All-Star Nightline Episode

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We've been told by coaches and teammates. She always had a spray tan for comps but the breaking point was being called out for not tanning at choreo camp. The punishment? Non-tanners were placed on the back row I kid you not.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thank God for the natural tan :rolleyes:

I have no problems with coaches having grooming and appearance guidelines. My team was basically all black, mixed, hispanic, and one white girl. We tried curls and it was an epic fail for some, and it was a time consuming. After that we are strictly straight pony, with a pouf. We have also done the braid to a bun which was cute. She makes sure each girl is wearing make up that matches their skin tone. And she doesn't like raggedy weaves. Is it too much, yes but you are representing not only your school/gym but yourself and you should have pride in that.

I knew she had confidence issues from your previous posts and frankly, I wasn't expecting her to look so relaxed. I really think her hair and bow size project a more confident appearance if that makes sense. Like she's saying "look at what I can do" instead of "look how huge my hair can get and I can still stand up".
I love their UCA look.

I've always said when she accepts her academy award I want to be the first person she thanks :) she's a great actress. On the flip side, I'm not sure when this was taken in terms of sat-sun before or after they competed. They were astoundingly good at UCA and especially on Sunday. They absolutely kicked it in the teeth with a zero deduction performance and had hopes they'd get paid. This might've been taken after that performance in which case she was relaxed and feeling awesome at that point.

She was much less pleasant after awards. They missed paid by about a tenth of a point....which was disappointing but I didn't care because they had done such a spectacular job! I was so proud of that team.

I think there is a happy medium to this make up and hair thing. These kids are under performance lights so going heavier on the lip, eye and cheek is understandable to me. A spray tan isn't necessary, but if isn't too dark, I'll admit they look healthier under the lights. Put the hair back in a high ponytail, a little pouf if you want, and straighten or put in some curls that their hair can hold for a few hours. The over the top eye glitter and stickers are a hazard in my opinion. The poufs that look like Peg Bundy's are not attractive. Kids running around the arena in curl formers and shower caps, again I'm older, but gym owners, what are you thinking? How those kids look is a reflection on your gym, stop requiring them to do things to their hair if it can only look presentable for 5 minutes. And yes, you better believe if I have to get up at 4:30 AM to do my kids hair and make up, I won't be signing up.

Thank God for the natural tan :rolleyes:

I have no problems with coaches having grooming and appearance guidelines. My team was basically all black, mixed, hispanic, and one white girl. We tried curls and it was an epic fail for some, and it was a time consuming. After that we are strictly straight pony, with a pouf. We have also done the braid to a bun which was cute. She makes sure each girl is wearing make up that matches their skin tone. And she doesn't like raggedy weaves. Is it too much, yes but you are representing not only your school/gym but yourself and you should have pride in that.
THIS. I can't stand when a girl doesn't blend her hair properly or pick the right colors. I swear by box braids, but I love when I see girls wearing their natural hair.

THIS. I can't stand when a girl doesn't blend her hair properly or pick the right colors. I swear by box braids, but I love when I see girls wearing their natural hair.

The braids aren't the problem, it's when the hair becomes frizzy and then the girl claims she can't put it up. It's funny because our one white team member has the best weave out of everyone, and one of the girls with the worst weave puts her hair in lol.

The braids aren't the problem, it's when the hair becomes frizzy and then the girl claims she can't put it up. It's funny because our one white team member has the best weave out of everyone, and one of the girls with the worst weave puts her hair in lol.
The first sentence was referring to weave, not box braids. But I see what you're saying, that typically happens if you buy cheap hair.

That's why I don't go to worlds. Because @BowCat would make fun of my natural pale glow.

There IS a happy medium. And while we can all rail that it's not about the outsiders- well where do you think new parents come from? They didn't just grow out of the mats, they come from somewhere else- outside the gym. And if you're losing cash flow by giving off a vibe that drives people away, how long do you hold on before you can't?

Allstar didn't come out of people wanting more glitz, allstar came out of people wanting to solely compete. It's not a necessary part, nor do we need to get rid of it entirely. I saw so many pictures of girls at worlds who looked like they had an oversized skull due to their hair. Why? Why is that a thing? Confidence ain't found in a makeup bag.

We've been told by coaches and teammates. She always had a spray tan for comps but the breaking point was being called out for not tanning at choreo camp. The punishment? Non-tanners were placed on the back row I kid you not.

I have to say that this is not the norm. My CPs are not allowed to spray tan. My CP-14 uses some mild at home lotions to give her a little bit of color, but you really can't tell. My CP-11 is allergic to tanning lotions and never uses them. We are at the same gym you were at and neither of my girls have ever been told they had to tan. And, both were placed in front for most of their routines. My CP-11 was the center flyer on her team. So, as far as our experience has gone, them not tanning has had no impact on their placement/position on their teams. Both are on non-worlds L5 teams.

Back