OT New Year's Resolutions 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
1. Decide where to go to college (I'm super indecisive)
2. Expand my diet
3. Get at least a weighted 5.33 QPA for this year
4. Excersise more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine will be:

1) Focus on my health. This past year a half I have put my health (mentally & physically) on the side which is not OK, and its starting to show. I want to become more consistent with my exercise and be more cautious of what I'm eating/eat healthier.
2) Pay off my credit card debt, that way I only have to focus on my school loans :)confused:) and car payment for my 'big' payments.
3) Be smarter financially/actually put money in my savings. I'm so sick of literally living paycheck to paycheck
4) Find a job in my career field!

I'm not one for "resolutions" per se, but I guess here are my goals:

1. Imma steal the flossing one, that's a good one. I'll tack on "brush my hair with an actual comb and not my fingers" everyday here, too.
2. Find a quick workout/stretching regimen for when I get out of/get into bed and do it everyday.
3. Finish redoing my online portfolio before the summer.
4. Get a part time job to help pay down my student loans faster. (I'd reallyyyyyy like to have atleast half of it paid off at the end of 2016.)
5. Learn to grill.
6. Create an actual workout plan and stick to it.
7. See another Broadway show.
8. Be more proactive about keeping my apartment clean.
9. Listen to/read 25 books.
10. Figure out what I want to do about/how I'm going to afford grad school :help:.

Hmmmm.... These sound really ambitious now that I'm reading them all.

1. Sounds typical but workout more. I actually have already been working on this because for a solid 2 months of the semester I didn't go to the rec once :oops: so I've been working on it and going 2-3 times a week but I'm gonna try to go more! I think my class schedule will be better for it so that will help.
2. Eat more fruits/veggies/protein - dining hall's lack of good fruits and veggies and my picky eating have led to lots of carbs last semester. I haven't really gained weight from it but I want to eat healthier just because it's better for my body (same with the working out plus it helps me de stress)
3. Use my planner consistently throughout the semester (not just the first month...)
4. Speak to a male (kidding... Kind of)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not one for "resolutions" per se, but I guess here are my goals:

1. Imma steal the flossing one, that's a good one. I'll tack on "brush my hair with an actual comb and not my fingers" everyday here, too.
2. Find a quick workout/stretching regimen for when I get out of/get into bed and do it everyday.
3. Finish redoing my online portfolio before the summer.
4. Get a part time job to help pay down my student loans faster. (I'd reallyyyyyy like to have atleast half of it paid off at the end of 2016.)
5. Learn to grill.
6. Create an actual workout plan and stick to it.
7. See another Broadway show.
8. Be more proactive about keeping my apartment clean.
9. Listen to/read 25 books.
10. Figure out what I want to do about/how I'm going to afford grad school :help:.

Hmmmm.... These sound really ambitious now that I'm reading them all.

How about getting a part time job at a theater. Then you can see a Broadway show at a discount, make money to pay off loans, and use it to pay off grad school! Knock out 3 of those goals in one swoop. :)

I totally share the "hair brushing" one. I don't even own a hair brush.

How about getting a part time job at a theater. Then you can see a Broadway show at a discount, make money to pay off loans, and use it to pay off grad school! Knock out 3 of those goals in one swoop. :)

I totally share the "hair brushing" one. I don't even own a hair brush.

I'd LOVE to get a part time gig in a theater but I think the closet one might be a solid 30 minutes away. I was aiming for something at the Target or Staples or Price Chopper down the street. Something absurdly mindless and simple that doesn't require a lot of thinking - like stocking shelves. We'll see though, I'm not overly picky.

And ok, glad I'm not alone. Honestly, it's been weeks since I used a comb on my hair. I mean my fingers and conditioner work fine but i don't think it's socially acceptable to keep doing this.

I'd LOVE to get a part time gig in a theater but I think the closet one might be a solid 30 minutes away. I was aiming for something at the Target or Staples or Price Chopper down the street. Something absurdly mindless and simple that doesn't require a lot of thinking - like stocking shelves. We'll see though, I'm not overly picky.

And ok, glad I'm not alone. Honestly, it's been weeks since I used a comb on my hair. I mean my fingers and conditioner work fine but i don't think it's socially acceptable to keep doing this.

Meh, neither are the crazy uniforms that are rolling out, but that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone.

People who floss daily have their lives together in a way that I don't.
This was mine last year and I actually kept it! I have a dentist appointment on Jan. 6 and I hope they actually notice. It will be strange to not have to lie when they ask if I've been flossing.

I don't really have anything specific, but I believe my mom and I are going to start Weight Watchers in January. I would like to stop making excuses for not going to the gym, so we'll see. I also would like to stop cracking my knuckles but I am so far addicted to that idk if it would happen.

-make at least a 3.0 in my first semester of nursing school
-less procrastinating/more organization to my life
-take classes at the gym at least once a week, and work out on my own at two time a week (aiming low, since I never actually work out)
-start eating healthier/cooking at home more
-be involved with BSNA (nursing association at my school)
-do something that makes me happy once a week

Mine are nothing earth shattering but I would really like to try to meet them throughout the year.
  • Drink more water
  • Do more for the homeless and community service and get my kids involved with it
  • Make more plans with friends and be less anti-social
  • Spend more time with my parents, sibs, nieces and cousins
  • Keep my house more of a clutter-free zone

I am ready to move onward and upward by getting a new job at an HS or even work at a community college as a Lecturer (possibly, online) or both...

Go back to school and finish my doctoral degree in school psychology, now that my daughter is older and will be starting hs next year...

Stop talking about my own business and do some research on how to start a learning center...still working on my list, thinking..

Last edited:
1. Stop saying I don't care what look like in the mornings. (Not that look horrible lol) but at least put more effort into looking nice.
2. Drink more water and less soda.
3. Stealing the floss one too.
4. Getting back into no carb food plan.
5. go back to school
6. Go to the gym

Back