All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

flOEa1l.jpg

no weird mesh cut outs woo!!

Don't thank Varsity; thank the countless customers that have bought into STP year after year and given Varsity a reason to continue it.
I will wholeheartedly disagree with you, since I am the customer. I don't now and never have "bought into" STP. I am forced to use it if my child wants to compete at the level she is used to competing at. STP didn't exist when my kids joined this sport. If it had I likely would have pulled them before it became a lifestyle to them, but as a parent I feel it is completely unfair to do that to my kid now.
I'm probably madder than I should be at this comment - perhaps you aren't involved in all stars and have no idea about the effects that STP has had, but putting the blame on the customer is extremely offensive to me.

I will wholeheartedly disagree with you, since I am the customer. I don't now and never have "bought into" STP. I am forced to use it if my child wants to compete at the level she is used to competing at. STP didn't exist when my kids joined this sport. If it had I likely would have pulled them before it became a lifestyle to them, but as a parent I feel it is completely unfair to do that to my kid now.
I'm probably madder than I should be at this comment - perhaps you aren't involved in all stars and have no idea about the effects that STP has had, but putting the blame on the customer is extremely offensive to me.
I should have specified: customers, as in gyms. If your gym decides that they want to buy into STP, all of the gym's participating families basically get dragged into it. If gyms start considering what a beating people's wallets are taking because of it and refuse to fund it, it'll be gone. But they don't, and parents are forced to suffer.

Last edited:
That comment may hit you in the stomach but it's true. Stp is here for good until gyms stop going or parents boycott the gyms that go. It is a real unforunate situation and I too would struggle to keep a child from cheer due to stp although that is indirectly reinforcing stp to continue.

That comment may hit you in the stomach but it's true. Stp is here for good until gyms stop going or parents boycott the gyms that go. It is a real unforunate situation and I too would struggle to keep a child from cheer due to stp although that is indirectly reinforcing stp to continue.
I say gyms need to boycott; it is HIGHLY unlikely that at least the majority of a team of parents will say no, especially if it is a prestigious team.

So I've been looking at driving to Indy to watch the Majors and I know Jamfest Indy is STP. Since I might stay one night but I'm not competing so I don't have to follow STP, out of curiosity I picked out two connected hotels and compared their prices. To check in Friday and leave Monday (like most teams competing would): Embassy suites is listed at $234/night on the Jam site and on Embassy's website the cheapest room is $309/night. Crowne Plaza was listed at $206 but the Plaza's website says cheapest is $243. Maybe because it's nowhere near as big as NCA or Cheersport, or the hotels just haven't caught on yet, but nonetheless I found it interesting..

From the way I understand it (And the CEA Mom's who actually have a kid wearing them Drop, RaRa, megsmom and Lisa) have all commented on how the interchangeable pieces worked. The theory of having a special piece for each team while keeping it affordable to the parents was a success in practice on Sunday.

An athlete on 2 teams has 4 of the 5 potential pieces, exactly the same and is set for two team uniforms and 2 team practice outfits. (Example....GP bra, C4 bra, mesh liner and bottom) for around $400. The pieces are being used as their uniform and a practice outfit. People on a third team paid another $75. For comparison, last year our uniforms were in the $300 range. So this year's teams got 2 practice outfits and 2 uniforms for $400. (Not including the YE or any Worlds team uniform) Also if you think about next year, you're on Coed Excel this year and next year your kid makes C4, with this structure all you have to do is buy a used C4 bra from another kid or order a new one for $75. (Again to be used as uniform over the liner and your practice top)

I'll add my 2 cents (Again not having a kid who wore one) too. I was skeptical when I first heard the concept. But, after looking closely at one Sunday I have to admit it was a brilliant idea. I was curious if the mesh was scratchy so I asked kids as they were coming and going from the tailgate and not one of them said they were. Varsity must have changed their mesh vendor's and that's a good thing.

I'm going to attempt to add a picture with my phone. Stay tuned!
That's a lot of money! Ours was $289!

Not to mention the airlines have finally caught on to NCA weekend. If you look at Virgin America, the weekend of the 18th is way more expensive than the rest of the month. Flying on the 18th is $184, with the rest of the day being $99 or $104.
But then when you click the 18th, the returning flight on Monday goes from $104 to $192!
(this is flying LAX to Dallas)

The airlines have computer algorithms that set the price based on demand. At this point, supply is low, so prices are high. There's not a a cheer mom working for the airline telling them to jack up prices lol.

@mstealtoyou , is no one concerned about durability using them as practice wear as well? I just don't know how that would work out for my CP. Her practice wear takes a beating, I don't think stoning would hold up. I also highly doubt the mystic would be the same after washing it at least once a week.

I know you're not talking to me but I wanted to chime in that it's not meant to be that kind of practice wear. It's meant to replace the expensive practice wear worn at big away competitions. (NCA.. Summit etc) Not to be worn at home.

From the beginning I have had concerns about how it might smell if worn alone during a heavy practice before a comp. That makes me uneasy.. But then again my 10 year old doesn't really have body odor yet so I don't have to worry.

The airlines have computer algorithms that set the price based on demand. At this point, supply is low, so prices are high. There's not a a cheer mom working for the airline telling them to jack up prices lol.

I wasn't saying that but cute that you try to make fun of me. I'm saying the airlines see the trend and NCA seems to now be a weekend that flights to Dallas are in demand.

I wasn't saying that but cute that you try to make fun of me. I'm saying the airlines see the trend and NCA seems to now be a weekend that flights to Dallas are in demand.

I'm not trying to make fun of you. I'm saying there are computer algorithms that change the price based on supply and demand and buying tickets in November for NCA is actually pretty late so supply is now low so prices get jacked up. There are probably plenty of tickets available for other weekends which is why they're cheaper.

But yes, I was a little cheeky in my response, it seemed funny in my head. I apologize.

Last edited:
I should have specified: customers, as in gyms. If your gym decides that they want to buy into STP, all of the gym's participating families basically get dragged into it. If gyms start considering what a beating people's wallets are taking because of it and refuse to fund it, it'll be gone. But they don't, and parents are forced to suffer.

From what I have heard from a Cheersport executive, STP is not something they gyms are a part of or the competition companies. For example, Cheersport Atlanta is the 5th highest grossing event in Atlanta each year. STP is required by the city so that they can keep track of how much $$ the event is bringing into the city. It's for numbers, all about stats. Also, I've compared pricing before. The hotel we stayed in last year at cheersport was discounted about half the price of what it would have been if I were to book directly through the hotel. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind the STP. Now, some gyms will require you to use gym blocks even if the event isn't a STP. That I don't care for too much.

Latest posts

Back