All-Star Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While I believe that a smart coach will build a routine that "hits" the scoresheet, I like to believe that the routine also showcases the team members' strength and gym philosophy. SE stunt is "crazy difficult" because "crazy difficult" is what we do in Kernersville. Our Junior Elite is competing a Worlds worthy stunt. A routine that would easily "hit" the World's score sheet. Our kids are coached early to stunt well. If SE could not hit their stunt, they wouldn't have showcased it. Once the right kids are in the right places, things will become more consistent. I am sure that the same can be said for any team showcasing this early. I enjoyed SS routine because it showcases what they do best. The stunts they dropped will, hopefully, not still be dropping in say, January or February. The same can be said for SE.

I have to say I actually really like their routine. And I'm sorry to say I judged their music too soon. I actually like the way it goes with the routine.

..feel free to pick yourself up off the floor now ;)

To touch on- one could say if SE (Go with me..) DIDN'T do 2 stunt sequences in 2010, would we be NEEDING to do them now? Suddenly, 2011 hits and OH LOOK! Everyone's doing 2 separate stunt sequences..either one that's level 5 and maxes out on people (small senior putting up 6, etc) and one that's 'elite' or two different 'elite' stunt sequences. Would people be SO adamant about sync tumbling if Panthers didn't smack everyone with it in small senior? Might people be rocking out dances BECAUSE it hurt SE last year? While I do think gyms have their specialty, there's a certain amount of hitting the scoresheet and leaving it at that before you're running the risk of not matching up.

For a showcase performance, it was everything I expect Stars to be. Entertaining, nice to watch, energetic. For a Large Senior team gunning for what might be the last Large Senior Worlds Title? Come Worlds, they might need a little more in some areas. Who knows?

To touch on- one could say if SE (Go with me..) DIDN'T do 2 stunt sequences in 2010, would we be NEEDING to do them now? Suddenly, 2011 hits and OH LOOK! Everyone's doing 2 separate stunt sequences..either one that's level 5 and maxes out on people (small senior putting up 6, etc) and one that's 'elite' or two different 'elite' stunt sequences. Would people be SO adamant about sync tumbling if Panthers didn't smack everyone with it in small senior? Might people be rocking out dances BECAUSE it hurt SE last year? While I do think gyms have their specialty, there's a certain amount of hitting the scoresheet and leaving it at that before you're running the risk of not matching up.

For a showcase performance, it was everything I expect Stars to be. Entertaining, nice to watch, energetic. For a Large Senior team gunning for what might be the last Large Senior Worlds Title? Come Worlds, they might need a little more in some areas. Who knows?

OMG that's a hideous thought :(

@chyeeaaa69, With all due respect I do not think the response from @meanj was as a CEA SE fan. He has a valid point, and no I am not a member of the Teal Army and yes I know he is a CEA SE fan. World Cup, CEA SE, F5, etc. these coaches know EXACTLY what they are doing. These teams, IMO, prior to their first "real" competition are looking for mat time. I can tell you from my years with Top Gun, our showcase was in no way indicative of how well our teams would do. In fact it seemed the worse a team did at the showcase, the better season they had!

I am just so pleased how clean some of these teams already look. Can't wait for the real part of the season to begin!

I was in no way trying to say the coaches don't know what they're doing, I was speaking more to the fact that people on Fierceboard, Youtube, Facebook, etc. are thinking that it's necessary to do all these huge stunt sequences to max out, when it isn't. I wasn't saying it was the coaches thinking that.

you're not playing devil's advocate, you're playing Cheer Extreme fan.
I'm not criticizing CEA for doing that stunt, I'm just saying that that isn't what you need to do to win, and yet people seem to think that it is. CEA can do what they want, I was simply pointing out that you don't NEED to be doing those things to hit the scoresheet and still come out on top.

Actually that's complete BS...He posted the videos of their routines on his fb and had nothing but nice things to say about it, particularly the SS routine. Not a single negative or catty thing to say about it at all.

Actually that's complete BS...He posted the videos of their routines on his fb and had nothing but nice things to say about it, particularly the SS routine. Not a single negative or catty thing to say about it at all.

Unlike many people here who are blinded by the uniform a team wears, I appreciate good skill for what it is. Shooting Stars are off to a strong start this season - and, as I said on Facebook, I appreciated and was entertained by their routine. Thanks @xtremeteal4life for setting him straight.

Well after reading this thread all the way through I only have one thing to say:

Be careful "gold army", or else you will replace the "teal army" on here as the running joke in threads.

Unlike many people here who are blinded by the uniform a team wears, I appreciate good skill for what it is. Shooting Stars are off to a strong start this season - and, as I said on Facebook, I appreciated and was entertained by their routine. Thanks @xtremeteal4life for setting him straight.

And what am I...chopped liver? LOL!

Back