All-Star New Way Of Fulling Up (easier But Still A Fullup)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am so excited to try it this weekend with my J3 team as we're having issues doing full ups to prep. I also want to try to do it with my S4 team to add in what I thought would be an impossible full-up for my groups. Thank you!!!!

I tried it with some of my level 4 flyers last night & it's much easier than a traditional fake up. I'll be having all my groups try it Sunday...even my real full up groups just to see how it goes!

Okay, I know I am going to get beat-up over this.....but I am familar with doing the stunt this way; however, I always saw it as faking/cheating.....at the lower levels, I can see doing it this way.....but otherwise, I can not imagine getting the same level of difficulty doing it this way....JMO. Maybe someone who judges can comment on what the think and how it is viewed.....I see it as just doing a 1/2 up....
okay now, come and get me :)

Okay, I know I am going to get beat-up over this.....but I am familar with doing the stunt this way; however, I always saw it as faking/cheating.....at the lower levels, I can see doing it this way.....but otherwise, I can not imagine getting the same level of difficulty doing it this way....JMO. Maybe someone who judges can comment on what the think and how it is viewed.....I see it as just doing a 1/2 up....

No I can see where you're coming from looking at it as a half up since the legs are already crossed. It almost feels like a half up when doing it. But technically they really are doing the 360 turn, feet facing forward in the set, no bases moving. I was really amazed at how easy it was and how quickly my team picked it up. For teams that struggle with fullups it's a godsend. If it becomes a mainstream technique, though, will it taint the skill? Maybe. I'm still going for it, lol.

Is it a cheat or fake? Nah. I think the traditional things that have defined a fullup (a full twist with bases not moving) are met, it can happen to the top, and there is not a significant look difference. As long as it isn't easily discernable between the two from the judges stand (which it wont be) then the reward you get for just doing a fullup (and a 1 1/2 up) will go dramatically down because now everyone will do them.

When an easier way of doing things comes along it doesn't mean the old way was bad, it just was just harder and now we are all smarter. It is just amazing the amount of difficulty difference. I would say this type of training to hit a fullup went from 2 years to get a program as a whole to do it well to about two weeks. INSANE.

Couldn't the same be said for double ups? Bases moving, legs crossing, and people still think it's the greatest thing in the world and scoring wise it's not hurting anyone. The traditional way was just like a normal full up but basically regrabbing at the end.

No I can see where you're coming from looking at it as a half up since the legs are already crossed. It almost feels like a half up when doing it. But technically they really are doing the 360 turn, feet facing forward in the set, no bases moving. I was really amazed at how easy it was and how quickly my team picked it up. For teams that struggle with fullups it's a godsend. If it becomes a mainstream technique, though, will it taint the skill? Maybe. I'm still going for it, lol.
I've heard it said here in a thousand different threads for different issues but I think it fits....

...don't hate the player, hate the game :D

If it scores the same, you'd be crazy not to use a technique that is cleaner and hits more consistently...even if the technique isn't as "hard" as it used to make the skill.

CP came home from practice and was all excited that they were taught a "new way" to full up. She said it was so easy once they learned the set, and that as long as the flyer squeezed tight, it hit everytime. And I was excited after having followed this thread since it was first posted. :cheering:

Our Varsity team uses this way! I saw them practice on Saturday, and a team that has struggled with full ups for years was hitting them flawlessly!

..Won't the judges be able to tell though? I mean, I was only going by video, and maybe because I knew to look, but I could see it easily (unless, of course, they were doing a 1 1/4 up and were turned).

Would need an actual judge to know for sure :D

My team hits full ups 90% of the time- 1 group struggles- I tried teaching them this way- and they could not do it. I think they werent trying since they have issues with new things. They told me it was stupid and hard- I wish they would give it a chance because then we could hit 100% of the time..grrr

..Won't the judges be able to tell though? I mean, I was only going by video, and maybe because I knew to look, but I could see it easily (unless, of course, they were doing a 1 1/4 up and were turned).

Would need an actual judge to know for sure :D

As people have competed them before and no one noticed I would say no. Especially if you hop in two feet and then fullup. Think of BlueCat 's example of baskets when he asked realistically how many switch kick doubles cheetahs did compared to kick doubles. When fast and smooth too many people wont be able to tell.

As people have competed them before and no one noticed I would say no. Especially if you hop in two feet and then fullup. Think of BlueCat 's example of baskets when he asked realistically how many switch kick doubles cheetahs did compared to kick doubles. When fast and smooth too many people wont be able to tell.
Besides that, doesn't it still meet the full up criteria anyway? So even if they did catch it, does it really mean anything different for a score sheet? Does this grip take it down a level because it doesn't actually release? If so, I could see the risk, but if not...then what does it matter if they note the different technique or not?

Besides that, doesn't it still meet the full up criteria anyway? So even if they did catch it, does it really mean anything different for a score sheet? Does this grip take it down a level because it doesn't actually release? If so, I could see the risk, but if not...then what does it matter if they note the different technique or not?

Technically a fullup doesn't release anyway.

Latest posts

Back