All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's so weird to see CEA in a full top...
Love the large section of Teal, but I feel like they need some more white in there. I think I like it!!
That's reassuring to read! I was nervous to post this since it looks like they were going for a cut-out marathon in the back. ;)

From the newsletter: Tentative CEA Raleigh uniform for non-senior level 1-4 teams.

ABgEor.jpg

The X-man is blingy.

I'll need to see this one in person. I'm still undecided on how I feel about CP being in a skort, as they always look so short to me. On the plus side, at least she doesn't need a bra yet. :p
Lovvvveeee. I don't even mind the little piece of stomach mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the newsletter: Tentative CEA Raleigh uniform for non-senior level 1-4 teams.

ABgEor.jpg

The X-man is blingy.

I'll need to see this one in person. I'm still undecided on how I feel about CP being in a skort, as they always look so short to me. On the plus side, at least she doesn't need a bra yet. :p

Maybe I am in the minority, but I do not like these. I think the neck thing is dangerous and I don't like skorts (personal preference). Of course, this is just a prototype so I am sure it will look different once they get it on kids and make some adjustments. I'm just not wowed, not even sure what I expected. Lol

ABgEor.jpg

The X-man is blingy.

depending on where the cut outs actually fall on a human you *might* be able to work a regular-cut bra into it... hopefully. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I think the "impact" font is what gets me... CEA usually just identifies themselves with the X-man, so the letters never had their own font, but I don't like the basic letters. they just seem off/too bold with the prettiness of the uniform.

Personally, as a coach and athlete, I love skorts for one reason only. They eliminate athletes from pulling down their skirts in the routine. Because once that skirt is up, it's an eye sore and if "tillies" underneath are a different color that's all your eye is focused on. I'd rather have a skort that isn't going to budge than a skirt flipped up above your belly button. Now as a fashion designer, I love them because I have seen SO many ill fitted skirts, skorts keep a perfect fit (if made correctly). It's one thing to have a decent sized skirt but if it's "whale tailing" in the back. It looks disturbing on and off the floor. This is just my personal and professional opinion from working in this industry as a coach and uniform designer.
Yes, some may say "I think cheer should be a skirt because it's classic....etc" but if we were in that mindset of not changing things as years pass, we would still be in pleated ankle skirts and knit sweater tops. Some of you are reading this and completly rolling your eyes about everything I just wrote. But at the end of the day, we can love or hate what a gym does, yet it's never going to make a difference in the creative eye of that specific gym owner. I have grown to accept the innovative uniforms, ugly or not. Because if my creative vision came to life and I loved it and people completely bashed it, I'd be beyond upset. We don't think about what comes behind the finished product, Where the idea started, and what that gym owner wanted. It takes a team of people to design, prototype, change, change again, oh and change 50 more times to produce one uniform, and from personal experience it's devastating to me seeing clients so happy with their uniforms, then being shot down.

This is going to sound a tad tacky but every custom uniform has a story, and identity, and it all starts with a vision. It only takes one person/gym/team to step out of the box to create a multi million dollar trend.

Sorry for rambling!! Just something we should all think of .

Personally, as a coach and athlete, I love skorts for one reason only. They eliminate athletes from pulling down their skirts in the routine. Because once that skirt is up, it's an eye sore and if "tillies" underneath are a different color that's all your eye is focused on. I'd rather have a skort that isn't going to budge than a skirt flipped up above your belly button. Now as a fashion designer, I love them because I have seen SO many ill fitted skirts, skorts keep a perfect fit (if made correctly). It's one thing to have a decent sized skirt but if it's "whale tailing" in the back. It looks disturbing on and off the floor. This is just my personal and professional opinion from working in this industry as a coach and uniform designer.
Yes, some may say "I think cheer should be a skirt because it's classic....etc" but if we were in that mindset of not changing things as years pass, we would still be in pleated ankle skirts and knit sweater tops. Some of you are reading this and completly rolling your eyes about everything I just wrote. But at the end of the day, we can love or hate what a gym does, yet it's never going to make a difference in the creative eye of that specific gym owner. I have grown to accept the innovative uniforms, ugly or not. Because if my creative vision came to life and I loved it and people completely bashed it, I'd be beyond upset. We don't think about what comes behind the finished product, Where the idea started, and what that gym owner wanted. It takes a team of people to design, prototype, change, change again, oh and change 50 more times to produce one uniform, and from personal experience it's devastating to me seeing clients so happy with their uniforms, then being shot down.

This is going to sound a tad tacky but every custom uniform has a story, and identity, and it all starts with a vision. It only takes one person/gym/team to step out of the box to create a multi million dollar trend.

Sorry for rambling!! Just something we should all think of .
I agree. It took me about 2 seasons to really get used to them, but I would much rather see skorts or even shorts now than the skirt. Now if we could just do away with those capris....I have yet to see a well fitting pair on the mat.

My daughter was at a different program two years ago that had a gorgeous uniform and the bottom was actually shorts. She loved them for the reasons listed above. She has definitely had to get used to that skirt flipping up during tumbling and stunting again and says that's what she loved so much about the shorts. But I do like the classic look of a cheer skirt.

Skorts and shorts are cute, but I like skirts because I am pro choice for girls during that time of the month. I prefer a skirt to have sewn in boy shorts.

Skorts and shorts are cute, but I like skirts because I am pro choice for girls during that time of the month. I prefer a skirt to have sewn in boy shorts.
That can actually be worse during that time of month if there is an accident. Much easier to just change out the boy shorts under the skirt for a second pair than have to worry about getting the skirt wet as you wash out the built in ones.

depending on where the cut outs actually fall on a human you *might* be able to work a regular-cut bra into it... hopefully. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I think the "impact" font is what gets me... CEA usually just identifies themselves with the X-man, so the letters never had their own font, but I don't like the basic letters. they just seem off/too bold with the prettiness of the uniform.

I'm with you on the font, as far as the bold print. I've seen other CEA teams with it (even non-CEA, like Cali) and I just feel like it looks basic. Same thing with SSX new unis. Give me script or a swirl or something.
ETA: Also not sure how that neck choker thing is going to stay put at the V-angle. I like how it looks, just don't want it to look floppy on skinny-necked girls.

Well, my current uniform skort rides up more than my new season uniform skirt. So it's not a clean cut thing, it all depends on fit and quality of a uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think about hard-hitting skort issues now. ;)

Has anyone thought to sew a faux skirt onto the front AND back of shorts to solve the skirt-flying-up issue in lieu of skorts? Or am I missing something obvious? :confused:

(And no I don't mean sewn-in boy-cut briefs or whatever, I mean taking what is essentially a skort and sewing a panel on the back, too. Actual 2" (preferably more) performance shorts with skirt panels sewn all the way down the sides.)

Back