All-Star Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm back... since you guys have stopped frustrating me so much...
Stars are not known for their crazy stunt sequences. They do a good, clean stunt that hits the scoresheet, and they win. They win because of their tumbling, their choreography, their execution, their performance, and (although most of us may think it doesn't have the difficulty) a difficult stunt. We're forgetting that most stunts that hit the scoresheet properly don't seem all that difficult. Take a look at GT Pink last year. They had a good stunt, nothing too over the top, but it hit the scoresheet perfectly, and they came away with (if I'm correct) the highest score of the competition. Look at Stars in 09. Even when Senior Elite hit those tick tocks, and their crazy pyramid, Stars won, because they had all the elements a stunt needs to max out.
Yes Senior Elite's stunt looks crazy difficult this year, and it is, but it doesn't mean that it's the best stunt you can compete. A team REALLY only needs to hit a level 5 release move, level 5 full up (so 1 1/2 up or full up to one foot), and a level 5 inversion, all of which Stars do, and that's basically all they'll need to max out their stunt. No need to attempt 9 full around tick tocks that will probably never hit perfectly, or never hit cleanly, no need to attempt a 1 1/2 up stretch that, even if it doesn't fall, is just asking to lose synchronization. They're doing what they need to to score well in stunting, and leaving the rest of the routine for their flare, perfection, and crazy difficulty.

Stars are not known for their crazy stunt sequences. They do a good, clean stunt that hits the scoresheet, and they win. They win because of their tumbling, their choreography, their execution, their performance, and (although most of us may think it doesn't have the difficulty) a difficult stunt. We're forgetting that most stunts that hit the scoresheet properly don't seem all that difficult. Take a look at GT Pink last year. They had a good stunt, nothing too over the top, but it hit the scoresheet perfectly, and they came away with (if I'm correct) the highest score of the competition. Look at Stars in 09. Even when Senior Elite hit those tick tocks, and their crazy pyramid, Stars won, because they had all the elements a stunt needs to max out.
Yes Senior Elite's stunt looks crazy difficult this year, and it is, but it doesn't mean that it's the best stunt you can compete. A team REALLY only needs to hit a level 5 release move, level 5 full up (so 1 1/2 up or full up to one foot), and a level 5 inversion, all of which Stars do, and that's basically all they'll need to max out their stunt. No need to attempt 9 full around tick tocks that will probably never hit perfectly, or never hit cleanly, no need to attempt a 1 1/2 up stretch that, even if it doesn't fall, is just asking to lose synchronization. They're doing what they need to to score well in stunting, and leaving the rest of the routine for their flare, perfection, and crazy difficulty.
All a team really needs to do to win is hit the score sheet perfectly, be extremely clean, and perform! There really is no need for a crazy and risky stunt, though they do impress everyone! The judges are obviously going to choose the routine that hits that has all the aspects of the score sheet over an overachieving team that does something extremely hard but drops. Sometimes I don't understand teams.... They try too hard

And furthermore, what World's contending team puts out a routine that doesn't "HIT THE SCORE SHEET" their coaches are professionals, many of you here that keep talking about "hitting the score sheet" are not. Hitting the score sheet is a given these days, so the discussion of whether it hits the score sheet or not is a mute point. Here's a secret.. it will, when it has to.

To play devils advocate, if Senior Elite did not give us the insanely difficult stunts that they have been giving us for the past few years, and instead put out full up body position, full up body position, high high tick tock - many people here that are defending Shooting Stars would be on their a** about it. You cannot win with some people - let the coaches do what they are going to do, and leave it be. These conversations just keep going in circles with the same regurgitated material.

And furthermore, the discussion of "hitting the score sheet" is well worn out. What World's contending team is putting a routine out that is NOT hitting the score sheet. It will when it needs to. None of these coaches are dumb, they do their jobs very well & understand what they need to do.. but I'm sure they appreciate you helping them fix their routines guys ;)

To play devils advocate, if Senior Elite did not give us the insanely difficult stunts that they have been giving us for the past few years, and instead put out full up body position, full up body position, high high tick tock - many people here that are defending Shooting Stars would be on their a** about it. You cannot win with some people - let the coaches do what they are going to do, and leave it be. These conversations just keep going in circles with the same regurgitated material.

And furthermore, the discussion of "hitting the score sheet" is well worn out. What World's contending team is putting a routine out that is NOT hitting the score sheet. It will when it needs to. None of these coaches are dumb, they do their jobs very well & understand what they need to do.. but I'm sure they appreciate you helping them fix their routines guys ;)

you're not playing devil's advocate, you're playing Cheer Extreme fan.
I'm not criticizing CEA for doing that stunt, I'm just saying that that isn't what you need to do to win, and yet people seem to think that it is. CEA can do what they want, I was simply pointing out that you don't NEED to be doing those things to hit the scoresheet and still come out on top.

Okay this might be kind of a weird question, and I don't mean this as an attack or anything there is just no other way to ask it. What is the point of doing two full ups back to back? Do you get double points for it? Or is it like gymnastics where you only get credit for the first one? I don't know too much about score sheets so I was just wondering. Or does anyone know if one of them is like a placeholder for a different stunt.

I just wanted to know because last year everyone said that cheer extreme only would get credit for one tick tock even though they were doing two.

Again this is not criticism or anything!! Haha you guys are terrifying so I don't want you to think I am attacking stars. :)

If everyone just did "what they need to do to win," then there would be no innovation and no advancement in this sport. Cheer Extreme sets the bar for stunts and pushes competitors to up their own game year after year...SS and F5 set the bar for performance and tumbling which pushes competitors to up their game year after year.

You need to play to your strengths and continue to do push the envelope in those categories. I'm not necessarily a SS or a CEA fan, but I don't think these teams coaches' DON'T have the utmost faith in their athletes' ability to nail either routine when it counts...It's November...nothing really matters that much at this point. Everyone needs to chill.

(This starts off with a negative sounding attitude, but don't get distracted by that :p It makes a point.)

I think this thread highlighted why I've never been a giant WCSS fan; I live for intricate, new, different stunts and pyramids and the rest is just nice stuff in between (omg thank god I'm not a judge). If I am impressed enough by "the rest" to mention it, that speaks volumes..........and I am genuinely impressed.

The standing tumbling really sets the tone for the entire routine. It's so intricate, clean and yet so jam-packed full of skills that I found myself wowed before we were even 30 seconds in (oh and Kelsey Rule's two to double punch double is perfection). The stunt section I don't love; it feels too step 1-step 2-step 3 to me, if that makes sense? But I can't deny it does what it needs to and does it nicely. Jumps: A+. Running tumbling was nice as usual...but I really didn't like the part with the front walkovers to knees in the middle. Skills are undeniably there, though. Pyramid was not my favorite (I'm apparently in the minority here), and I know nothing about necessary elements in a pyramid haha but I'm sure it will hit the scoresheet well. Finally, the transitions seriously make this routine. They're creative, interesting, different, and yet still really really clean (something I find myself thinking typically only about F5). That's the mark of a fantastic choreographer.

SO. In review, this routine is very very impressive and already looking good which speaks well for the rest of their season. I wouldn't say I prefer it to CEAs routine (due to the lack of a OMG-THAT-STUNT reaction) but I recognize that it's freaking good and that it gets the job done and then some.

@chyeeaaa69, With all due respect I do not think the response from @meanj was as a CEA SE fan. He has a valid point, and no I am not a member of the Teal Army and yes I know he is a CEA SE fan. World Cup, CEA SE, F5, etc. these coaches know EXACTLY what they are doing. These teams, IMO, prior to their first "real" competition are looking for mat time. I can tell you from my years with Top Gun, our showcase was in no way indicative of how well our teams would do. In fact it seemed the worse a team did at the showcase, the better season they had!

I am just so pleased how clean some of these teams already look. Can't wait for the real part of the season to begin!

So it took me 2 days to recover from the videos to get on here...Just kidding?
Honestly, that was probably the best Stars routine I've ever seen. So much eneergy, so many skills, so much power! I died. I've only seen the Suns, twinkles, and Stars videos, but WC is on POINT this year. I'm so happy!

Back