All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gorgeous colors and design. Just 3 edits that need to happen.

1) Chokers: remove them.

2) Add 3 inches of length to the shorts.

3) Fix that mesh stomach. While it somewhat works for this design, abdominal mesh has no place in a full top.

Disagree on number three. I think stomach mesh can be done nicely in small amounts as it is done here. But there's no reason the entire stomach should be covered in mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus stay-to-play is insane sometimes. I remember one mom on here was looking at spending about 1300 *just* in hotel rooms for Dallas--which was about 300 dollars more than my entire four-day vacation to Disney World this past September.
yup. STP is killing it for me. The very same hotel I booked in Dallas in 2013 has increased about $170/night once you include the taxes. And you can't even use a housing exemption form anymore because you can't book a hotel downtown directly - they won't even take a reservation. This is true for most STP comps, but Dallas has shown the biggest price increase. I don't even encourage people to join all star cheer due to the amount I pay per year now, and I have a lot of people ask about it each year - which is a shame because my gym fees have barely increased. Thanks Varsity.

yup. STP is killing it for me. The very same hotel I booked in Dallas in 2013 has increased about $170/night once you include the taxes. And you can't even use a housing exemption form anymore because you can't book a hotel downtown directly - they won't even take a reservation. This is true for most STP comps, but Dallas has shown the biggest price increase. I don't even encourage people to join all star cheer due to the amount I pay per year now, and I have a lot of people ask about it each year - which is a shame because my gym fees have barely increased. Thanks Varsity.

I'm still trying to figure out how every other sport does STP (baseball, volleyball, hockey, etc), but it seems to be so much more of an issue in cheer. Maybe just because it's still new in our world? Or Varsity is just doing a bad job at negotiating rates. Is STP this bad with other EP's that do it?

Plus stay-to-play is insane sometimes. I remember one mom on here was looking at spending about 1300 *just* in hotel rooms for Dallas--which was about 300 dollars more than my entire four-day vacation to Disney World this past September.
Dallas gets more expensive every year. After the bad weather last year, I can't imagine staying anywhere but by the convention center. That being said, I still haven't booked my room yet I'm hoping some rooms open downtown.

I'm still trying to figure out how every other sport does STP (baseball, volleyball, hockey, etc), but it seems to be so much more of an issue in cheer. Maybe just because it's still new in our world? Or Varsity is just doing a bad job at negotiating rates. Is STP this bad with other EP's that do it?

Two of my boys have played travel baseball for years (my youngest is in his senior year). ONCE, over all those years, we were encouraged to stay at a hotel in a small town in exchange for their tournament support.

This is truly disheartening to hear. There's no way I could ever afford to enroll the children I'm never having in all star cheer. It was such a huge, positive thing in my life and it would stink if I couldn't afford to give them the same opportunity to experience it.

I really wonder what it would realistically take to see things like STP changed. I know money talks but how much? How many people would have to boycott events to see this get changed? How do you stand up and be heard when you're fighting against a monopoly?

This is truly disheartening to hear. There's no way I could ever afford to enroll the children I'm never having in all star cheer. It was such a huge, positive thing in my life and it would stink if I couldn't afford to give them the same opportunity to experience it.

I really wonder what it would realistically take to see things like STP changed. I know money talks but how much? How many people would have to boycott events to see this get changed? How do you stand up and be heard when you're fighting against a monopoly?

I think it would have to start on a gym level. Kind of like a parent revolt! We want bra friendly uniforms, not be ripped off on comp fees and we don't want to go to STP comps. Would it ever happen? Not sure. Or if a rival gym opened and they advertiesed they will have bra friendly uniforms, reasonable comp fees and no (or only 1) STP comp. I would consider it for sure! :)

There are several things breaking my cheer bank. Travel is the biggest. Apparel is getting up there, though. Our uniforms have always been "affordable." But I've seen optional specialty items that are priced outrageously over the last couple of years. So far, these items have been optional...but it makes me sad that I have to say no to a lovely $120 warm-up jacket. I think, in this case, it's priced high due to stoning and such, but it seems like uniform companies are working hard to offer super over-the-top designs that wow, but are prohibitively expensive for the average customer (when added to the whole cheer package).

Eta: not to mention the $1000+ apparel package required by our high school program that includes things like Hanes t-shirts with screen printing. *side-eye* And I KNOW the high school isn't marking up apparel. (They can choose cheaper options, obviously).

Last edited:

It has to be on the gym level, and it is a very slippery slope. I don't fault my gym for going to NCA. NCA is a fantastic competition and is one of the few competitions where you are going to compete against the majority of your competition at Worlds/Summit. I like NCA far more than I like Cheersport. I like UCA better than both but not as many teams go. It would take several of the top gyms to say, "we aren't coming to NCA because it is too expensive for our customers" in order for things to change. In most cases parents have 2 choices - pay or leave, so I pay, but I am not exaggerating when I say that NCA will cost my CP and I over $2,000 for 4 days and that is with zero extra spending.
We normally fly in on Thursday since the weather can be a concern. I will not be doing so this year, because I am not spending an additional $300+ for an extra night and I'm just so pissed over the cost increase.
I just went to the website for the hotel we are staying at in Dallas. Through STP my room rate is $289/night not including taxes and fees (or parking). Here are their rates for the entire months of Febrary and March. Yup - I feel violated!
magnolia.jpg

It has to be on the gym level, and it is a very slippery slope. I don't fault my gym for going to NCA. NCA is a fantastic competition and is one of the few competitions where you are going to compete against the majority of your competition at Worlds/Summit. I like NCA far more than I like Cheersport. I like UCA better than both but not as many teams go. It would take several of the top gyms to say, "we aren't coming to NCA because it is too expensive for our customers" in order for things to change. In most cases parents have 2 choices - pay or leave, so I pay, but I am not exaggerating when I say that NCA will cost my CP and I over $2,000 for 4 days and that is with zero extra spending.
We normally fly in on Thursday since the weather can be a concern. I will not be doing so this year, because I am not spending an additional $300+ for an extra night and I'm just so pissed over the cost increase.
I just went to the website for the hotel we are staying at in Dallas. Through STP my room rate is $289/night not including taxes and fees (or parking). Here are their rates for the entire months of Febrary and March. Yup - I feel violated!View attachment 860

Hmm... but even if it wasn't STP, wouldn't most hotels up their rates when they know there are big events going on in the city? Isn't that normal practice? Not saing I agree with STP, I just want to learn more about it all.

I just went to the website for the hotel we are staying at in Dallas. Through STP my room rate is $289/night not including taxes and fees (or parking). Here are their rates for the entire months of Febrary and March. Yup - I feel violated!View attachment 860

That is so depressing for the future of this sport.

Not to mention the airlines have finally caught on to NCA weekend. If you look at Virgin America, the weekend of the 18th is way more expensive than the rest of the month. Flying on the 18th is $184, with the rest of the day being $99 or $104.
But then when you click the 18th, the returning flight on Monday goes from $104 to $192!
(this is flying LAX to Dallas)

Disagree on number three. I think stomach mesh can be done nicely in small amounts as it is done here. But there's no reason the entire stomach should be covered in mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. They even have the decals placed to cover the belly button. The mesh also seems quite thick which I like.

Back