All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One thing to remember: You say 'Oh, if you want to see them, get there earlier and get your seat.' That just means EVERYONE who was there will STILL be in the Milkhouse (or attempting to anyone), they'll just be there earlier. Together.

I haven't been to Worlds so I'm not really sure what the situation is like in Jostens... it seems like all the complaints about overcrowding are in the Milkhouse though. I know no one wants to have to choose between seeing the "big" teams, but I think it would make an enormous difference if they pulled one of the most popular divisions out of the Milkhouse and put it in Jostens at the same time as another popular division- say, leave Large Senior in the Milkhouse from 6-8pm and put Semi Limited in Jostens also from 6-8pm. Yes, it means you can't see TG AND SE, but it's probably better than getting shut out completely and not seeing either team because the one venue is packed.

They actually weren't letting anyone into the milkhouse at one point. They closed the doors. I was like... I don't think so, my daughter is going on and I paid to get in here, so you're letting me in. Shortly after that some Disney rep came over and told them to let me and everyone else who was behind me in. An angry mob was starting to form.

I mean, c'mon Disney... you can't charge people $25 to get in and then not allow them inside to see their kid compete!!

As I said in another thread, it's probably time for Worlds to move a large sports arena. There's no reason why the biggest cheer event in the world should be having overcrowding issues.

I posted this in another thread, but think it is more relevant here...

This may be a silly question, but why not move it outside onto one of the fields? You could set up a concert-like stage with appropriate coverage in case of rain. If it rains, spectators can buy a poncho with Mickey or Minnie on the back. The holding areas could be a series of climate-controlled tents so the competitors don't have to deal with the elements. If it is hurricane-like conditions, or the forecast is just plain miserable, move it back inside.

Let's hear why it would be a bad move to have it outside.​

unfortunately worlds is stuck at Wide World till 2014, but on the plus side (and i'm not sure about this) I heard that wide world is building a new arena.

I wish that no matter what teams had to accept an at large bid whether or not they want it. They can still go for a paid later and when they get the paid the at large is dropped. This would allow the other teams to not get an at large because other teams won't accept one cuz they want paid or nothing.

I posted this in another thread, but think it is more relevant here...

This may be a silly question, but why not move it outside onto one of the fields? You could set up a concert-like stage with appropriate coverage in case of rain. If it rains, spectators can buy a poncho with Mickey or Minnie on the back. The holding areas could be a series of climate-controlled tents so the competitors don't have to deal with the elements. If it is hurricane-like conditions, or the forecast is just plain miserable, move it back inside.​

Let's hear why it would be a bad move to have it outside.​

This was my thought as well--they have all of the area where the Sports Fields are and they could set up a temporary covered "arena" with Stadium Bleachers and have 3 venues going at once or make it really big and still have 2. They have tents with air conditioners and also could have misters as well--there are many Sporting events and concerts outside in Florida all year long.

On another note--seating in Jostens is not good at all because of the folding chairs--you can't see anything--they could bring in temporary Stadium bleacher seats into that area and make that venue better as well. It was crazy for the last teams in Small Limited.

It was probably the worst ever this year--my husband was not let in for awhile--thank goodness he came really early--they need to stop selling tickets if they are no longer letting people in.

I was thinking... maybe if there was a video process? Like they do in college and all the teams that want to go to worlds send in video's and there's a deadline and a set number of teams allowed in each division. They have a panel using the SAME scoresheet score each team based on the video that is sent in. It would hurt team like the Weathergirls that start so late but in general it may work out. It wouldn't make teams feel the need to go to silly competitions to get an at-large bid and all the teams there would be there because they earned it on a set score. It's just my opinion but idk.

i have an ideal idea, maybe sell as many tickets as there are seats? that'd make sense at any venue or establishment with a strict maximum capacity number due to fire hazards.

but one of my friends was sitting on the green right in front of the first row of metal chairs and someone yelled at her to get off because of the fire hazard. she politely says "maybe we need a bigger venue there's no where to sit i can't help it" he pretended to page someone and said "hey bob yeah someone thinks we need a bigger venue? no? okay..(turns to her) yeah not today maybe next year now move."
is that not the rudest thing you've ever heard?!

with the outside thing..

does anyone know why they stopped having worlds outside? maybe they could use the milk house, jostens, AND outside? small senior needs an arena in itself with 70 teams

1. Limit the bids
2. Sell tickets to each arena separately (If the Milkhouse has 1000 seats then sell 1000 tickets to enter the Milkhouse)

I agree that they should limit the bids. We came from a program that "bid chased" and truly have no business of being at worlds compared to the teams that place in the top ten. They only reason they get a bid is because they keep going to competitions that offer the bids and then end up getting one because everyone ahead of them alreay has one. For example they recieved their bid at a competition where 25 teams were up for 7 or 8 bids and 17 teams already had a bid, they came in 18 or 19th out of 25 and still got a bid. I think when you can come in that low and still get a bid it just takes away from the whole worlds being the best of the best...

Back