of that issue, but now I'm really impressed with the idea!

There's still a few I'm not sold on, but I love youth elite, C4, the raleigh gym wide uni(the teal is stunning). And my fav(though I think not posted here?) is for sure senior 4.2 angels!

It's still not a legitimate sports bra though. If it doesn't have proper straps it doesn't have proper support. You can't hold the girls up with a choker.

I was sold on this until I saw a gifted athlete perform and honestly, there is no way she was supported enough. At one point I was scared she was gonna hit herself. For the average athlete, I think this is enough---but the gifted athletes on the team are still SOL. My boobs legitimately hurt after watching the performance.

The only issue I have with the unis is I don't feel like the teals are all the same, and the OCD in me hates that. I'm sure it's because of fabric types or whatever, but they just don't look the same at all. IMO if CEA is supposed to be teal, black, and white-those three colors should at least be consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still not a legitimate sports bra though. If it doesn't have proper straps it doesn't have proper support. You can't hold the girls up with a choker.
I was sold on this until I saw a gifted athlete perform and honestly, there is no way she was supported enough. At one point I was scared she was gonna hit herself. For the average athlete, I think this is enough---but the gifted athletes on the team are still SOL. My boobs legitimately hurt after watching the performance.

I haven't watched enough teams to see how it performs, but from peoples post it sounds like they just haven't read it's incorporated in the uni, and that's what got me tbh. I wish it had more/wider straps and shoulders but I feel like until I have to wear it, I'm not in the position to whine about it haha.

I haven't watched enough teams to see how it performs, but from peoples post it sounds like they just haven't read it's incorporated in the uni, and that's what got me tbh. I wish it had more/wider straps and shoulders but I feel like until I have to wear it, I'm not in the position to whine about it haha.

Ask anyone who is well-endowed and they will tell you that a built-in bra doesn't offer much support.

Back