All-Star Old Cheer Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some more old lady things:

Solos being a big deal.

I did solos 2 or 3x a year during my season (both HS and AS) and I always competed against at least 4 or 5 kids.

Nowadays there is like, one kid competing a solo at a comp.

Also when my neices and I talk about how skills have progressed and cheer has changed.

I like to tell the story about how I once won an ADVANCED solo division in like 8th grade in which my running pass was something like a RO 3 BHS to either a tuck or a layout (I alternated between those.)

A layout.

In 2017 if you called that advanced tumbling you'd be getting some LOLs.

Last edited:
Also when my neices and I talk about how skills have progressed and cheer has changed.

I like to tell the story about how I once won an ADVANCED solo division in like 8th grade in which my running pass was something like a RO 3 BHS to either a tuck or a layout (I alternated between those.)

A layout.

Or Awe that's cute.....you think that's advanced.

I think I blocked out most of my early cheer career after eye glitter got under a contact lens mid routine...
Ahhhh yes. The glitter days. I may have been just a little heavy handed with it...
25ip6dd.jpg

A layout.

Was it for your middle school?

All i know is that creativity, originality, and fun in all star routines is gone completely. Everything now is all about scoring against the grid. Tis a shame.
No more facials. I made a face right before I did my standing tuck, I felt dumb but it was fun LOL.

All i know is that creativity, originality, and fun in all star routines is gone completely. Everything now is all about scoring against the grid. Tis a shame.
I feel the same way. So many routines are the exact same thing with a differnt voice over.
Agreed. Plus, all body rubbing and head twitching for "fierceness" :confused::mad:

Plus everyone is playing keep up with the top teams and execution has taken a drastic hit over the years. It's a miracle if a team hits (like actually hits, not "no deductions") 2 days in a row.

This is why levels 1, 2, and 3 are my favorite to watch. Those teams have got fun routines and can execute their skills beautifully.

Back