All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What about converting the baseball fields to hold a couple of divisions on Saturday. This may not be an option because of the Braves and spring training, but worth looking into. It has stadium seating, jumbotrons, close proximity to Milkhouse and Jostons, concessions, bathrooms, air conditioned booths that could be sold for more $, stage could be placed on the field. Just an idea.

LIMIT. BIDS.

I've always been the biggest proponent of the Milkhouse because I think it is what draws the international interest. Teams want to come to Disney, stay a week, hit the parks, compete, etc. You eliminate Disney, you might not get as many international teams. But something has GOT to give. Sitting 3 high on strangers laps is not ok.

Hi I'm just going to say one thing allstar cheerleading is a BUSINESS. Gym owners they are a business, event producer they are a business, and USASF non profit organization. They are just trying to raise funds to cover cost to take care of OUR sport that we love. Are sport would not be closer to being a legitmized sport if not for their efforts. So you should be thanking USASF for holding this event. You should be thanking USASF for what they have done for you as athletes, parents, and coaches. You should not be ripping them to shreds for hosting a legendary event that allows us to take all of the 5 and 6 teams and truly rank them in their order.

Limit bids is the answer.

But I will say, I sat in the Milkhouse ALL day on Sunday. The only time I saw bad over crowding was during SR LRG finials. And I sat right beside an entrance well.

I know everyone loves the milk house but Worlds is getting too big for the milk house. They either need to make the competition Thursday-Sunday or they need to change venues. It was ridiuclous this weekend. OR they need to limit the Amount of teams that receive bids. Something needs to be done! Anyone agree?
shimmy 1,000 times

I agree completely with this thread. This Disney facility is simply not big enough to support the growing monster that is Worlds. Unfortunately, as someone has informed within this thread, Iguess they're contracted until 2014, so it appears that not much is going to change.

I do have an idea though that I think would make this venue work. Currently, they set up this huge judges booth in the front of the floor. There are stadium seats behind it, but it renders those seats useless because you can't see anything when sitting behind them. If they perhaps built a judgest booth that could go over those seats, then they could put a ton of folding chairs down on the floor in place of where the judges booth is. Just a thought, and I don't know if it would work, but you could probably add another 300 - 400 seats on the floor in front and the wasted space that is the seats behind the current judges booth would be used to house the platform for the judges.

Just a thought. Don't know if it would work, or if Disney would allow something to be built temporarily over those seats.
at least the would attempt to make the milk house work cause right now it is completely unacceptable!

I like them passing out so many bids, I know it makes the comp HUGE, but it allows everyone to get the experience worlds. A lot of teams go just hoping to break to finals, but just being there is enough. Its a huge deal for anyone that attends (and I think anyone that attends would agree).
Not all of us can live within driving distance of CA or WC

Number of teams competing isn't the problem. It's the spectators. Economics 101 says if the demand increases, the price goes up. So if the weekend price for viewing Worlds goes to $100 or $200 instead of $50, we'll see less spectators.

Doesn't that solve the problem?
really? now you want us to fly across the country and pay 200 to get in and guess what they still wont have enough seats!

I hope they do something different for next year and the WWOS is building another arena??? They are just profiting off worlds and will do everything they can to make sure it stays. I don't care what happens just limit the bids! Instead of giving bids to those teams who are basically level 4.

HERE'S AN IDEA . . . HOW ABOUT WORLDS DIVISIONS ACTUALLY USE THE WORLDS SCORE SHEET FOR JUDGING!!!!! I know novel idea. If you are seeking a bid for worlds shouldn't a team be judged on that criteria/scoresheet and not have to change your routine. Wasn't that one of the reason USASF was created? To measure everyone by the same yard stick.

Half of the small senior teams should not have been there. You don't have full squad tucks sorry you have not mastered a level 4 skill you dont get to compete level 5.

because those who dont live in those major cities might not be able to afford to attend the bid and worlds. Unfair advantage based on basic geography. The same reason the west coast complains every year about the expenses of going to Florida

I posted this in another thread, but think it is more relevant here...

This may be a silly question, but why not move it outside onto one of the fields? You could set up a concert-like stage with appropriate coverage in case of rain. If it rains, spectators can buy a poncho with Mickey or Minnie on the back. The holding areas could be a series of climate-controlled tents so the competitors don't have to deal with the elements. If it is hurricane-like conditions, or the forecast is just plain miserable, move it back inside.​

Let's hear why it would be a bad move to have it outside.​

Ummm . . . I am in now way accustomed to the Florida humidity nor would I want to sit in it for 16 hours. I require a climate controlled environment thank you

Back