All-Star Old Cheer Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Watching some of these 45-minute long tumbling sections certainly makes me thankful for group tumbling...

Tumble-2-3-4-tumble-6-7-8-tumble-2-3-4-shimmy-6-7-8-tumble-2-3-4-slash-6-7-8-tumble-2-3-4-wait for crash n burn teammate to get up and move-6-7-8
All I think of is 08's worlds.

Actually Athletic was the one with the 6-foot-tall grand champion trophy.
If I scroll back far enough in my FB photos, I can find a pic. Stay tuned...

ETA: Didn't take long.

fn7apkF.jpg

You know you're old when you were in college and cheer looked like this....

You know you're old when you were in college and cheer looked like this....

I had no idea the UK run had been around for that long!

Also those 4 level pyramids still freak me out. I'm trying not to think about how many people got injured when they would learn it. Thanks for posting this!

This got me thinking about a prop I saw a few years ago in an all-star routine. They were giant hula hoop-sized signs with stretchy fabric panels that tumblers jumped through. Haven’t seen them since. Does anyone know who did this or how those were made?

Also, I know that wearable signs were a thing awhile back (basically giant stretchy bags that a flyer throws on mid-routine and runs around in). I’m sure it’s a safety violation to use those now but does anyone know of a team that used those props effectively? Google looks at me like it doesn’t know what I’m talking about every time I search.

This got me thinking about a prop I saw a few years ago in an all-star routine. They were giant hula hoop-sized signs with stretchy fabric panels that tumblers jumped through. Haven’t seen them since. Does anyone know who did this or how those were made?

Also, I know that wearable signs were a thing awhile back (basically giant stretchy bags that a flyer throws on mid-routine and runs around in). I’m sure it’s a safety violation to use those now but does anyone know of a team that used those props effectively? Google looks at me like it doesn’t know what I’m talking about every time I search.
Believe that was Top Gun large coed

It was Top gun large Coed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate that 2010 is now old enough that most kids cheering have never seen this, but the conjoined BHS Top Gun's i5 did in 2010 is still one of my favorite stunts of all time. I don't even know if this would score well in level 2 anymore, but back in the day when I saw those tiny coed flyers do a conjoined BHS with the huge partner stunt boys I was GAGGED girl. I must have watched those 5 seconds a million times back then.

Starts at :34

I hate that 2010 is now old enough that most kids cheering have never seen this, but the conjoined BHS Top Gun's i5 did in 2010 is still one of my favorite stunts of all time. I don't even know if this would score well in level 2 anymore, but back in the day when I saw those tiny coed flyers do a conjoined BHS with the huge partner stunt boys I was GAGGED girl. I must have watched those 5 seconds a million times back then.

Starts at :34

One of my favorites, too! I was so happy they won Worlds that year!

Back