All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is unfair to say. They come out to defend their brand, team and their creation. I think that the coach and uniform designer have every right to speak up when in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't the first time he or other designers of uniforms from TG have come out, guns blazing to "defend" a uniform that, IMO, doesn't need defending. Especially this time. Majority of posts said it was beautiful and I would have went on assuming the girls were wearing flesh colored sports bras or the back was lined and continued on my merry way and the conversation would have ended. Instead it's drawn out and people get upset and everyone who dislikes the uniform is considered a prude, old lady with saggy boobs who has no eye for creativity or "the artistry" of the uniform.

True but consider this, had Chris not said anything would anyone still be talking about this uniform? Probably not. I think BlueCat handled it the best when CA released their new uniforms and it got mixed reviews---I think he did one post about the teams liking it and that was that.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

But, did any of "us" stop talking about it either? Lol! I think his replies have been honest and thoughtful and that he is not being salty.

As I have mentioned before I come to cheer from a theatrical background and I have loved pretty much every TG uni I have ever seen and I think that the drsigners have a very unique eye and knack consistently designing memorable uniforms. I remember one of them coming in and explaining the process of building in support for larger athletes a couple of years ago ( with the removable strappy TGLC uniform) and several of the athletes have backed it.

I understand that some do not agree and I definitely understand the need for support (I have DD's since sixth grade) but I chose to believe the coaches and designers when they say it is built in if needed.

The gyms that I question are the ones who leave it all on the athlete to find something that might work. I would much rather have support built in that being stuck with non supportive clear plastic bras or whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like TG as a program, but I dislike their uniform style. I always have.
In the last decade, they haven't put out a uni that I think covers enough skin.

I feel like a broken record saying this all the dang time, but how is cheer ever going to be taken seriously as a sport if teams insist on wearing unis made of the least amount of material possible?

I like TG as a program, but I dislike their uniform style. I always have.
In the last decade, they haven't put out a uni that I think covers enough skin.

I feel like a broken record saying this all the dang time, but how is cheer ever going to be taken seriously as a sport if teams insist on wearing unis made of the least amount of material possible?
I can think of more than several TG unis in the past decade that covered a normal amount of skin. Unless you don't think 95% of Allstar unis don't cover enough skin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I can think of more than several TG unis in the past decade that covered a normal amount of skin. Unless you don't think 95% of Allstar unis don't cover enough skin.

Girl keep this up and Im sure I'll be responsible for half your shimmies this month.

I disagree, I find TG's uniforms quite skimpy. I highly doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

And damn straight I think that most current allstar unis show too much skin.

I don't know... it makes me kinda of uncomfortable having USASF make a rule defining the coverage of our uniforms. I feel this should be in the power of gyms.

I disagree, I find TG's uniforms quite skimpy. I highly doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

And damn straight I think that most current allstar unis show too much skin.
Just a few that come to mind, there are definitely quite a few others that I can think of that are very far from "skimpy". This is a normal amount of skin for allstar, even before the recent craze of uniforms lol.

50b9dfe7-63e3-472d-a45c-5e34ba1eb155_zpsowyv3owb.jpg

Just a few that come to mind, there are definitely quite a few others that I can think of that are very far from "skimpy". This is a normal amount of skin for allstar, even before the recent craze of uniforms lol.

50b9dfe7-63e3-472d-a45c-5e34ba1eb155_zpsowyv3owb.jpg
Sigh.
The top one has cutouts on the shoulders, they all have very teeny shorts, and the crop-top length is a little short for me. We can't see the backs in the pictures, and I can't recall if any of these were backless.

I just don't love the TG style, and I think it's very obvious that I'm not the only one. With all due respect, you're not going to change my mind any time soon.

Last edited:
Back