All-Star Old Cheer Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm going to date myself but...

In the worlds thread, people were posting the routines that made them fall in love with cheer. This TV broadcast of UCA in 1999 is what opened my world to allstars. I watched Top Gun, Geogria, West Coast Mavericks, Champion Cheer Outlaws and Wilmington over and over and over! Prior to that school and rec cheer was all I knew. It's pre-worlds so it didn't fit in that thread!

Sidenote: Is Georgia's mascot the gamecocks? Never noticed, but I swear that's what they say in the cheer.
Sidenote 2: I haven't seen these in a decade or longer... the dancing! Oh, the dancing!

In the worlds thread, people were posting the routines that made them fall in love with cheer. This TV broadcast of UCA in 1999 is what opened my world to allstars. I watched Top Gun, Geogria, West Coast Mavericks, Champion Cheer Outlaws and Wilmington over and over and over! Prior to that school and rec cheer was all I knew. It's pre-worlds so it didn't fit in that thread!

Sidenote: Is Georgia's mascot the gamecocks? Never noticed, but I swear that's what they say in the cheer.
Sidenote 2: I haven't seen these in a decade or longer... the dancing! Oh, the dancing!

JP went to USC and I believe that's where gamecocks comes from. I've heard it in a couple GA routines/mixes.

Ahhhhh yes, the infamous turning pyramids of the day.

True statement: CBHS from 1995-the mid 2000's out stunted all of those teams. Tumbling would have come up a little short, but would have been tight scoring.

Did anyone else have to spray glitter in their hair? My HS team did that for competition and it took forever to get out. I have really thick hair and it would sometimes take a whole week of washing my hair to get all the glitter out.

Do some teams still wear a small ribbon on there shoes?? My sister did for her old allstar team back like 15 years ago.

Did anyone else have to spray glitter in their hair? My HS team did that for competition and it took forever to get out. I have really thick hair and it would sometimes take a whole week of washing my hair to get all the glitter out.
We used it on our hair, uniforms, skin... everything was glitter.

CP and some teammates have used it on their hair a couple of times. It's still out there. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We used it on our hair, uniforms, skin... everything was glitter.

CP and some teammates have used it on their hair a couple of times. It's still out there. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I hate glitter.

Glitter was created by cheer devils.

Glitter has a chemical attraction to tears. When a small speck of glitter on a flyer's uniform gets within 72 yards of a base's eyeball, it is instantly attracted to the base's tear ducts causing immense pain, tearing, redness, irritation, and temporary blindness.

I hate glitter.

That is all.

Back