All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey all! As the coach of TG Angels and designer of the new uniform, I appreciate the fact that we all have a difference of opinion... what kind of world would it be if we all thought the same about everything that happens? I will say that the uniforms are definitely more impressive when you see them in person, but I can let you all be the judge of that when/if you ever get to see them in person.

The vision I had was that I really wanted the wings on the back to be the statement piece of the uniform. Ideally, I wanted them to wear big huge angel wings (kind of like what you would see at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show), but obviously that isn't practical & the girls wouldn't be able to do a routine with big ole wings like that on their back. So the next best option was making the back almost a full piece so that the wings would cover the entire back. Originally I thought it would just be normal white fabric with the wings sublimated on it. But instead GK came back with the back being all white mesh on the first prototype. When I first saw it not on anyone, I was very hesitant about the mesh. But once we put it on one of our athletes, I thought it looked really cool because it looked like the wings were almost tattooed on the back. Again, I realize some people don't like that look & you're entitled to your opinions, but our staff really liked it and so did I, so we decided to keep it.

Practicality was a HUGE factor when designing this uniform because I knew we were taking a risk with the back of the uniform since nothing like that has ever been done before. Although I really wanted to do a different uniform with an element that has never been done before, my main priority was making sure the Angels felt comfortable in it. It seems many of you aren't aware of the many bra options out there for women, but for our bustier girls, they have a bra they can wear that is hardly noticeable through the mesh back ... but most of the girls say that a bra isn't necessary because of how well GK knows how to fit a uniform to a body. .. And the reason behind the skort is simply the fact that all of our girls say that a skort is the most comfortable to wear (or else I would have probably made this a skirt instead. But I'm a guy and don't know what either feels like so I just went with what the girls liked). The girls will be wearing white spandex shorts specially made for the uniform underneath the skort to prevent any see-through issues.

Bottom line, the TG Angels love their uniform and they say its extremely comfortable (even more so than their previous uniform) so thats what matters most. Again, I appreciate everyone's different opinions (although I do appreciate the people who like the uniform a little more than those that don't hahaha ;-)) but I felt the need to explain myself so that you all can have a better understanding of the process in getting this uniform done.

Have a great day and good luck to everyone competing at NCA!

~Chris

Last edited:
Has some already posted the Rebel video preview for their lookbook?

I'm super curious to see what they came up with this year. Some of the stoning on the arms looks very creative and gorgeous.

Hey all! As the coach of TG Angels and designer of the new uniform, I appreciate the fact that we all have a difference of opinion... what kind of world would it be if we all thought the same about everything that happens? I will say that the uniforms are definitely more impressive when you see them in person, but I can let you all be the judge of that when/if you ever get to see them in person.

The vision I had was that I really wanted the wings on the back to be the statement piece of the uniform. Ideally, I wanted them to wear big huge angel wings (kind of like what you would see at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show), but obviously that isn't practical & the girls wouldn't be able to do a routine with big ole wings like that on their back. So the next best option was making the back almost a full piece so that the wings would cover the entire back. Originally I thought it would just be normal white fabric with the wings sublimated on it. But instead GK came back with the back being all white mesh on the first prototype. When I first saw it not on anyone, I was very hesitant about the mesh. But once we put it on one of our athletes, I thought it looked really cool because it looked like the wings were almost tattooed on the back. Again, I realize some people don't like that look & you're entitled to your opinions, but our staff really liked it and so did I, so we decided to keep it.

Practicality was a HUGE factor when designing this uniform because I knew we were taking a risk with the back of the uniform since nothing like that has ever been done before. Although I really wanted to do a different uniform with an element that has never been done before, my main priority was making sure the Angels felt comfortable in it. It seems many of you aren't aware of the many bra options out there for women, but for our bustier girls, they have a bra they can wear (kind of like a sticky bra) that is only on the front and not the back... but most of the girls say that a bra isn't necessary because of how well GK knows how to fit a uniform to a body (if any of you watch gymnastics, GK is the number one leotard provider for gymnasts, and gymnasts do not wear bras with their leotards... so GK knows how to make a uniform fit well without the need of a bra). .. And the reason behind the skort is simply the fact that all of our girls say that a skort is the most comfortable to wear (or else I would have probably made this a skirt instead. But I'm a guy and don't know what either feels like so I just went with what the girls liked). The girls will be wearing white spandex shorts specially made for the uniform underneath the skort to prevent any see-through issues.

Bottom line, the TG Angels love their uniform and they say its extremely comfortable (even more so than their previous uniform) so thats what matters most. Again, I appreciate everyone's different opinions (although I do appreciate the people who like the uniform a little more than those that don't hahaha ;-)) but I felt the need to explain myself so that you all can have a better understanding of the process in getting this uniform done.

~Chris

Not sure who told you that gymnast's don't wear bra's because they do. You can even see the lines of the sports bra's on pictures of US gymnasts from the Olympics. I'm not part of the bra brigade but even I know that a well fitting uniform does not offer support that a bra does. Sticky "bra"'s for the front only are not remotely a bra. They are basically large pasties.

Nothing against your uniform - I'm glad your team is happy with it and it has meaning for your program. I think it fits the name of the team well and your vision. But I just very disagree with your statements justifying the ability to not need to wear a bra with it.

Has some already posted the Rebel video preview for their lookbook?

I'm super curious to see what they came up with this year. Some of the stoning on the arms looks very creative and gorgeous.

im not big on pink, but the pink one in this video looks awesome.

Practicality was a HUGE factor when designing this uniform because I knew we were taking a risk with the back of the uniform since nothing like that has ever been done before. Although I really wanted to do a different uniform with an element that has never been done before, my main priority was making sure the Angels felt comfortable in it. It seems many of you aren't aware of the many bra options out there for women, but for our bustier girls, they have a bra they can wear (kind of like a sticky bra) that is only on the front and not the back... but most of the girls say that a bra isn't necessary because of how well GK knows how to fit a uniform to a body (if any of you watch gymnastics, GK is the number one leotard provider for gymnasts, and gymnasts do not wear bras with their leotards... so GK knows how to make a uniform fit well without the need of a bra). .. And the reason behind the skort is simply the fact that all of our girls say that a skort is the most comfortable to wear (or else I would have probably made this a skirt instead. But I'm a guy and don't know what either feels like so I just went with what the girls liked). The girls will be wearing white spandex shorts specially made for the uniform underneath the skort to prevent any see-through issues.

~Chris

I am going to be blunt here, because for the good of the girls on your teams I fee like a lot of male coaches need to come to grips with the fact that you simply don't understand what female athletes need.

You obviously have NO CLUE about what "bustier girls" as you put it need as far as support while participating in activities such as cheer. A " stick on bra" doesn't cut it, period and your girls are risking permanent tissue damage by using them. No uniform, no matter how well fitted can provide the kind of support needed for tumbling and jumping for anyone with more than an A cup. Gymnasts most certainly DO wear bras, always. Cheerleaders should too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You obviously have NO CLUE about what "bustier girls" as you put it need as far as support while participating in activities such as cheer. A " stick on bra" doesn't cut it, period snd your girls are risking permanent tissue damage by using them. No uniform, no matter how well fitted can provide the kind of support needed for tumbling and jumping for anyone with more than an A cup. Gymnasts most certainly DO wear bras, always. Cheerleaders should too.

I don't understand what the issue is. If he is saying FIRST HAND that HIS athletes are telling him they are comfortable and don't need to wear anything underneath than that's all that matters. It's may not be for everyone but for his athletes and even his bustier athletes it must work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand what the issue is. If he is saying FIRST HAND that HIS athletes are telling him they are comfortable and don't need to wear anything underneath than that's all that matters. It's may not be for everyone but for his athletes and even his bustier athletes it must work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you really think they are willing to be honest about it and risk being put off the team? Highly doubtful. Also, teens and 20 somethings don't always make the best decisions for their long term health when fashion or cheer are more important to them. There is no way anyone B cup or better is comfortable jumping and tumbling bra less.

The stick ons will prevent "headlights" though not much else. They are not meant for the type of support an athlete requires.
As a former not well endowed athlete and parent of the same... I concur that the gk type fabric should be nice and fitted and work well for about an A or B cup...possibly a C (if you go by VS' vanity sizing). Anything bigger you better just size way down and hope and pray you're compressing enough.
CP and I have always loved the innovation behind the TG uniforms...We've also been witness to at least two TG uniform "oopsies" on stage and felt so badly for those girls.

@cheer25mom I'm going to be blunt here and find the tone of your message offensive. You do not know Chris. I do as well as other male coaches at Top Gun with whom I entrusted my daughter's anatomy with when she cheered. I can assure you from personal experience the athletes are not afraid to speak up. Chris is a coach with integrity and credibility and if he says this is what his athletes wanted, believe it.

I don't care if anyone likes a Top Gun uniform. Chris was very open and honest about the Angel's uniform and the thought and input that went into it. Top Gun puts that type of thought into every uniform.

Like it, love it, hate it...doesn't matter. It is how the athlete feels in the uniform that matters.

OAFAAF

@cheer25mom I'm going to be blunt here and find the tone of your message offensive. You do not know Chris. I do as well as other male coaches at Top Gun with whom I entrusted my daughter's anatomy with when she cheered. I can assure you from personal experience the athletes are not afraid to speak up. Chris is a coach with integrity and credibility and if he says this is what his athletes wanted, believe it.

I don't care if anyone likes a Top Gun uniform. Chris was very open and honest about the Angel's uniform and the thought and input that went into it. Top Gun puts that type of thought into every uniform.

Like it, love it, hate it...doesn't matter. It is how the athlete feels in the uniform that matters.

OAFAAF
I don't know why speaking up for the health and well being of young women and attempting to educate those who really don't understand it is offensive. If he thinks gymnasts routinely go without bras, he is definitely uninformed about the needs of female athletes. I still maintain that no young woman should be put in a position to have to choose between wearing the necessary undergarments to maintain her health and wellbeing and a cheer uniform.

I appreciate that Weezy, thank you. We can let the complainers complain and continue to put out the negative energy that they choose to put out into the world, that's their problem not mine. I'm sorry that some of you don't like it, but lucky for you (and me), you're not part of the TG program so it doesn't affect you. Move on, get over it, and stop making it about you because it's all about these kids in the end, and they're happy.

OAFAAF

I don't know why speaking up for the health and well being of young women and attempting to educate those who really don't understand it is offensive. If he thinks gymnasts routinely go without bras, he is definitely uninformed about the needs of female athletes. I still maintain that no young woman should be put in a position to have to choose between wearing the necessary undergarments to maintain her health and wellbeing and a cheer uniform.

Go look at your first response to Chris. If your intent was to communicate about the health and well being of young women and trying to educate him, your message was lost in the tone of your post. Also stating an athlete wouldn't speak up for fear of being kicked off a team tells me you made very wrong assumptions about Chris as a coach and Top Gun as a program.

I appreciate that Weezy, thank you. We can let the complainers complain and continue to put out the negative energy that they choose to put out into the world, that's their problem not mine. I'm sorry that some of you don't like it, but lucky for you (and me), you're not part of the TG program so it doesn't affect you. Move on, get over it, and stop making it about you because it's all about these kids in the end, and they're happy.
You are showing your lack of maturity and understanding of this issue with these kind of comments. It is not about "negative energy" but about the dangerous direction this takes the industry. Using that as an excuse to dismiss legitimate concerns shows that you are truly unwiling to consider the impact on girls health. It effects all of us and our kids when big name programs like yours put fashion ahead of the long term wellbeing of athletes. It sets a disturbing precedent. Asking girls to forgo wearing a bra puts them in the position to choose between cheer and their long term health. If you really think teenage girls are going to be honest about this its a male coach that controls their cheer future you don't understand them very well.

Last edited:
Back