Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oldest Gyms still in business
1988 - Greensboro All Stars, ASG Cougar Cheer
1990 - Charlotte All Stars
1991 - GymTyme All Stars
1992 - Pro Cheer (GA), NEO Allstars
1994 - Cheer Athletics, Texas Lonestar, World Cup, Premier Athletics
1995 - Memphis Elite, Spirit of Texas, Cheergyms.com, Brandon, Cheer Illinois Athletics
1996 - CJA, Twist and Shout, CNY Storm
1997 - Pro Spirit, Top Gun (?)
1998 - ACX
known "old" gyms (16+ years), but don't know date
Cheer Station (Austin, TX)
CEA

Did they call it Cheer Extreme then?
I'm not sure tbh.. heck I didn't even know she had started coaching a competitive team in HS! lol
I think Nelson may have already answered the question though..
as far as competing w/them, I don't think she ever did.

Oh you are bringing back memories for me!!! I remember competing against Q-94 Rockers at William and Mary College a few years in a row (probably about 93-96ish). They were always very good and so innovative at the time.

Yes! They played all kinds of old Q94 Rocker and Tucahoe videos at her memorial, It'll be 2 years next year. :(. I didn't come around til the Cheer Factory days, but I was so impressed with how much they had going on back then lol!

No. No more WFAS. After a very tumultuous year he doors are closed. And our worlds team who won a bid back in Dec. does not get to go to Worlds this year. All very sad and heartbreaking for parents and kids. Was with them for 6 years, but it was not like it used to be and we move on to bigger and better things. Thank you for the kind words
I hope you find a program that is an awesome fit for you and that you have a great season next year. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Sending good wishes your way!

'86 was the creation of the Q94 Rockers.

If you follow the Rocker trail, *I Believe* that they eventually (though in what year I don't know) turned into the USA Allstars. The Richmond location of USA no longer exists (and in it's time went through some mergers and buy ups, Richmond Gym history...ugh) but the Stafford (?) one does so if that counts there's a potential they've (the "brand" USA) been around quite some time. I'll see if I can't find out at work tonight...

USA All Stars in Richmond was started in 1997 and I *think* Hilda was one of the original founders of that gym. Ah, great times in that gym!! It is a privilege to have cheered in the same gym in which she coached. Although she never personally coached me, she still took the time to know who I was in that gym. I will never forget that place. RIP USA RICHMOND!

Oldest All Star Programs still in business
1988 - Greensboro All Stars, ASG Cougar Cheer
1990 - Charlotte All Stars
1991 - GymTyme All Stars*
1992 - Pro Cheer (GA), NEO Allstars
1994 - Cheer Athletics, Texas Lonestar, World Cup, Premier Athletics
1995 - Memphis Elite, Spirit of Texas, Cheergyms.com, Brandon, Cheer Illinois Athletics
1996 - CJA, Twist and Shout, CNY Storm, Cheer Extreme
1997 - Pro Spirit, Top Gun*, Champion Cheer, USA (VA)
1998 - ACX, Power

* I think GymTyme didn't have official teams until later, and I think Top Gun had teams earlier. Not positive on either of those.

known "old" gyms (16+ years), but don't know date
Cheer Station (Austin, TX)

Anyone know when Carolina Allstars opened in upstate SC? I feel like they might be a couple years older than ACX but I could be wrong.

The founders/owners of Top Gun Miami according to their bios have been there for 18 years putting them about at 1995 if that helps....

This is fun :)

Back