All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hmm... but even if it wasn't STP, wouldn't most hotels up their rates when they know there are big events going on in the city? Isn't that normal practice? Not saing I agree with STP, I just want to learn more about it all.

Doesn't STP limit where your can and can't stay? People could potentially stay with relatives, find cheaper hotels and cheaper traveling solutions. If someone found a hotel for $100/night they could potentially stay longer to accommodate a cheaper flight in or out - potentially saving a few hundred dollars, even by staying longer. Without STP it seems like you have much more flexibility in how you spend your money.

....and this is why im glad i got out of the sport before it essentially blew up so to speak, my last year was 2008. my parents would have said "absolutely not" to me doing allstar cheer now a days because of the costs.
i questioned CEA big announcement on not traveling anymore especially considering the timing of the announcement, etc. but i dont blame them one bit looking on it now.

....and this is why im glad i got out of the sport before it essentially blew up so to speak, my last year was 2008. my parents would have said "absolutely not" to me doing allstar cheer now a days because of the costs.
i questioned CEA big announcement on not traveling anymore especially considering the timing of the announcement, etc. but i dont blame them one bit looking on it now.

The timing of their announcement was definitely questionable, but I applaud them for taking that stand. I have a feeling if a few more of the CEA sized gym took that stand, we'd see some changes to NCA.

The timing of their announcement was definitely questionable, but I applaud them for taking that stand. I have a feeling if a few more of the CEA sized gym took that stand, we'd see some changes to NCA.

I understand why you question it; but if you look at the timing of what it was before (a couple of weeks before tryouts), instead of what it came after (NCA insanity); it makes sense imo. I am surprised that more gyms didn't follow suit, considering the fact that some of the east coast gyms were battling to get out of their own storm and fly into Dallas' lovely weather (LOL) . I was stressed just reading all of the FB travel stories and we didn't even go!

I understand why you question it; but if you look at the timing of what it was before (a couple of weeks before tryouts), instead of what it came after (NCA insanity); it makes sense imo. I am surprised that more gyms didn't follow suit, considering the fact that some of the east coast gyms were battling to get out of their own storm and fly into Dallas' lovely weather (LOL) . I was stressed just reading all of the FB travel stories and we didn't even go!

That's also true when you think about that perspective, I just remember it causing a lot of uproar because of the SE thing.

From the way I understand it (And the CEA Mom's who actually have a kid wearing them Drop, RaRa, megsmom and Lisa) have all commented on how the interchangeable pieces worked. The theory of having a special piece for each team while keeping it affordable to the parents was a success in practice on Sunday.

An athlete on 2 teams has 4 of the 5 potential pieces, exactly the same and is set for two team uniforms and 2 team practice outfits. (Example....GP bra, C4 bra, mesh liner and bottom) for around $400. The pieces are being used as their uniform and a practice outfit. People on a third team paid another $75. For comparison, last year our uniforms were in the $300 range. So this year's teams got 2 practice outfits and 2 uniforms for $400. (Not including the YE or any Worlds team uniform) Also if you think about next year, you're on Coed Excel this year and next year your kid makes C4, with this structure all you have to do is buy a used C4 bra from another kid or order a new one for $75. (Again to be used as uniform over the liner and your practice top)

I'll add my 2 cents (Again not having a kid who wore one) too. I was skeptical when I first heard the concept. But, after looking closely at one Sunday I have to admit it was a brilliant idea. I was curious if the mesh was scratchy so I asked kids as they were coming and going from the tailgate and not one of them said they were. Varsity must have changed their mesh vendor's and that's a good thing.

I'm going to attempt to add a picture with my phone. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
@mstealtoyou

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446143380.882535.jpg

I mean yeah uniforms are expensive, but least most programs keep their uniform for about three years. Competitions fees alone for the program my neice CP is at .. is almost 2,000 which does not include airfare or hotels. Granted she was able to fund raise about half, but I think this is a huge issue we should be more angry about.

Since I know people are doing the math since our uniforms are being discussed......I just wanted to note our fee's are not quite half that. I'm sorry, I know how hard it is to make $2,000!!

yup. STP is killing it for me. The very same hotel I booked in Dallas in 2013 has increased about $170/night once you include the taxes. And you can't even use a housing exemption form anymore because you can't book a hotel downtown directly - they won't even take a reservation. This is true for most STP comps, but Dallas has shown the biggest price increase. I don't even encourage people to join all star cheer due to the amount I pay per year now, and I have a lot of people ask about it each year - which is a shame because my gym fees have barely increased. Thanks Varsity.
Don't thank Varsity; thank the countless customers that have bought into STP year after year and given Varsity a reason to continue it.

Kenley is such an adorable kid, spitting image of Courtney!

CEA's new stuff is expensive now, bu it'll save lots of money in the long run (as long as they wait several years before changing it).

Last edited:
@mstealtoyou , is no one concerned about durability using them as practice wear as well? I just don't know how that would work out for my CP. Her practice wear takes a beating, I don't think stoning would hold up. I also highly doubt the mystic would be the same after washing it at least once a week.

I was thinking of this as well. One "sports bra" would not last me multiple seasons. I would probably end up buying two - one for comp, one for practice. I used to go HAM at practice :p

Although I was thinking maybe its practice wear for special occasions like Worlds and the majors and cheersport? Instead of getting apparel for each comp, they just use the uniform top for all?

@mstealtoyou , is no one concerned about durability using them as practice wear as well? I just don't know how that would work out for my CP. Her practice wear takes a beating, I don't think stoning would hold up. I also highly doubt the mystic would be the same after washing it at least once a week.

I haven't heard anybody say that yet. I guess we won't know until half way through the year how durable it will be. At first thought I'm very optimistic it's going to be fine!!! Check in with me in Feb/March. lol

I was thinking of this as well. One "sports bra" would not last me multiple seasons. I would probably end up buying two - one for comp, one for practice. I used to go HAM at practice :p

Although I was thinking maybe its practice wear for special occasions like Worlds and the majors and cheersport? Instead of getting apparel for each comp, they just use the uniform top for all?

Well the bra's are affordable so you could definitely have chosen that option.

I think you're right......More so for traveling practices (Louisville, Cheersport, UCA, Summit), nights when JTV is filming the team, but, could be used once a month for in gym practice attire if they team chose to. Probably up to the team mom how often they're worn.

Back