All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could care less if someone doesn't like a Top Gun uniform. Chris came on here to explain the thought behind the Angel's uniform and a poster made it her personal mission to insult him. He even apologized about misspeaking about a bra solution and again gave an explanation about the whole "bra" consultation that went on about the uniform and was insulted again. Even a former Lady Jag came on to clarify her own personal experience as a D-DD blessed athlete and that wasn't enough.

I mean this with all seriousness, and concur with @ErinS, if you are truly concerned (and I believe the poster is) about developed or developing female athletes in these uniforms, than stop ranting, form some type of committee and truly pursue this issue. Crop tops are now only allowed on Senior/International teams so it seems to be parents who are concerned can be heard. There seem to be a lot of folks on this board who also take this very seriously so you have people who will support this type of initiative.
:caring:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could care less if someone doesn't like a Top Gun uniform. Chris came on here to explain the thought behind the Angel's uniform and a poster made it her personal mission to insult him. He even apologized about misspeaking about a bra solution and again gave an explanation about the whole "bra" consultation that went on about the uniform and was insulted again. Even a former Lady Jag came on to clarify her own personal experience as a D-DD blessed athlete and that wasn't enough.

I mean this with all seriousness, and concur with @ErinS, if you are truly concerned (and I believe the poster is) about developed or developing female athletes in these uniforms, than stop ranting, form some type of committee and truly pursue this issue. Crop tops are now only allowed on Senior/International teams so it seems to be parents who are concerned can be heard. There seem to be a lot of folks on this board who also take this very seriously so you have people who will support this type of initiative.
No one is insulting anyone. I don't know where you get that from. Saying they are ill informed or acting unprofessionally is not insulting someone. It is unprofessional to be passive aggressive and snarky while representing yourself as industry professional. Calling him on that is NOT insulting.

We can not claim to be a sport when we're worried more about our backs showing for "fashion" then wearing proper undergarments. It's high impact, this shouldn't even have to be a discussion but here we are fighting the battle.

THIS PEOPLE. If we want cheer to be considered a sport, then take it seriously enough to be able to wear a bra.

Please. or I seriously may consider saying no if my future children ever ask to do all star (among a plethora of other reasons to add to why I'd say no.)

All these posters are like Betelgeuse... say Top Gun three times and they come out of the woodwork to stir the pot. Like I have loved plenty of controversial TG uniforms over the years but it's like y'all come here and purposely start a problem every time you get a new uniform to tell us our opinions don't matter if we aren't wearing the uniform.. but like that's the purpose of this thread? so just don't hang out with us here in this thread and you're good.
Off topic but I've never seen beetle juice spelled like that and I like it lol

Ok I'm seriously running low on popcorn and try to pack while anxiously awaiting to board my flight to Dallas (tomorrow but anxiety always kicks in early).... Can we move on... Lol points have been taken from all sides and in the end everyone needs to agree to disagree and leave it at that... There are more worrisome things to debate about and there's definitely other threads (or start a new thread) lol I wanna see uniform pics and quick "like" or "dislikes" lol
:popcorn:
On a side note: I will take the TG Angels uniform any day (if my jiggles didn't have their own independent jiggles) over some other uniforms that are just sad/tasteless/tacky and so on even if they offered more boobish support...

Ps (I am not biased, yes top gun is my fave Florida gym and god knows I would love to move there tomorrow!! Lol but in reality I've seen worse this season alone in what I'd like to call really bad uniform decisions)

Cheer Rules Change Form - Formstack

For those of you that really want to change the current uniform rules. Get together three USASF-members and submit a rule change proposal.

Hint: submit one that is very extreme (for example more or less the uniform rules Sweden has) and one that would at least be a start in order to help with the bra issue (females must be able to wear a standard racerback sports bra with uniform). The extreme one will probably not go through, and people will be relieved there is a more reasonable one.

Cheer Rules Change Form - Formstack

For those of you that really want to change the current uniform rules. Get together three USASF-members and submit a rule change proposal.

Hint: submit one that is very extreme (for example more or less the uniform rules Sweden has) and one that would at least be a start in order to help with the bra issue (females must be able to wear a standard racerback sports bra with uniform). The extreme one will probably not go through, and people will be relieved there is a more reasonable one.

Never thought about our uni rules as extreme, maybe they are. :p We actually have an off the shoulder uni, I tried with all my might to have people on my team vote for a normal one, no luck.. I was told there are nude sports bras that I could use, problem is the strap is pretty much as a regular bra and wouldn't suffice. I live with pulling one of the straps down on my regular sports bra, but it's not comfy nor really supportive but what can I do really.. But it's for sure better than a lot of the unis on here.

I think a lot of y'all are reading things in different voices then the intent and that can easily cloud what was or wasn't written. That said, Chris I'm glad your Angels figured out a better bra option. That said, I do think it's a little tongue and cheek to say "an issue that doesn't affect others" because it kinda does---okay, maybe not me because our gym doesn't do crazy uniforms----but when you're apart of a program like Top Gun (or Cali or CA or CEA or any other big megagym...insert the blank) other programs are watching to see what YOU are doing to emulate it. Is it fair or should you have the weight of the future of cheer uniforms---no, but let's be real, that aspect can't be ignored. In the cheer world you're like Beyonce or Britney Spears---people are watching because they want to be like y'all. I appreciate your honesty, like I said before, but this is issue is much bigger than just this one uniforms and you honestly got the brunt of what has been said and repeated over and over and over again up until this point. I wish y'all good luck through the rest of your season! CP met a few of the Angels last year in Tampa and they were the sweetest ever.

@CandC5p if you don't mind, what is the alternative that they found (if you know)? Is it an actual bra with different straps or is it truly built in to the uniform with bands and cups? I'm truly curious because if there really is an option I think a lot of gyms could also either find the bra or uniform companies could incorporate it into their uniforms to help.

Of course it would need to be studied to see if it really prevented tissue tear, but that could be the start of finding a solution to this if it's legit.

then dont get involved in the sport, if you seem to find the uniforms your children (?) might have to wear in the future will be detrimental to their health.
personally i think you could find a light enough nude color bra to wear with the angels uniform. As far as sticky bras go, those things suck and are useless in my opinion anytime ive ever worn them, so i can only imagine how they would work when girls are stunting and tumbling. However if top gun tested that theory out and the girls approved, then its their decision.

My cp is on a level 2 team so no massive tumbling other than BHS and she tried one of these bras mentioned that we got from VS. She is small chested. She said by the time she got to the third mat in warm ups she ripped the thing out because it was totally useless. She went without!

@CandC5p - Thanks for the insight into your uniform design process.

I appreciate being able to wear a sports bra, but it appears that some athletes don't mind. Look, if the entire team is made up of girls with small busts (which is possible!) then maybe it's not an issue for them.

And, I think some would be surprised just how much some men know about female anatomy. Shocking, but my dad is the one who took me bra shopping most recently when I finally grew boobs. And he helped me pick out bras that would be comfortable. I'm not saying that men are superior to the female knowledge of their own bodies, but they're also not totally ignorant.

As I alluded to earlier, I'm not a huge fan of the TG uniforms. I think the originality is cool, but personally, I would feel naked wearing them. And, I honestly don't think some of the aspects are appropriate for cheer.

I have to admit though, all their uniforms look nice on stage.

All these posters are like Betelgeuse... say Top Gun three times and they come out of the woodwork to stir the pot. Like I have loved plenty of controversial TG uniforms over the years but it's like y'all come here and purposely start a problem every time you get a new uniform to tell us our opinions don't matter if we aren't wearing the uniform.. but like that's the purpose of this thread? so just don't hang out with us here in this thread and you're good.

This is unfair to say. They come out to defend their brand, team and their creation. I think that the coach and uniform designer have every right to speak up when in this instance.

This is unfair to say. They come out to defend their brand, team and their creation. I think that the coach and uniform designer have every right to speak up when in this instance.

True but consider this, had Chris not said anything would anyone still be talking about this uniform? Probably not. I think BlueCat handled it the best when CA released their new uniforms and it got mixed reviews---I think he did one post about the teams liking it and that was that.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

Back