All-Star New Way Of Fulling Up (easier But Still A Fullup)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did it tonight at stunt class. Um...It's literally stupid easy, and it looks so clean. The flyers were like "I didn't do anything...". The only bummer is, full up immediates can't really be done that way.

You can, it just takes quick hands with a release and a regrab quick with the left. And 1 1/2 ups are silly easy.

This can also be applied to power press full arounds. It takes a bit of choreography to do quickly for the grip, but past that the skill becomes significantly easier.

1.25 up with the grip. If anyone can find a video of Alpharetta this year, they do them in a 1.5 up.

I think I watched this eight times and can't really see the "unfold" look. It just looks like a 1.25 to me. Maybe because they load 90 degrees to the side so the base shields the crossed foot from the front is why you can't even tell the grip they're using. That's awesome. (not to mention clean and effective).

All the groups but point do the full up.

Elite! We love elite, such a great program and good friends to our program whenever we get to compete against each other. Both our gyms went to cheersport this year and only took two teams so we coordinated with each other and our flight crew cheered them on from VIP and they returned the favor :)

I've tried several different ways of Fulling Up after attending different USASF Regional Meetings. Our Jr's and a handful of Medium Coed kids are working them well. It does create problems when trying to go to one leg though.

Most of the time people can not do a "Regular" Full Up because of timing issues with bases grabbing the flyers foot or flyers not butting out, or toeing, etc.... but the same problems can happen with this full up as well. With both bases holding onto the foot its recommended that you do lots of straight up Cupies(to prep or extended level) and go over where the bases hands should be before and after the full up is executed.

All the groups but point do the full up.

Most would classify this as a "Fake Up" because as the flyer twists to the top the bases switch sides as well. With the new Full Up or "Crossed Ankle" Full Up as I've heard it referred to as, the bases remain in the same place as the Full Up happens.

My teams doing it this season. We tried it on Monday and as a flyer it felt weird at first but we all soon got the hang of it and it is definitely easier!

We used this three years ago witha youth level 3 team that was having problems fulling up the "normal way" but also to get a unique entry because had the flyers in a pretty sit with legs crossed and then 360 from there (same technique but legs crossed at the knee instead of at the ankles and no weight in the flyers arms because she had her hands up)

Mind blown. Been around the cheer world for 16 years, and never knew that there was another way. Is there a way to do 1/2 ups to the top that I don't know about??

Anytime someone says Mind Blown this is always what I think of:

DBLT

Curious how many have tried the new way of fulling up I just saw. It is quite fantastic and makes the skill markedly easier while still meeting all the requirements I have seen for a fullup to get full credit.

The flyer loads in and the side (some of you may know her as the main... lets just say the traditional spinner of the fullup) has their normal grip. The difference is the left foot crosses in front of the right foot and the main (again some of you may refer to her as the side but the base who traditionally had to let go of the foot) reaches around behind the right to grab the left heal. By doing this grip the flyer never loses contact with either base. The level of ease at which I saw someone hit a fullup with this skill is quite amazing (and a 1 1/2 up as well).

How many people have tried it?

WE use it Level 3-5!

Back