High School No Practice Space And No Fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 10, 2012
What have other teams done when there is no practice space? Basketball takes up all the gyms in town, the cafeteria is being used for indoor track and they're using the foyer too. We have gone to other gyms before but it's too expensive. We're also not allowed to fundraise because our school is supposed to provide us with equipment and uniforms. 2 out of 7 mats doesn't really cut it. Anyone have experience with this or having this same problem?

We have mats and we practice in a hallway. Idk how your school is set up, but we practice in the commons or hallway with high ceilings. We roll out 7 mats in the commons (once a week) but just roll out 2 or so the rest of the time for stunting.
Is there any time when the gym isn't being used? We had 4 basketball teams at my old school and one would practice 3-5, then 5-7, 7-9. The team that didn't get the gym conditioned. Maybe you could see if you could have a later practice 7-9 or so? 6-8 depending on how long basketball takes in there

while our school was being renovated, they also practiced in a hallway. Have you looked at All the gyms in town? I say this because there are gyms in weird places. Some churches have them...youth center....rec dept....every elementary and jr high school. It seems crazy that there is no times available at all. JV practice is from 7-9pm due to space issues.

also, do you have a college in your town? Most don't pay property tax and instead try to contribute to the community. they might have a real gym or a large practice area that could be used. such as a dance studio or music room.

Happens to my team ALL the time. I'm on a freshman cheer team, so we're the least important for space in a way. Varsity gets the gym when basketball isn't in there, but when they are JV and Varisty get the commons, there's no room or mats for us. We practice our cheers or mark stuff then switch off with JV/Varsity. My school doesn't even allow us to jump with out mats.. which makes no sense because we jump on the track & hardwood.. but we normally share, go outside if its not too cold, or get the mats and go in the hallway or outside our auditorium

Back